SAIA | DHL Buyout??

kevmanham

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if anyone else has heard about DHL buying out Saia? This was rumored a few months ago, and yesterday a city friver was asked about the buyout that was to be finalized by Jan 1st.

Oh well. Maybe DHL will get rid of the fat at the top that is holding Saia back from becoming all it can.

He's alright. When he first got there, things got cleaned up and started to get better (ie. moral, equiptment, etc.). But now things are going down hill. We can not get things fixed, safety issues are piling up, and moral is in the crapper. As a person I really like him, but I guess company politics keep him from doing much.

Kevman........... I thought he was alright, I got along with him just fine. Hes a little different in ways. City guys couldnt stand him because he cut there hours from 60 hours a week to 38 to 40 a week. But there was no need for everyone to work 60 hours. He did what he had to do to make springfield profitable. He sure is tight when it comes to spending money thoe. I use to tease him alot about no paper towels, soap, all the little things that he wouldnt buy for the term. It was fun while he was here. A good guy to pick on.:smilie_132:

ABOUT THE DHL BUY OUT............ I HAVE HEARD THAT FOR SOMETIME NOW. I HAD ALSO HEARD THAT UPS WAS LOOKING INTO US BEFORE THEY BOUGHT OVERNITE. I REALLY DIDNT BELEIVE THAT BECAUSE I DIDNT SEE A COMPANY LIKE THAT BUYING US. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE US BECOME ALL 48, BUT I WOULD RATHER SEE SAIA CONTINUE TO UP DATE ALL THE EQUIPMENT TOO. I KNOW ITS COMMING IN LITTLE BY LITTLE, BUT WE SURE NEED TO GET RID OF A LOT OF JUNK TRUCKS, TRAILERS, AND DOLLYS. SOME TIMES ITS ALMOST EMBARASSING TO DRIVE OR BE SEEN IN SOME OF THIS EQUIPMENT. JUST LAST WEEK, I TOOK A SET TO OKC AND I HAD EXTREEMLY DIRTY OLD 97 MODEL WITH HALF THE PAINT GONE, A SHORT TRAILER ON THE FRONT. WIDE OLD DOLLY, AND A TALL TRAILER ON REAR WITH SPRAY PAINT ALL OVER BOTH SIDES. I FELT LIKE I WAS DRIVING FOR A TRAVELING CARNIVAL COMMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU:hysterical: . AND THIS HAPPENS QUITE A BIT, NOT JUST TO ME BUT I SEE IT OUT ON THE ROAD. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE BETTER EQUIPMENT THATS ALL.

Heard throught he grapevine last night that a friend was able to ask a family member to look into it who deals with financial stuff was able to see that somewhere in the financial community that there is indeed something going on linked to both SAIA and DHL. But, they cannot see what it is.

I know it won't happen, but just think what would happen if DHL pulled out of the USA. There would be a lot of disappointed truck drivers. No more rumors to spread!!!

Junk

ABOUT THE DHL BUY OUT............ I HAVE HEARD THAT FOR SOMETIME NOW. I HAD ALSO HEARD THAT UPS WAS LOOKING INTO US BEFORE THEY BOUGHT OVERNITE. I REALLY DIDNT BELEIVE THAT BECAUSE I DIDNT SEE A COMPANY LIKE THAT BUYING US. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE US BECOME ALL 48, BUT I WOULD RATHER SEE SAIA CONTINUE TO UP DATE ALL THE EQUIPMENT TOO. I KNOW ITS COMMING IN LITTLE BY LITTLE, BUT WE SURE NEED TO GET RID OF A LOT OF JUNK TRUCKS, TRAILERS, AND DOLLYS. SOME TIMES ITS ALMOST EMBARASSING TO DRIVE OR BE SEEN IN SOME OF THIS EQUIPMENT. JUST LAST WEEK, I TOOK A SET TO OKC AND I HAD EXTREEMLY DIRTY OLD 97 MODEL WITH HALF THE PAINT GONE, A SHORT TRAILER ON THE FRONT. WIDE OLD DOLLY, AND A TALL TRAILER ON REAR WITH SPRAY PAINT ALL OVER BOTH SIDES. I FELT LIKE I WAS DRIVING FOR A TRAVELING CARNIVAL COMMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU:hysterical: . AND THIS HAPPENS QUITE A BIT, NOT JUST TO ME BUT I SEE IT OUT ON THE ROAD. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE BETTER EQUIPMENT THATS ALL.

When I worked for SAIA, all I pulled was junky equipment. I remember pulling up to a customer one day and the guys were all looking at me and pointing. I got out only to find my front signal light was hanging down by the wires. Boy, thats professional. I never could understand why they bought new trailers with no way to tie stuff up inside....walls as slick as a board, now how are you to secure freight with no way to tie stuff up? The contractors would bash all the trailers and never get called out about it, scrape the sides, burn all the brakes...etc.

I know it won't happen, but just think what would happen if DHL pulled out of the USA. There would be a lot of disappointed truck drivers. No more rumors to spread!!!

Truckers would be a thing of the past if there were no rumors.Wife says were worse than a bunch of women in a beauty shop:chairshot:

When I worked for SAIA, all I pulled was junky equipment. I remember pulling up to a customer one day and the guys were all looking at me and pointing. I got out only to find my front signal light was hanging down by the wires. Boy, thats professional. I never could understand why they bought new trailers with no way to tie stuff up inside....walls as slick as a board, now how are you to secure freight with no way to tie stuff up? The contractors would bash all the trailers and never get called out about it, scrape the sides, burn all the brakes...etc.

Thats the reason they have company drivers. To blame everything on.

Just think,fellas. We could all be jockeying for positions at the organized companies hoping like hell we don't get laid off.Here we can still tell all the trashy rumors we want.