Yellow | dhl BUYS CONTROLING INTEREST IN YELLOW ROADWAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip C said:
100 stops! Man you guys earn your money dont you ! I think this reminds me as to why I stay in a truck and do not want to drive a package car. Hats off to you guys !(reminder to self "just say no to package cars")
Yes I was thinking that too many years ago .Years before my folks sugguested that I apply at UPS ,but I didn't want to have to work that hard if you know what I mean
When Churchill Truck Lines closed in '94 I knocked on alot of doors ,but AirBorne Express was the only company to talk with me .It's a union job ,one of the ONLY reasons that I've stayed with it this long .
I now have have almost 400 people below me in the Chicago area ,so it would be hard for me to go and start all over UNLESS I really needed to .(AirBorne was bought out by DHL a couple of years ago).
I'd love to get out of a package car ,back into a big truck.Sure I'd miss the pressure .
10am's 1030's 1200, 1500 commitments.
If I'm lucky I get to drive a big truck once a month .I've got a good route ,been on it 8 years . I'm now the senior guy in the area (Myself and another guy until the holidays when the area swells to a third driver (YEAH,)
My route gets cut by1/3rd.
I make a good check ,but as a old slogan went "I earn my money the old fashion way .
Hard Work and Sweat.( I added the last couple there )But you get my meaning!

Yep, that's the office I'm in. I check the boards every couple of weeks.

I'll respond to what I can. When it gets real specific to field operations, I'm not much use.
Could you find out if DHL is going to give us our 15 percent money back in a lump sum ??????

The stock is already over 40 $$$ And climbing!!!!
U.S. stock market closed today for MLK Birthday. But DHL stock did go up a little today on the German stock exchanges...
hauptversammlung-2014-990.jpg

http://www.dpdhl.com/en/investors/shares/share_price_information.html

:smilies 19296::hilarious::stirthepot:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.