Yellow | DHL or UPS buying YRC freight ?

Between the sorry asses and the new drivers that have never been on a freight dock it's a pretty sad situation going forward.
I think it was Albag that said long ago that attrition would be our demise and I think he is right.

We have bid dock workers that take 4 hours to break a trailer with nothing but skids and no damages.The sad part is that most of them actually think they are doing a good job.

The last two guys that retired did two to three times as much work as the "new " breed of freight men and women.We have 5 that are going to retire between November and January
and it's going to take 15 of the types they are hiring to replace them.

I'm going to miss those Teamsters that started out with nothing but hand trucks to break trailers with.
Pride and self respect come from within. Believe me, I am no where happy with what's going on today with the company and our futile union. But I do show up every day and do a mans job, at a solid level of effort. These kids these days have no idea how things used to be, and what was expected of you...

Yeah but that's a battle of wits with an unarmed man:guinesssmilie:
Hahaha. Arguing with yourself sometimes is the best way.
No point in arguing with some at work. Some of them can do no wrong.
Even when is so obvious they are in the wrong or just can't take being pointed out that fact.
So. When you point out that you. Yourself are in the wrong while arguing with yourself in the back yard it ends there. You go back in the house calmer knowing your done. And it makes you a better person. Maybe. But if not you can only be mad at yourself. And go out and argue some more. Lol.
:17142:

Hahaha. Arguing with yourself sometimes is the best way.
No point in arguing with some at work. Some of them can do no wrong.
Even when is so obvious they are in the wrong or just can't take being pointed out that fact.
So. When you point out that you. Yourself are in the wrong while arguing with yourself in the back yard it ends there. You go back in the house calmer knowing your done. And it makes you a better person. Maybe. But if not you can only be mad at yourself. And go out and argue some more. Lol.
MC, looks like you've learned, best way to carry on an intelligent conversation is talk to yourself.

Reactions: mud
MC, looks like you've learned, best way to carry on an intelligent conversation is talk to yourself.
Don't het me wrong. There are alot of good people and common sense people there. But as you and everyone else knows you cannot tell anyone what to do.
Ya just gotta wonder as you sit and wait on your lift sometimes and say to yourself wtf?
And yes. Better to just argue with yourself. Lotta loose lips up there if you speak your mind. Faster than the internet. The word gets around.
I'm not shy about speaking my mind to anyone up there. I spoke my mind over a small issue yesterday. Miniscule issue. That's small. At the speed of light others knew it.
That's when you say I should just be talking to myself and shut up otherwise.
And..... :wtflol:
.... :off topic:. Way off topic.
So to keep it on topic.
NOBODY IS BUYING YRC! Lol.

Anyone who tells you they don't talk to themselves, like in your car after work, is lying....
I won't lie. It's mostly wtf just happened?
If you know what Bizzaro World is in the Superman comics is that's what it's like to work at YRC. You leave the normal world when you go to work and enter the Bizzaro World!
My wife asks if I talk to the TV when she isn't home?
When I say talk I mean bitch. Complain. Usually the national news is on. Hahaha.

I'll come out after taking a shower and my wife will ask me, who were you talking to in there.

Last edited:
Just tell her "your little friend". :17142:

h1Ki4z3.jpg

Now that is a nice avatar. Is that the Henry Ford Museum?

Last edited:
Can't tell you what to do, but I'd crawl back in the sleeper with snoreboy and sing this little song.

Amazon?
Now that's the best one I've heard so far.
I also hear that if they do they will be flying drones to the moon to make deliveries.
Accelerated freight only at first. Regular deliveries if the accelerated works out.
Hahahaha. :1sm364jumpbed: