New Penn | Dhl rumor floating around again

Yes - I heard that Yellow YRC was tired of NPME out performing the rest of the group and wanted to sell while they could still get a good price.

They are in negotiations with DHL right now and expect to close the deal by Jan 3rd.

Duesche bank of course will be funding the entire deal.

Happy Holidays folks

purchasing New Penn alone ? now that's a new one to me. i understood that the entire YRC is going to be a acquired. also, i'm not the most educated on business but if indeed this is true, why would a co. sell it's most profitable unit ? i just don't see it happening unless DHL overpays Yellow for it.

Yes -
They are in negotiations with DHL right now and expect to close the deal by Jan 3rd.

Happy Holidays folks

:grinning-smiley- 021:joke:

You have a good Holiday yourself "friend of the frog". I hope it is snowing and looking like Xmas in N.Y.

I think that Fotf is just playing with motorhead's rumor. IMO, even though New Penn is a well run money making company, I doubt that DHL would be making any regional purchases. I would think that with their deep pockets, they will buy a complete nationwide LTL freight system. But who knows, I suppose that it is possible that they could buy up some regional LTLs like TNT/USF did.

:grinning-smiley- 021:joke:

You have a good Holiday yourself "friend of the frog". I hope it is snowing and looking like Xmas in N.Y.

nah just some rain and about 50 degrees....as for the Jan 3 deadline, ill be getting fitted for my nice bright yellow & red uniform

you know dont put it past dollar bill look what he gave for big R and gave more for holland and now look at holland some where around a 102 look at yrc stock looks like to me they need cash

Yes - I heard that Yellow YRC was tired of NPME out performing the rest of the group and wanted to sell while they could still get a good price.

Happy Holidays folks
You aughta be ashamed of yourself.:biglaugh:
Merry Christmas Scrooge:smilie_132:

nah just some rain and about 50 degrees....as for the Jan 3 deadline, ill be getting fitted for my nice bright yellow & red uniform

I hear bright colors like yellow and red make people look fat, so watch what you eat over the Holidays!!

And to bad it's raining and not snowing.

And they go and buy a Chinnese logistics company, go figure.
Man, I could really start a rumor and say that YRC borrowed the money to by another Chinese carrier from DHL...........................

but I'd never do that....some people still think DHL funded the Roadway and USF acquisitions and this might be too much for them to take.

Merry Christmas to all my New Penn Brothers.

The truth is that if and when DHL decides to buy a company, no one will have a clue.

However, since every single carrier has been rumored to be purchased, when it happens some idiot will say...

SEE I TOLD YOU !!!!

No one will know until it happens.

purchasing New Penn alone ? now that's a new one to me. i understood that the entire YRC is going to be a acquired. also, i'm not the most educated on business but if indeed this is true, why would a co. sell it's most profitable unit ? i just don't see it happening unless DHL overpays Yellow for it.

Mista Trucka, that's exactly what I wanted to post, but you took the steam right out of my underpowered, deprogrammed, USF power unit.
Why would someone want to dump a division that was doing "too good?" BULLCROCK !!!!!!!!!!!! Having too much money is not in their greedy, corporate, bottom dwelling plans.:nutkick::smilie_132:

So you're right, you're no businessman, shutup and drive the truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hey, :1036316054:GO COWBOYS:1036316054:

Mista Trucka, that's exactly what I wanted to post, but you took the steam right out of my underpowered, deprogrammed, USF power unit.
Why would someone want to dump a division that was doing "too good?" BULLCROCK !!!!!!!!!!!! Having too much money is not in their greedy, corporate, bottom dwelling plans.:nutkick::smilie_132:

So you're right, you're no businessman, shutup and drive the truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hey, :1036316054:GO COWBOYS:1036316054:

uhh, Merry X-mas to you too. by the way, i'm no Packer fan BUT i think Mr. Brett Farve is gonna do all of us Eagle fans a favor come playoff time and whup on some Cowboy a*s !