Yellow | DHL Rumors ??? (again...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringbender

TB Lurker
Credits
An "old timer" once told a young Stringbender that if I kept hearing the same rumor over and over, chances are it may come true...
So...., with that being said, has anyone heard anything new about DHL buying YRC ???
(And PLEASE..., if you're going to be a smart*ss, be original, stay on topic, and lets not state the obvious. ..lol)

I'm sure that's just started up again because Yrc is making a presentation at a Deutche bank conference, the rumors usually start anytime Yrc and Deutche bank are mentioned in the same sentence. Imo nobody would come anywhere near this company, because not only are you buying a unionized company that's a complete mess, but you're buying all the debt and pension liabilities that comes with it. Not to even mention the hole we're in equipment and technology wise. Only thing I could possibly see happen on the m & a side would be us acquiring ABF, which would improve our equipment and technology immediately. And would be a significant upgrade on mgmt aa well.

I'm sure that's just started up again because Yrc is making a presentation at a Deutche bank conference, the rumors usually start anytime Yrc and Deutche bank are mentioned in the same sentence. Imo nobody would come anywhere near this company, because not only are you buying a unionized company that's a complete mess, but you're buying all the debt and pension liabilities that comes with it. Not to even mention the hole we're in equipment and technology wise. Only thing I could possibly see happen on the m & a side would be us acquiring ABF, which would improve our equipment and technology immediately. And would be a significant upgrade on mgmt aa well.
Do you really believe the last 2 sentences of your post????

Do you really believe the last 2 sentences of your post????
About Abf? Absolutely. Welch had to admit they approached ABF about a deal a while back, and I remember him saying he thought it was a good idea then and still thinks it's a good idea now. I'm not saying it will happen or I want to see it happen, but it's certainly still a possibility. Once these executives get something in their heads, they don't let it go very easy.

About Abf? Absolutely. Welch had to admit they approached ABF about a deal a while back, and I remember him saying he thought it was a good idea then and still thinks it's a good idea now. I'm not saying it will happen or I want to see it happen, but it's certainly still a possibility. Once these executives get something in their heads, they don't let it go very easy.
I sincerely believe that was only a bargaining tactic. To scare the ABF Teamsters. There are NO advantages to DHL acquiring YRCW.

I sincerely believe that was only a bargaining tactic. To scare the ABF Teamsters. There are NO advantages to DHL acquiring YRCW.
Did you not realize Judy and Jim had lunch together and agreed Welch would scare abf people into thinking they could become part of the yrc fiasco, and in return Judy let the lawsuit against yrc go away ?????

Again I'll state that I'm not saying it will happen, only a possibility. Yrc does have an infinity to purchase other carriers. Probably right about it being a scare tactic since Judy went out of her way to make the offer public, which I've never seen before. Only making the point that nobody would buy Yrc, only possibility would be Yrc acquiring someone else.

An "old timer" once told a young Stringbender that if I kept hearing the same rumor over and over, chances are it may come true...
So...., with that being said, has anyone heard anything new about DHL buying YRC ???
(And PLEASE..., if you're going to be a smart*ss, be original, stay on topic, and lets not state the obvious. ..lol)

I like the disclaimer

Again I'll state that I'm not saying it will happen, only a possibility. Yrc does have an infinity to purchase other carriers. Probably right about it being a scare tactic since Judy went out of her way to make the offer public, which I've never seen before. Only making the point that nobody would buy Yrc, only possibility would be Yrc acquiring someone else.
You going to get my drinking buddy, Wong all fired up again talking like that.....

Yep..... No one gonna touch this company with a 28 foot pole!
It's so deep in debt and mismanaged... No way.
Yrc is still running on 1980 standards. The future has passed us long ago.

Teamsters Criticize YRC’s Offer to Buy ABF

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=31984

We'll get some new equipment?!

xzN5HjM.jpg

And even better...some new uniforms?!

fsFBu0f.jpg

:hyper:

I heard they're gonna make stringbender CEO of DHLYRCW and give him a huge bonus for putting all this together!

His new uniform will have Stars,!!!
That's right. Also, I'm bringing back free popcorn and all the sodapop you can drink.

xzN5HjM.jpg

fsFBu0f.jpg

xzN5HjM.jpg

fsFBu0f.jpg

How will a 300 pound hairy YRC driver sleep in that itty bitty sleeper berth ??? .lol

Status
Not open for further replies.