Yellow | DHL's Future in LTL

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Just thought I would get the rumor mill cranked up........With UPS buying OVNT, and FedEx with AF and now Watkins, I think DHL will be forced into the LTL business sooner than later. I don't think that ABF is what DHL is looking for. RDWY has the coverage, the Cananda and Mexico lanes. We still have AGO operating on it's own. How far fetched would it for YRC to spin off RDWY and DHL to pick us up?? I know......but no one saw Yellow buying RDWY, either?!?

Can't really see it to tell you ther truth. We won't be spun off, maybe stripped of everything and spit out. But doubt that as well. Wonder what the selling price of yrc would be anyway? Imagine in the range of 5 billion.

DHL been losing money hand over fist in the usa

DHL wont buy roadway, yellow, or anything else in the usa till the figure out how to make a profit in the U.S. they are big over seas, but havnt done anything but lose alot of $$$$ since they bought airborne express, and the other thing that they have tried to get invovled in.

What if one of the LTL companies goes the other way and buys DHL? Would that be a shocker? Hell, Yellow has already bought everything that is orange or yellow except Schneider and Estes. Who's to say they wouldn't want to go after DHL? In this business I am just glad that when I go to work each day the gate is not padlocked shut.:chairshot:

Not to sound mean, but you obviously don't realize how big DHL is. Worldwide they are much much larger than even UPS. Too big a nutt for YRCW to even contemplate. Now maybe if DHL wanted to part with only their USA buisness. But they seem determined to make it work in the only part of the world they don't dominate. It would have been nice though if Yellow would have beat the Germans to the punch and bought Airborne. Now that would have been sweet.

Just remember Dollar Bill's words when he first formed YRC. He stated early on that with all the mergers and acquisitions going on that "YRC was going to be One of the big players, instead of part of one of the big players". I think I like his "vision" better than Leo's...:biglaugh:

With Con-Way buying its own stock back rebranding trucks and closing down it's airfreight division one might think that the target is Con-Way, and they're getting ready for something big. just a thought

. Mergers and acquisitions are the name of the game in the new trucking industry as companies scramble to compete against one another in all sectors of the market: LTL freight, parcel delivery and global logistics.

DHL may be the next big player to buy a major freight carrier. Analysts agree that if they intend to grow and compete with UPS and FedEx, DHL cannot remain strictly an airfreight operation. Airfreight’s rapid expansion is over and shippers are moving to full-service carriers.

buckshot how the wife doing . Do u know when u will be back.I will being on vacation on June 17 not working that day Thak care .

Docksteward said:
Just thought I would get the rumor mill cranked up........With UPS buying OVNT, and FedEx with AF and now Watkins, I think DHL will be forced into the LTL business sooner than later. I don't think that ABF is what DHL is looking for. RDWY has the coverage, the Cananda and Mexico lanes. We still have AGO operating on it's own. How far fetched would it for YRC to spin off RDWY and DHL to pick us up?? I know......but no one saw Yellow buying RDWY, either?!?

I think you have something there Mr Docksteward.The battle lines are becoming more and more clear. DHL has the money to buy us. I just don't know what everybody's waiting for. In the future it's going to be UPS, Fed Ex and DHL. Everybody else is subject to being bought out.

IR CookieMonster said:
I think you have something there Mr Docksteward.The battle lines are becoming more and more clear. DHL has the money to buy us. I just don't know what everybody's waiting for. In the future it's going to be UPS, Fed Ex and DHL. Everybody else is subject to being bought out.
It's going to be interesting .YRW,Conway,
or even R&L /Gator .
DHL has to do something ,that's for sure.

Flattop said:
Not to sound mean, but you obviously don't realize how big DHL is. Worldwide they are much much larger than even UPS. Too big a nutt for YRCW to even contemplate. Now maybe if DHL wanted to part with only their USA buisness. But they seem determined to make it work in the only part of the world they don't dominate. It would have been nice though if Yellow would have beat the Germans to the punch and bought Airborne. Now that would have been sweet.
Hey Flattop......welcome back?? to the boards. You are right most people don't realize how big DHL is, worldwide. Most of us just see the yellow vans running around town, and some of us keep up with the Teamsters trying to organize those workers. The way it was told to me.....they are larger than UPS and FedEx combined!!:duck: They are the post office for Europe. Now that's huge. Most companys that are from Europe go about business a different way. When DHL came to the US, they had a 5 year plan. They will stick to that plan, then move on to a new one. I just think that with the recent purchases by FedEx and UPS, they will be forced to incorporate a LTL company, and I think they will go big!! DS.

DHL was recently organize here in VA under 1 state contract which is a positive thing.

How big is DHL I know this for fact cause I was there in Germany there presence is like UPS & FedEx combined where UPS presence is far and in between. Same for FedEx hardly see them but the U.S. commercials we see trys to protray them (UPS & FedEx) as being big there in Europe.

DHL is building its US base market if you notice they do alot of business with military air bases as far as moving alot of their air freight verses the commercial airports.

screwy louiey said:
DHL was recently organize here in VA under 1 state contract which is a positive thing.

How big is DHL I know this for fact cause I was there in Germany there presence is like UPS & FedEx combined where UPS presence is far and in between. Same for FedEx hardly see them but the U.S. commercials we see trys to protray them (UPS & FedEx) as being big there in Europe.

DHL is building its US base market if you notice they do alot of business with military air bases as far as moving alot of their air freight verses the commercial airports.
I've been told outside of the US,DHL is larger than Fed-X and UPS combined !