ABF | Did ABF buy USF?

That is exactly the attitude that led to the demise of Smith's,
Gordon's, McLean, Mason-Dixon, Red Ball, Spector Red Ball, CF, Carolina, Ryder-PIE, et al. That 'Me first', Te----, and then whatever was left over for the company. Thanks Big Steve for showing your colors.

me first?
i stated TEAMSTER first
first off, you do not know me, FYI i always did my job pal
you were the one who attacked me because you disagreed with my oppinion
for the most part it was poor management coupled with deregulation & IBT complacency (organizing-wise) that did those companies in with guys like you not helping the matter
it seems to me guys like you were part of the very reason the companies you listed above went bye bye
guys like you swallowed whatever the company was feeding you at the time
:eck13:
oh by the way carolina did not go belly up so get your facts straight

you showed your true colors "yellow"

Big steve I wish more teamsters had that attitude it seems to be a by gone attitude unfortunately, all those who fought for what we have today must be scratching their heads to the way we have slid, I talked about this with my old man and he just can't believe the way our brothers have lost our spines on things and much I will have to say is due to our leadership.... No organization in this industry all the while trying to get all these other entities organized as Teamsters while leaving the core-freight dangle in the wind and now we are seeing the reprercusions of these mistakes with one corporation dictating and destroying so much so fast...... God help us all no matter what company we work for because with YRC dictating and the international giving in its going to hit us all.....

On this thread I think all of us that work for Holland,Reddway, New Penn would love to see a buy out to just let us get back to business and set the pace again in this industry we all have been great companies destroyed by the guerrilla known as YRC and we all know if given the chance and help we could again and it would be a good buy by whomever to do so but only time will tell.

I said it once and i'll say again.Yellow is not in the freight moving business,their in the real estate business.Roadway owned all their properties out right.Now there's hardly anything left.And everything else is used to secure loans.That fact of the matter if Roadway didn't come along Yellow would have been out of business by now.Somebody behind the scenes loaned them the money and they turned around and sucked us dry!Does anyone remember the "151" line?Enough said....Boy i needed that. I feel better now.

What money? they bought it no money down leverage... planned obsolescence.

ABF is capable of building a better system from scratch, with a lot less effort, and less investment. These people know what they want. I suspect they would not be interested in the fire sale should it occur.

ABF is capable of building a better system from scratch, with a lot less effort, and less investment. These people know what they want. I suspect they would not be interested in the fire sale should it occur.

Holland still has alot of respect from its customers even though YRC owns them, and that is something that you can not build quickly and you still have alot of old holland blood in there that knows how to do it right.

Holland still has alot of respect from its customers even though YRC owns them, and that is something that you can not build quickly and you still have alot of old holland blood in there that knows how to do it right.

I was told Scott C****r was hired at ABF maybe to run the new ABF Holland:clap::clap:

if it's true

If who you are talking about is Scott C***er, his family started the company they were well respected people and did a great job. We at USF would love to have him run it again. I'll bet that he just cringes at what YRC has done to them!!!

Putting mouth in gear

I'm NOT about to get into a big debate with this guy "big steve". So this is it, Carolina was going down the tubes before ABF BOUGHT them. Had ABF not BOUGHT them every Carolina employee would had been out of a job. So enough of this "merge" BS. As far as lawsuits go. There is a former Carolina driver sitting here in my house as I write this who will tell you that it was Carolina people who filed a suit. ABF management is not stupid, they know what they are doing. One of the problems was thourgh out the years people just couldn't get it into thier heads that ABF is a very profitable company and always has been. They just never showed it. The problem with ABF today is that they kept too many former Carolina management people that contributed to the demise of Carolina. Had ABF gotten rid of alot of them things would had started off much better. These people kept the Carolina management mentality which had always been one of Carolina's biggest problem. A good example is a man like Ron F. This man is one of the "BAD APPLES" that ABF has working for them today. People like him only make things worse for a company, by causing poor morale and "bad attitudes". ABF never had a morale problem till after the Carolina "fiasco". They weeded out alot of the Carolina management right away. They just didn't go farther up the ladder. They were sold a bill of goods on these people and ABF took them on their word.
Had ABF known what kind of head aches they were going to have with Carolina people from top to bottom they would had done things alot different. Like closing every Carolina terminal, waiting and then start rehiring after weeding out the bad from the good.
:eck13::eck13::eck13::eck13:

I'm NOT about to get into a big debate with this guy "big steve". So this is it, Carolina was going down the tubes before ABF BOUGHT them. Had ABF not BOUGHT them every Carolina employee would had been out of a job. So enough of this "merge" BS. As far as lawsuits go. There is a former Carolina driver sitting here in my house as I write this who will tell you that it was Carolina people who filed a suit. ABF management is not stupid, they know what they are doing. One of the problems was thourgh out the years people just couldn't get it into thier heads that ABF is a very profitable company and always has been. They just never showed it. The problem with ABF today is that they kept too many former Carolina management people that contributed to the demise of Carolina. Had ABF gotten rid of alot of them things would had started off much better. These people kept the Carolina management mentality which had always been one of Carolina's biggest problem. A good example is a man like Ron F. This man is one of the "BAD APPLES" that ABF has working for them today. People like him only make things worse for a company, by causing poor morale and "bad attitudes". ABF never had a morale problem till after the Carolina "fiasco". They weeded out alot of the Carolina management right away. They just didn't go farther up the ladder. They were sold a bill of goods on these people and ABF took them on their word.
Had ABF known what kind of head aches they were going to have with Carolina people from top to bottom they would had done things alot different. Like closing every Carolina terminal, waiting and then start rehiring after weeding out the bad from the good.

no need to debate brother
you state :So this is it, Carolina was going down the tubes before ABF BOUGHT them. Had ABF not BOUGHT them every Carolina employee would had been out of a job.

quite possibly carolina would not have lasted long
that is why the IBT negotiating committee did not strike them

as for abf buying them that statement is entirely inaccurate
if you are correct then it would have been an ENDTAIL in the seniority application
it was not a dovetail was ordered by the national COO committee

as far as carolina guys filing suit, why? they retained their seniority slots
the Beam family may have filed suit for other reasons but definetly not the carolina teamsters
i do know for a fact that some abf teamster employees did take legal action agaist the IBT to no avail
if need be i could send you a link to display what i am refering to
it was to no avail
you state : Had ABF known what kind of head aches they were going to have with Carolina people from top to bottom they would had done things alot different. Like closing every Carolina terminal, waiting and then start rehiring after weeding out the bad from the good.
i agree with the management assessment totally but disagree with what you say when you refer to your brother teamsters that were from carolina
i'm sure there are some bad eggs there but to stereotype all carolina employees into a single category is wrong
i'm sure there are as many :shit:heads from the abf side as well but i would not go so far to call or categorize all of them in that description as that would not be a correct nor fair assessment

abf guys must live up to the fact that abf management handled the MERGER poorly in respect to you guys:Flame-On:

you see this is what went down:eck13:
ark best ( abf 's parent )purchased worldway (carolina's parent)
ark best & worlway were not signatory to the NMFA only their subsidaries were
once that deal was consumated the subsidaries all fell under the surviving parents name
at which point it was decided to "consolidate" them
or in otherwords merge them into one entity thus dovetail applies
refer to some of my earlier posts on the subject for more detail if need be as no real debate is neccessary
you just seem to be misinformed that's all

besides abf made a ton of money from selling and utilizing carolina's assets
abf used to lease their terminals for the most part, carolina owned theirs
after liquidiating the extra equipment and some of the real estate the for most purposes got back a majority of what was spent in the acquisition

wow, BIg STEVE

needless to say, I agree with most of your comments on your last post. I belive that Carolina would have gone down and very well almost took ABF down within 1 day of going out of business.
I am part of the western region, so I wasn't really affected by the endtailing/dovetailing. It was my understanding that the end tail was part of the deal, but then the Teamsters backed off (I won't debate that).
You make a lot of good points, but the difference between you and me seem to be the Union mentality. I realize the company pays my wages, and we have to do all things possible to help the company deal with the non-union element. I like your comment about everyone having bad apples, you really can't lump all the people in one category.
So, BROTHER, we do have a lot in common. BUT, I am a company man first, Teamster second.