ABF | Did ABF Leak The YRC Story To Scare Teamsters?

As I understand nons got their 401k match back, and I for one appreciate their hard work...they EARN and DESERVE every dime they're paid

The more I find out about the current contract the teamsters have, I wonder why you brothers didn't dedicate a park and build a statue for your negotiating rep. five years ago. It looks like ABFS has been a good partner with the union. As far as health care, I think it is pretty bad when Congress voted for the bill but now want to exempt themselves. Health care run by government.....we know how well all of the other government programs have worked out. Employers will opt out (first opportunity) forcing us all on inferior government plans. Watch for better doctors to develop their own wealthy clientele. I have already seen signs in doctors offices stating they no longer see Medicaid patients. Like everyone else they have bills to pay.

In watching both YRCW and ABFS stock the last few days there are some interesting things going on. First, YRCW's stock price has been on fire. In 9 trading days the stock has added approx. $9 to $10 in value from $7.76. Is the market adjusting to YRCW having ABFS in the fold? Is the union quietly encouraging a merger to not lose the larger YRCW to bankruptcy? Meanwhile, ABFS stock's trading volume has increased significantly in the last 7 days. Averaging 1.5 million shares per day. Even yesterday after the YRCW buyout news has subsided the stock still traded nearly 1 million shares. Traditionally, ABFS averages around 300,000 shares traded per day. As YRCW stock price continues to go up it gets much easier for them to buyout ABFS in a stock deal. It is probably worthwhile to keep tracking price and volume.

In watching both YRCW and ABFS stock the last few days there are some interesting things going on. First, YRCW's stock price has been on fire. In 9 trading days the stock has added approx. $9 to $10 in value from $7.76. Is the market adjusting to YRCW having ABFS in the fold? Is the union quietly encouraging a merger to not lose the larger YRCW to bankruptcy? Meanwhile, ABFS stock's trading volume has increased significantly in the last 7 days. Averaging 1.5 million shares per day. Even yesterday after the YRCW buyout news has subsided the stock still traded nearly 1 million shares. Traditionally, ABFS averages around 300,000 shares traded per day. As YRCW stock price continues to go up it gets much easier for them to buyout ABFS in a stock deal. It is probably worthwhile to keep tracking price and volume.

The out come of this current ABF/IBT contract is HUGE? No crystal ball here, but praying for the best outcome for all concerned. But, I can speak from experience, if YRCW get its paws on ABF, it will be good for no one, contrary to Mr. Welch and his Board of Directors! I'm not the only one with good seniority that left YRC to come to ABF, and a lot of those guys will tell you, money isn't all a company compensates you with.

The out come of this current ABF/IBT contract is HUGE? No crystal ball here, but praying for the best outcome for all concerned. But, I can speak from experience, if YRCW get its paws on ABF, it will be good for no one, contrary to Mr. Welch and his Board of Directors! I'm not the only one with good seniority that left YRC to come to ABF, and a lot of those guys will tell you, money isn't all a company compensates you with.

We would be back to that dignity and respect I had mentioned to Go4Gold earlier. Those intangible things that are hard to put a dollar value on,...hence they usually get ignored in the calculations of people only concerned with money.

Canary is working on it :-)

You'd better believe it......$250,000 a month for one so-called Teamster "appointee"......and he was so far in the dark, that he couldn't alert Mr. Hoffa to a buyout offer a month ago...........maybe he was just buried in that pile of money, and couldn't see out over top of it. And......there's two of them? I cringe to find out what the other one is being paid, since they're so reluctant to make it public, so far. Douglas Carty, I believe, is his name? And his reason for not alerting Mr. Hoffa? Was he spending all his time trying to find a non-Union armored car carrier to haul away his big pile of booty, and couldn't be bothered to act like the watch-dog he was being paid handsomely to do? Anyone suspect that another motive in the YRC false buyout proposal was a good chance to make our Teamster leadership look like fools.........in the middle of contract talks?

I would be on the unemployment line

No, Brother Exfdx, ...your skills and licenses,...and your work ethic,..since you got hired by ABF,...will keep you from being on the unemployment line for long.............unlike your TM, dispatcher, clerks, and salespeople. Believe me, those are the ones with a lot at stake with our contract talks. At least we have some control of our own destiny......

No, Brother Exfdx, ...your skills and licenses,...and your work ethic,..since you got hired by ABF,...will keep you from being on the unemployment line for long.............unlike your TM, dispatcher, clerks, and salespeople. Believe me, those are the ones with a lot at stake with our contract talks. At least we have some control of our own destiny......

A short stint on the unemployment line, will beat a long career at YRC....It may be a done deal already.....Of course, I would like to see ABF get a contract ratified, and our stock keep climbing to make YRCW's money grubbers have to at least pay a premium price for a premium company, before they turn it into the soulless outfit that they have become....However, if we were all willing to do our best for a little less, and the market appreciated it enough, we might just beat em'...Union crooks and all....David did beat Goliath you know....Ya Mamma did read you that story didn't she?.......Ya'll be safe out there :cool:

Stand by, Brother Turncoat. We had our Union meeting this weekend,...my B. A. is a really conscientious guy,.....He let me know some of the details leaked to whomever is going to the 2-man meetings in Chicago on Monday. He asked me for confidentiality,...so all I can say...from what he heard.....Doing our best for a "little" less is going to be a relative term for the company....may be closer to a lot less.....And vacations? This is the year I finally get my 5th week......and it looks like Murphy's Law.....one of the colloraries....will apply. I will proceed to gather up the burn barrels.......At least Goliath in the Bible played by the rules......he didn't have snipers paid to shoot David in the back.....

Stand by, Brother Turncoat. We had our Union meeting this weekend,...my B. A. is a really conscientious guy,.....He let me know some of the details leaked to whomever is going to the 2-man meetings in Chicago on Monday. He asked me for confidentiality,...so all I can say...from what he heard.....Doing our best for a "little" less is going to be a relative term for the company....may be closer to a lot less.....And vacations? This is the year I finally get my 5th week......and it looks like Murphy's Law.....one of the colloraries....will apply. I will proceed to gather up the burn barrels.......At least Goliath in the Bible played by the rules......he didn't have snipers paid to shoot David in the back.....

Giving up any already earned vacation time or any other earned time off should be a no brainer for a NO VOTE !!!

Giving up any already earned vacation time or any other earned time off should be a no brainer for a NO VOTE !!!
Brother,....Vacation time is a time to heal the wounds,....physical and mental,....of the drudgery and tension of the everyday work world. Are we getting younger? Is ABF surruptitiously putting an additive in the water-cooler to subtract 10 years of age ? Does management understand the word "EARNED"?........or does that only apply to executive bonuses?....No Brainer is right.

I got five weeks for two years at YRC, my first four week year, I spent those four weeks working out my probation at ABF, I've had 1 week off in two years, so if you have four weeks vacation that's a good thing. You will have 4 weeks max at YRC....Just saying, we may do well to compare this TA, with the current YRC contract...I think the BA's will break it down for everyone....oh, I forgot, we are in a real strong bargaining position now, us ABF Teamsters, with insiders on YRC's board and so forth...we'll just send them back to the table cause this crap just won't do!

I got five weeks for two years at YRC, my first four week year, I spent those four weeks working out my probation at ABF, I've had 1 week off in two years, so if you have four weeks vacation that's a good thing. You will have 4 weeks max at YRC....Just saying, we may do well to compare this TA, with the current YRC contract...I think the BA's will break it down for everyone....oh, I forgot, we are in a real strong bargaining position now, us ABF Teamsters, with insiders on YRC's board and so forth...we'll just send them back to the table cause this crap just won't do!
Hah!....those "insiders" were the allegorical snipers I was referring to in the proverbial David and Goliath allegory......proverbially......

Hah!....those "insiders" were the allegorical snipers I was referring to in the proverbial David and Goliath allegory......proverbially......

Yea, that's me canary, jamming gears and ruining contracts, didn't realize how powerful I was. Just trying to feed my family, not ever going to get too rich driving trucks

We were led to believe the insiders were watchdogs not vultures...just another lie to get it passed over at ole YRC