Yellow | Did d.o.t. go into winston salem????????

Rumor control said roadway is getting a 10000 dollar fine, and any driver that runs it 1000.any facts to that?And that they are clocking all runs over 600 miles.with a tach truck ,not the satellite one were they average speed.

60.5 MPH average .... close to possible if you don't hit any traffic problems. I have seen many other forums here say they do turns with that many miles, but it does seem a little excessive.
Dangle the carrot in front of some horses and they will run !!

flstc2000 said:
60.5 MPH average .... close to possible if you don't hit any traffic problems. I have seen many other forums here say they do turns with that many miles, but it does seem a little excessive.
Dangle the carrot in front of some horses and they will run !!
:biglaugh: they go faster then us. I'd imagine with a 65mph truck that could actually pull, instead of that blue junk we got, they could run it.

It doesn 't matter how fast a truck can run if it can be legal,by what the speed limits are.if you are in 50 mph zone and running over that to make a trip it's not a makeable run.It doesn't matter what your average speed is but what are the posted speed limits that set if a run can be made or not.any time you must speed over the posted limits on a run it means that run cann't be made.

gopher said:
It doesn 't matter how fast a truck can run if it can be legal,by what the speed limits are.if you are in 50 mph zone and running over that to make a trip it's not a makeable run.It doesn't matter what your average speed is but what are the posted speed limits that set if a run can be made or not.any time you must speed over the posted limits on a run it means that run cann't be made.
So true. Our 120 to 190(Stroudsburg to Carlstadt) is 83 miles. 1.5 to run. If you figure in that half the trip is 50 and 55 mph, it can't be done in that time. With a 60mph truck, and don't be fooled, they may read something else, but most are still around there, it would take hour 23 mins alone. Add in the speed zones, and hills, nope! But hey, hammer down boys.:bgroovy:

Hopefully BigR can answer this one: A guy from buffy went from Boston to portland, 93 or 96 miles, then back to buffy, another 576? Just happened today. Other instances, but won't or need to go into. One guy ran 700 plus miles. Dumb asses even sign the log book(as well as they should), but stupid. You guys in buffy on something we should know? I know alot of you guys know how to turn up the trucks. Had a guy in a new truck start with me, then once through the first NY toll, he took off like a bat outta hell. Whats going to happen if D.O.T. goes in there?

You could only average around 50 mph no matter how you slice it.You have to take in acccount road const,weather,pulling hills etc.We have guys from 135 that turn 107 5 days a week.That's 612 miles.On more then one occassion they had to go to bed because they burned up 6 of their 11 hours getting there due the above mentioned.Again all the conditions have to be right to turn this trip.Of course you have the guys with sharp pencils that would turn it regardless.You know what they say,give them enough rope and the'll hang themselfs!

Moparman said:
You could only average around 50 mph no matter how you slice it.You have to take in acccount road const,weather,pulling hills etc.We have guys from 135 that turn 107 5 days a week.That's 612 miles.On more then one occassion they had to go to bed because they burned up 6 of their 11 hours getting there due the above mentioned.Again all the conditions have to be right to turn this trip.Of course you have the guys with sharp pencils that would turn it regardless.You know what they say,give them enough rope and the'll hang themselfs!
lol, yeah I hear ya. Specially all the construction delays up there in CT.:duh: Gotta wonder what a bad winter is going to due for that run? Or most of the buffy for that matter.:BlahBlah:

Why complain about it? Nobody has the balls to call dot, Somebody who wants to take the time to post illegal runs, I'LL COPY AND PASTE IT and send it to DOT!!!!!!!!!

I could hardly wait serta.I run 3 buffy beds a week.The other nite the thruway was closed in syracuse so they routed us down 81 to 84 so they figured since i was going that way to stop in at 120 on they way.It made for a long nite 532 miles.

What about the akron drivers and toledo drivers that got fired? I tell you this, I get check out alot more by DOT at scales. First thing, show me your log!