Holland | Did i blow my interview?

imported_roadrage

TB Regular
Credits
I have perfect driving record never been arrested and good work history....but i bought and sold real estate for year and half full time sold last one in 2001 the tm wants proof and the only thing i have are some old contracts, is this good enough? I did not report this to the irs so i do not have a 1099 when i sold the homes i cashed the checks and spent the money.Then i forgot to add a couple of contacts on the application and he handed back the application and said "Do you mind completing your application" (made me feel stupid).I do not have haz mats (I do have all other endorsements)so he informed me he can not even continue my application until i get haz mats".Thing is i drove 655 miles for this interview.I did not want to pay the $100.00 for haz mats if they did not want to offer the job.
He said as i was leaving "You get things taken care of and we will see what happens"???
So what i'am asking is there any hope guys?
Thanks

roadrage said:
I have perfect driving record never been arrested and good work history....but i bought and sold real estate for year and half full time sold last one in 2001 the tm wants proof and the only thing i have are some old contracts, is this good enough? I did not report this to the irs so i do not have a 1099 when i sold the homes i cashed the checks and spent the money.Then i forgot to add a couple of contacts on the application and he handed back the application and said "Do you mind completing your application" (made me feel stupid).I do not have haz mats (I do have all other endorsements)so he informed me he can not even continue my application until i get haz mats".Thing is i drove 655 miles for this interview.I did not want to pay the $100.00 for haz mats if they did not want to offer the job.
He said as i was leaving "You get things taken care of and we will see what happens"???
So what i'am asking is there any hope guys?
Thanks
Holland likes to leave people hang so don't waste your time with them.
Haz-Mat is a must with any LTL company as far as drivers are concerned.If you don't want to get the haz-Mat endorsement then get a job as a dump bucket driver or a grain hauler or become a grocery hauler or even a car hauler.You will also have to prove (with any company) that you have prior experience.

dirtball,
I do have verifiable experience two years and approx.240,000 miles driving tractor trailers.I also understand them wanting haz-mats but spending $150.00 and not know if you are going to get the job seems excessive.I would understand if they continued the process and said if you get haz-mats we will offer employment.
I don't know. Well thanks for your input dirtball

Roadrage its obvious you would like this job by the journey you've taken just to apply. I totally disagree with Dirtball about Holland. They haven't maintained their place as one of the premier carrier's by leaving a good man hanging. Dirt has some agendas that might sway his opinion against Holland. Not trying to start anything Dirt, but please stop selling against Holland on it's own forum. Grizz

I don’t know about Ohio, but in Pennsylvania you have to spend ten dollars to get the proper birth certificate. Then you have to pass the HAZMAT test, spend seventy-two dollars more, and then go to the Pennsylvania state police department to get fingerprinted. It took about six weeks for the government to find that I was not a security risk. They say to start the reapplication for your HAZMAT six months prior to the expiration; it did not take that long for me though. We did have one of our guys not make it, he was let go, no HAZMAT, you are not qualified. I am not trying to discourage you, just inform you of my experience with this subject. Good luck I hope everything falls in place for you.

655 miles holy lightning!!!! all that to live by the phone..............go get a job driving for walmart. much better job. not nearly as much B/S.

YEAH...Go to work for Wal-mart transportation LLC and live in the truck 5-6 days /nights per week...money is decent but their health benifits SUCK...any more questions about the CULT environment @ WAL-MART Transportation LLC...?
Feel free to ask me...Great job if you come from one of the BIG long haul carriers, ie:Schneider-werner-jbhunt etc. etc. But they have VERY STRICT requirements and haz-mat also.

Grizz said:
Roadrage its obvious you would like this job by the journey you've taken just to apply. I totally disagree with Dirtball about Holland. They haven't maintained their place as one of the premier carrier's by leaving a good man hanging. Dirt has some agendas that might sway his opinion against Holland. Not trying to start anything Dirt, but please stop selling against Holland on it's own forum. Grizz
After what they did to the Red Star guys.Yeah I'll continue to sell them down the road as much as possible. I'm retired now because I was good enough for Yellow freight ( they let me get my time in so I could retire). But from what I hear from my friends that work for holland ,I really don't think I was lying.

Wal-mart is like working for Mcdonalds! no disrespect to the men and woman who earn there paychecks via THE MART.Wondering about R&L in Wilmington, ohio any info?
Thanks to all that take time and reply.

Dirtball this arguement might be fitting for PM, but I have to question your degrading of the company(USF) in-which your are the moderator of. If I'm not mistaking, Mod's of other forum's will hardly let outsiders get out of line, much less flame their company. Dirt you have been a good mod throughout the many trials and tribulations of the past. I ask you again to lay off HMES. They contribute every month to the pension fund. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
Hey Grizz I don't think D-ball was being bad. Here in Mi we called Holland the 29 day wonder. Work 29 days, wonder why they never called again. That was when there was lots of drivers and they never wanted to hire full time. Seen some damn good men come and go. Not slamin here just the truth.:bye1:

Thats funny Wolf because I've been with Holland 17 years and never heard this phrase. I guess you are with Roadway. Its unbelievable someone from Roadway would or could say this about Holland. With Big-R's reputation with dealing with employees---come on, do I need to say more. And on the other hand you may have a point being the majority of our management is X-Roadway. So wolf its all good man. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
I totally disagree with Dirtball about Holland. They haven't maintained their place as one of the premier carrier's by leaving a good man hanging. Dirt has some agendas that might sway his opinion against Holland. Not trying to start anything Dirt, but please stop selling against Holland on it's own forum. Grizz
Ask anyone from the Holland terminal in Philly. "Even thought you passed all of the tests & are supposed to start work on monday, don't bother comming in. You are not Holland material"

Thats what the Holland TM told 2 friends of mine. Both were former GOOD Red Star drivers & were supposed to have been given preferencial consideration in being rehired in the Holland expansion.

There were others in Philly that had to go to the NLRB and fight to get their jobs at Holland

Drivers at other expansion terminals had the same problem because Red Star had made an A B C list and Holland used it to deny good workers a job just because someone at Red Star didn't like them.

Grizz said:
Thats funny Wolf because I've been with Holland 17 years and never heard this phrase. I guess you are with Roadway. Its unbelievable someone from Roadway would or could say this about Holland. With Big-R's reputation with dealing with employees---come on, do I need to say more. And on the other hand you may have a point being the majority of our management is X-Roadway. So wolf its all good man. GRIZZ
Grizz your right about Big R man check my many post on the subject. And the Holland saying was way before I hired on at Rdwy thats why I went here and all my pals went to Holland. Some made it some did'nt, the ones still there like it and I'll say again the ones that did'nt were good men but if it makes you feel good blame them and not Holland. The guy was asking opinions and now he has mine and yours. Have a good Holiday now:14:

I can only add that if you were to call the Human Resourses in Holland they would tell you that the TM has the last word on who is hired or not. Hope you made a GREAT inpression on your interveiw. :punk: :Banane01:

But if you plan to work at any LTL carrier you must have the correct endoresments. And the TM was right in telling you that he can not go any farther with the application until you have the right endorements.

Grizz I would not let somebody like DIRTBALL get under my skin. He has been blaming Holland for Red Stars closing since the beginning. I guess Holland was the Corp. office that said to close them up!!:USA:

JimJoe (jj) said:
Grizz I would not let somebody like DIRTBALL get under my skin. He has been blaming Holland for Red Stars closing since the beginning. I guess Holland was the Corp. office that said to close them up!!:USA:
I can't speak directly for dirtball, but I don't think anyone blames Holland for USF's closing of Red Star.

It was Holland's arrogant attitude toward the Red Star Teamsters that I didn't like

Was it hollands arrogant attitude toward red star teamsters or was it former red star management held over by USF that were put in charge of evaluating past employee performance that might of had an axe to grind ? To this day I believe that holland did what it was told to do by usf corporate hdq