Holland | Did i blow my interview?

who cares.........i just hope everyone learned from what happened with the redstar closing!!! the teamsters don't care about its members just about the money! they're in bed with the companys because they know where they're bread is buttered. when push comes to shove sorry we can't help you. hee hee hee hee got to love it. drink the cool-aid.

usf-indy said:
Was it hollands arrogant attitude toward red star teamsters or was it former red star management held over by USF that were put in charge of evaluating past employee performance that might of had an axe to grind ? To this day I believe that holland did what it was told to do by usf corporate hdq

You are probably right about Holland just doing what it was told by USF Corp.

Former Red Star management doing the hiring of former Red Star Teamsters to work in former Red Star terminals doing former Red Star work with former Red Star equipment

And with a written agreement between Holland & the IBT as to how the rehiring was to be done

Maybe arrogant isn't the right word but when qualified men were denied a job & the only reason given was "you are not Holland material" then if not arrogance then what.

I only brought this up in response to Grizz's comment about Holland not leaving a good man hanging

2631 I understand your reply and I also was trying to point out that a lot of the management put in place was former red star management and not long time holland people that were treating the apps poorly.

2631, I've seen it happen numerous times here locally (ME). Good men get passed over continously for a man that is in good favor with his local, senior or not. Problem is some of you guy's are reaping what you sow. Reguardless of what you call it---Kissin_ _ _ or what in this day your best off keeping a clean record if possible. Your X-RS managers layed the pipe to you all and its time you realize it. GRIZZ

roadrage said:
I have perfect driving record never been arrested and good work history....but i bought and sold real estate for year and half full time sold last one in 2001 the tm wants proof and the only thing i have are some old contracts, is this good enough? I did not report this to the irs so i do not have a 1099 when i sold the homes i cashed the checks and spent the money.Then i forgot to add a couple of contacts on the application and he handed back the application and said "Do you mind completing your application" (made me feel stupid).I do not have haz mats (I do have all other endorsements)so he informed me he can not even continue my application until i get haz mats".Thing is i drove 655 miles for this interview.I did not want to pay the $100.00 for haz mats if they did not want to offer the job.
He said as i was leaving "You get things taken care of and we will see what happens"???
So what i'am asking is there any hope guys?
Thanks
As a former driver for Holland(No Home Time and really sick of the fellow drivers at my barn minding business that they shouldnt),I may chime in on this.Holland is a great company to work for.If you want to be a city driver.The haz-mat portion of the CDL is a must for any LTL carrier.If your'e wanting to be a linehaul driver and like to have a life,Holland is not the answer for you.You won't see your home,family and even the family dog.why make 80 to 100 grand a year if you can't enjoy it?????

Grizz said:
2631, I've seen it happen numerous times here locally (ME). Good men get passed over continously for a man that is in good favor with his local, senior or not. Problem is some of you guy's are reaping what you sow. Reguardless of what you call it---Kissin_ _ _ or what in this day your best off keeping a clean record if possible. Your X-RS managers layed the pipe to you all and its time you realize it. GRIZZ
Let me see if I understand your post correctly. Former Red Star management went over to Holland and changed the hiring policies that had made Holland successful.These same former Red Star management people violated the written agreement that Holland had signed with the IBT to give former Red Star drivers preferencial consideration in rehiring and Holland was either unaware or okay with it.

I don't believe that any former Red Star manager would have the balls to do anything without the prior approval of Holland.

ps the 2 men that were not Holland material didn't have a problem finding another driving job. Unfortunately it was with a non union company

What a holland terminal manager says about an applicant carries a ton of weight when it comes to hiring. I believe the management that was put in at first at the 8 former redstar terminals had a lot to do with who got on and who did not.Our terminal manager at the time said he would welcome any of those that wanted to head west and when I mentioned it to the few I contacted they declined. To this day the former RS men are welcome here and would not have to deal with any former RS management. The first reply I'll get will say why can't we get a position out east instead and again I'll say look at who out there is calling the shots. When one of the indy men first pulled into philly a manager told him the sign might say usf holland but as far as he was concerned it may as well be RS as long as he was in charge. This is all in the past and water under the bridge as life goes on.

dog gonit i gotta say holland could tune down the arragonance.the whole if you want to work for us you got to eat this big pile of ya know. im not say in whos wrong or right but i know alot of dugan boys that still have sore rear ends. some are too dumb to realize it . and some are still cryin about it like me . you got me out of hiding grizz hi ya pal have a safe labor day .:soapbox: :USA:

I can't see the TM in Phily saying that, he is the 2nd biggest ANTI Red Star person I have meet other than the TMs in Allentown and Wilkes Barre.:hysterical: :busted_blue:

thebeerboy said:
dog gonit i gotta say holland could tune down the arragonance.the whole if you want to work for us you got to eat this big pile of ya know. im not say in whos wrong or right but i know alot of dugan boys that still have sore rear ends. some are too dumb to realize it . and some are still cryin about it like me . you got me out of hiding grizz hi ya pal have a safe labor day .:soapbox: :USA:
Good to here from ya Beer boy. Nothing like a little Holland bashing. Whats going on in KC? Seeya Grizzz

Well I don't have enough experience according to some union carriers--- 38 yrs driving and doing local and road-- no accidents etc. -- they don't discriminate but the truth is I'm too old--- 59 -- have a good holiday

Peg leg it seems strange that a union carrier would pass you by. They look for people in your situation so they can bring you in at 75% and know that you will retire soon after you make full wage so the can then replace you with another new hire at the reduced wage again. We have hired a few guys over the last few years that have done just that.

roadrage said:
I have perfect driving record never been arrested and good work history....but i bought and sold real estate for year and half full time sold last one in 2001 the tm wants proof and the only thing i have are some old contracts, is this good enough? I did not report this to the irs so i do not have a 1099 when i sold the homes i cashed the checks and spent the money.Then i forgot to add a couple of contacts on the application and he handed back the application and said "Do you mind completing your application" (made me feel stupid).I do not have haz mats (I do have all other endorsements)so he informed me he can not even continue my application until i get haz mats".Thing is i drove 655 miles for this interview.I did not want to pay the $100.00 for haz mats if they did not want to offer the job.
He said as i was leaving "You get things taken care of and we will see what happens"???
So what i'am asking is there any hope guys?
Thanks
Like Dirtball said Hazmat is a must.
There must be a Holland , ABF ,Yellow or someone closer than 655 miles.

12pack,I currently live in North Mississippi but i'am moving to Ohio this is why i traveled 655 miles.Under normal presumption one would not pay the $120.00-$150.00 to get a hazmat if they can not get a job using it.

roadrage said:
12pack,I currently live in North Mississippi but i'am moving to Ohio this is why i traveled 655 miles.Under normal presumption one would not pay the $120.00-$150.00 to get a hazmat if they can not get a job using it.
I'd like to say one thing if I could here .
Getting the Haz endorsement would open some doors that were not open before !

mike432,If i do not get on with an ltl company I would stay with my current job and sell silk flowers/home decor in the Ohio area off of a 48' tractor trailer. This is why i would not need the extra endorsement.In essence i was trying not to put the wagon before the horse.nonetheless i will be getting the haz-mat.

Roadrage if you live in N Miss, why didn't you apply in Memphis or Decatur Al? We are hiring in ME. Maybe your changing areas, or like driving in the snow--ha,ha--good luck GRIZZ