Holland | Did i blow my interview?

2631 said:
You have me confused . Is this your opinion of Red Star drivers ?

Or is this your opinion of them ?

Blinders...Koolade... Deluded...

Are you so easily confused? or just being obtuse?

I have met many of the former R/S employees who after getting used to the "Holland Way" found we as a company and empoyees are a decent place to work and also a decent bunch of people to work with.
I have met WAY to many though who have the same anger and dislike of BOTH the company and it's people, and even more who talk garbage about it who are not employed by HME but project an attitude that Holland somehow "owes them" something.
Do they?:USA: :redneck::wink1:

GTA said:
Are you so easily confused? or just being obtuse?

I have met many of the former R/S employees who after getting used to the "Holland Way" found we as a company and empoyees are a decent place to work and also a decent bunch of people to work with.
I have met WAY to many though who have the same anger and dislike of BOTH the company and it's people, and even more who talk garbage about it who are not employed by HME but project an attitude that Holland somehow "owes them" something.
Do they?:USA: :redneck::wink1:

In my opinion the only thing that Holland owed the former Red Star Teamsters was what they had agreed to when they negotiated the "preferencial consideration in hiring"

We can go round & round on this issue as much as you guys want. But the facts speak for themselves. In some cases Holland did not live up to the spirit or the terms of the agreement.

Blame it on former Red Star management if you want. But Holland screwed over some of the good Red Star Teamsters who were intitled to a job.

We can go round & round on this issue as much as you guys want. But the facts speak for themselves. In some cases Holland did not live up to the spirit or the terms of the agreement.

Blame it on former Red Star management if you want. But Holland screwed over some of the good Red Star Teamsters who were intitled to a job.[/QUOTE]

I believe that it is in the contract that all teamster members that are on layoff or due to closings have "preferential consideration in hiring". I know that out of the twenty-three drivers at CF only two met Holland standards. I did not think it was right either, but what are you going to do, not take the job because your fellow workers didn’t make the Holland cut.

Stimpy said:

Blame it on former Red Star management if you want. But Holland screwed over some of the good Red Star Teamsters who were intitled to a job.

I believe that it is in the contract that all teamster members that are on layoff or due to closings have "preferential consideration in hiring". I know that out of the twenty-three drivers at CF only two met Holland standards. I did not think it was right either, but what are you going to do, not take the job because your fellow workers didn’t make the Holland cut.
[/QUOTE]
Stimpy the agreement I am refering to is not the NMFA contract.

1 month after USF shut down USF Red Star, USF Holland announced that they were expanding east into USF Red Star's service area.

The IBT could have caused problems for Holland & delayed this expansion . Instead the IBT, in an effort to get as many Red Star men back to work as soon as possible, entered into a WRITTEN AGREEMENT with Holland that set up the " preferencial consideration in rehiring " the Red Star Teamsters.

Part of the agreement was rehiring in Red Star seniority order & at a higher starting rate of 85% etc.

My argument is not about men not making the cut. It is about the men that went through the hiring process & passed the application, background checks, physicals, drug tests etc. These men that were told by Holland that they had passed & were qualified to work at Holland & to report for work on opening day. Only to receive a phone call at home on the friday before the opening & being told not to bother reporting on tuesday because they "were not Holland material"

That is my only argument with Holland. I have never blamed them for USF's closing of Red Star & I don't bad mouth them on the street.

In fact I am friendly with a couple of the Holland Philly drivers that pedal here in central NJ.

But as to GTA's comments on Red Star drivers being the cause of USF shutting us down, I still think that it is a crock of :Cow-Pie:

Stimpy the agreement I am refering to is not the NMFA contract.

Yes I realize that it was a special deal that was made. Just too bad things didn’t work out differently. I have a bunch of friends that are X Red star people, which most of them made it on board. I know one driver in particular that received a royal screwing, before the shut down we were hiring a lot of people, he applied, was told he was to quit the star to apply. We some how he got over looked, and when the star went down, he was not eligible for the special deal. That was BS. Tell a man to quit his job to better himself with vacation and sick days yet to use, then put it to him. On the brighter side for this driver he now is employed at the Big R.

2631 said:
Ask anyone from the Holland terminal in Philly. "Even thought you passed all of the tests & are supposed to start work on monday, don't bother comming in. You are not Holland material"

Thats what the Holland TM told 2 friends of mine. Both were former GOOD Red Star drivers & were supposed to have been given preferencial consideration in being rehired in the Holland expansion.

There were others in Philly that had to go to the NLRB and fight to get their jobs at Holland

Drivers at other expansion terminals had the same problem because Red Star had made an A B C list and Holland used it to deny good workers a job just because someone at Red Star didn't like them.

That was my response to this post by grizz.

Roadrage its obvious you would like this job by the journey you've taken just to apply. I totally disagree with Dirtball about Holland. They haven't maintained their place as one of the premier carrier's by leaving a good man hanging. Dirt has some agendas that might sway his opinion against Holland. Not trying to start anything Dirt, but please stop selling against Holland on it's own forum. Grizz

I agree that Roadrage should try to get a job at Holland if he can. Holland is a good union company.

I don't blame the Holland drivers for defending their company. Its the same as some of us defending Red Star, it too was a good union company. But we had our share of management s o b's. I guess every company has them.

HAZ-MAT is a must. If you want a advantage try getting your Haz-Mat background check done this is the new req.