Yellow | Did Roadway Screw You On A Call Back And Lay You Again Too !!!!!!!

oldyellow

TB Lurker
Credits
I work at 242 Columbus,Ohio. They recalled 5 drivers on 04/27/08 and 4 came back and on 05/03/08 the dispatcher called me at 2200 and Told me I would be laid off when I get in. They laid only 3 drivers off and kept the other 2. They where out of drivers Sunday night and the board was running on rest. It don't make sense a driver making $1250 and get laid off.

?????

Maybe you can answer this one. Last week we put 15 YELLOW drivers on as casuals, and this week it sounds like we will have our first layoff in LINE HAUL. We have been lucky so far and in the last month or 2 we have added 25 casual line drivers and now we may have 8 people laid off and 8 bids canceled. I am sure this makes sense to someone. :chairshot:

Maybe you can answer this one. Last week we put 15 YELLOW drivers on as casuals, and this week it sounds like we will have our first layoff in LINE HAUL. We have been lucky so far and in the last month or 2 we have added 25 casual line drivers and now we may have 8 people laid off and 8 bids canceled. I am sure this makes sense to someone. :chairshot:

Will this mess up their unemployment in CA?

I am just guessing but I would say yes. I have noticed they use everyone they can on weekends. Thnx I didn't even think about that.

241 laid off another 3 this past monday.

the one guy has been laid off 4 or 5 times in 2 years...

he made the error of going city early on after his hire date (road driver originaly) then when he got laid off on the road his first winter he went to city / yard where he got laid off - then came back to city and got laid off again then back to road when no positions were gaining so he lost his road seniority - and laid of AGAIN twice this year...

I feel bad for the guy - he switched positions based on the advice of others in hopes of having steady work...

Columbus laid off 3 drivers out of the 5 called back and the board has been running on rest since the lay off. They could have kept the 3 drivers that they got rid of.

I am not crazy about being laid off but at least they have let me be. I have been bringing home 11 to 12 hundred a week as a OTR driver at a truckload company. I would love to be back at the BigR but if they can't work me like a normal guy then leave me be until they can do so...

I am not crazy about being laid off but at least they have let me be. I have been bringing home 11 to 12 hundred a week as a OTR driver at a truckload company. I would love to be back at the BigR but if they can't work me like a normal guy then leave me be until they can do so...

I agree with you Snortin!