Yellow | did Yellow sell Roadway...???

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
ok, i was at work, and my co-worker who has quite a few contacts was told that UPS bought Roadway from Yellow....

this supposedly happened recently, but just hasn't been announced..

is this just another trucker's fairy-tale, or any truth to it....??

thanks in advance

Ups

ok, i was at work, and my co-worker who has quite a few contacts was told that UPS bought Roadway from Yellow....

this supposedly happened recently, but just hasn't been announced..

is this just another trucker's fairy-tale, or any truth to it....??

thanks in advance

I haven't heard anything to that effect.
But, oh how I whish it were true!!!!!
Given the recent announcements about the merger I would think this is a false rumor.It is in similar fashion to the one under the thread headding "Tell me what you are hearing (PLEASE READ)"

There are allot of folks(Myself incuded) who would like things to be going differently.

UPS buys Roadway Express

In these current economic times anything is possible. It wouldn't surprise me if Yellow sold Roadway to UPS. Maybe UPS bought YRCW.

I do not know about the Roadway deal with UPS but I do know of a working deal with a couple other YRC spins . I am sorta at the mercy to hold my words here now so I just will do that.

i'm thinking that since i heard of this from my co-worker, if Yellow didn't take all the good accounts from Roadway, just like they did to Preston before they sold them off. and IF this is a true fact and NOT a rumor, UPS should still be able to survive the take over of Roadway. in my area, there are Roadway and UPS Freight terminals close to one another. i would also wonder if the not so needed terminals would close and merge in with what UPS Freight has now? With the recent trun of events, UPS taking over the air cargo of DHL, another ground trucking company may give them more area to expand further. i think its also only a matter of time before DHL is out of business as well.

i'm thinking that since i heard of this from my co-worker, if Yellow didn't take all the good accounts from Roadway, just like they did to Preston before they sold them off. and IF this is a true fact and NOT a rumor, UPS should still be able to survive the take over of Roadway. in my area, there are Roadway and UPS Freight terminals close to one another. i would also wonder if the not so needed terminals would close and merge in with what UPS Freight has now? With the recent trun of events, UPS taking over the air cargo of DHL, another ground trucking company may give them more area to expand further. i think its also only a matter of time before DHL is out of business as well.

BINGO!!!
Thats what probably started the rumor.
Its no secret that DHL is giving UPS a work load and its also no secret that DHL is backing out of buisness in this hemisphere. I have no evidence of fact on this one but I believe DHL has a connection to the Deutsh...sp?...bank of Germany so the money trail could be enough to confuse anybody.
I did see a UPS driver just today leaving the medical center with a whole bunch of DHL packages.

I would be shocked if you guys were bought out. UPS has there hands full with us. We don't have enough duct tape to take you on. Something is happening though, I know from a reliable source that UPSF has many new pieces of equipment parked down south, both power units and trailers. Also I heard that we might be in the middle of buying a a regional carrier to fill in the blanks in MT,SD, ND and WY. This would make sense. The other thing that would be something to think about is the Contract(s). I can't imagine Roadway leaving the NMFA. But then again.......stranger things have happened!!!

Don't forget UPS paid $6.8 BILLION to get out of CS pension. Why would they buy another company and have to worry about buying out of it again.

I heard from my neighbor's cousin's daughter's best friend who knows a guy who used to work at Roadway and he said you guys are f'ing idiots who don't have a clue and should just shut the hell up.

Sometimes...........................

When you open your mouth, before thinking.................

Your stupid falls out.................................................:BlahBlah: :stupid: