FedEx Freight | Did you get your...

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
new padlock key yet ? We were given them on Tuesday 6,20,2006 and told not to loose them , put them on your key chain . Note you will be signing for it (you only get one) they have the number of the key and your name also the CCM's and a few other things on the form . At this time the keys are only for full time employs , no part time dock or supplemental associates. It looks like the locks are going to start out west since they do not have locks but we were told don't be surprised to see one soon . The lock company is Abloy and it is a very secure lock here is the site if you want to look at it.
http://www.abloy.com.au/default.asp
Smokestack -:nutkick:

We got ours 2 weeks ago. We were told after filling out the form that if it gets broken the company will replace it but if you lose it you will buy the replacement just like your tractor key. Cost of the new locks is about $27 a piece.

We were told that if you lose it you not only have to pay for a new one but it is a "critical" write up.

Told that dock workers would not have keys and do not let anyone borrow your key. :chairshot:

In DAL they gave us letters telling us that we are to unlock the doors before putting the trailers up to the dock.:tribehasspoken:

West will soo have locks on all their trailers, too.

All doors and gates will be locked with this lock, also.

:moped:

But if you lose it you will buy the replacement just like your tractor key. Cost of the new locks is about $27 a piece.

I payed $ 2.50 for all my keys , where do they get $27.00 for a key .:nutkick:

I thought it said $27 per lock. :cool: :chairshot:

I've not gotten mine yet, and I heard that a supervisor will have to unlock the trailers for the dock workers.

Really about time, the 2200 key has been around since AF days, there are thousands of them out there that don't belong to employees anymore so the locks were more of a visual deterrent than an actual one.

roog

Smokestack said:
I payed $ 2.50 for all my keys , where do they get $27.00 for a key .:nutkick:

Man !
Roog where have you been ?

We were told that we would unlock before we back in
but when they figure out how they want to handle this in
a safe way we all will be told about the new policy in place.

Watching my boy grow up right in front of my eyes! He's 17 months now and I have a little girl on the way, due in November. :-)

In other words, I've been busy... lol

roog

roogie said:
Watching my boy grow up right in front of my eyes! He's 17 months now and I have a little girl on the way, due in November. :-)

In other words, I've been busy... lol

roog

Congrats to ya Roogie:bgroovy: