XPO | Did you sign up for the HSA?

They have been offering the HSA for at least 2 yrs.
As for the vacation who told you there was no carry over.
Human Resources supervisor at our last Mandatory meeting . It sounds like different facilities are having different policies and ben
With Obama Care my neighbor will pay for the tax year 2016 1800 dollars for not buying mandated health care. Her premium each month would have been about 400.00. (4800) yearly. And then she would have to pay the first 5 grand as a deductible before the gov would pay anything. So do I pay 10 grand just to have medical coverage or do I pay a 1800 penalty? And while I think on that answer I read in the paper of the illegal's in this country who walk in to a ER for a sniffle & walk out without having to pay the 3 grand for a emergency sinus visit. That in of itself is why mandated health care is a failure. Call it anything you want, but it is a failure. The Insurance companies are pulling out because 1. the feds decided to not pay to them what they promised & 2. the young people who are in good health decided not to pay because they didn't need it & couldn't afford it. Now we just sit back & watch Trump & company stir the pot & fix it or not. And I voted for them. von.
The benifits are not the same across the board then and this is just what they want is to keep us confused and guessing so we can make mistakes. One company one insurance would leave out all confusion and simplify the process.

Human Resources supervisor at our last Mandatory meeting . It sounds like different facilities are having different policies and ben

The benifits are not the same across the board then and this is just what they want is to keep us confused and guessing so we can make mistakes. One company one insurance would leave out all confusion and simplify the process.
Policy is as they see fit..Policy apply per person . At least in the shop i work at. As i was told by management.We don't have give you anything or do anything you ask for. This is our shop and we can run it anyway we want.. So who am i to argue with people who have a tittle and chip on their shoulder.

Well I would go ask you so-called HR person. I had, and so did many on this board, have a meeting with a video explaining the whole PTO policy. Did you see the video? Yes some things have changed, but we do NOT have a use or lose PTO policy you can still roll over hours to the next year.

I was told that ALL of XPO went to the same benefit plans managed by the same company Cigna the same one Con-way was using. XPO had blue cross and blue shield up till last year and are now on Cigna.

If you did you lost everything in your HRA

We were told that if you switched that this would happen. I am in the fund plan. And will remain in it until something horrible happens or I leave the company because it costs to much to switch.

House payment or rent 800 per month. Health insurance 800 a month for 2 people. Do you sleep under the stars by not paying your mortgage but pay your Obama Care premium? Or do you pay your mortgage and go to the ER without that Obama Care Coverage? Typical out of pocket expense for the insured before the first dime is paid by the feds is about 10 grand per person. Your mortgage is 10 grand a year. Tough question. Live like you have a home. Or live like you are homeless by paying the premium? I wonder if you would be more sick living in a tent in January or a nice warm house? von.

House payment or rent 800 per month. Health insurance 800 a month for 2 people. Do you sleep under the stars by not paying your mortgage but pay your Obama Care premium? Or do you pay your mortgage and go to the ER without that Obama Care Coverage? Typical out of pocket expense for the insured before the first dime is paid by the feds is about 10 grand per person. Your mortgage is 10 grand a year. Tough question. Live like you have a home. Or live like you are homeless by paying the premium? I wonder if you would be more sick living in a tent in January or a nice warm house? von.
800 hundred a month?????? Try 2100 for 2 bedroom apartment. Not including utilities and all other weekly expenses.. I'm a mechanic and my check every week is 615 . So do the math. And there's people that keep saying you have to be smart invest. What should i invest the lint that's left in my pocket's. I've been working for this company for over 11 year's and have gone to the doctors 1 time but i pay medical every week. But i know as i get older medical bill's will be coming more often. How will i pay for them? I have no clue. What will i retire on? I haven't got the foggiest idea.

800 hundred a month?????? Try 2100 for 2 bedroom apartment. Not including utilities and all other weekly expenses.. I'm a mechanic and my check every week is 615 . So do the math. And there's people that keep saying you have to be smart invest. What should i invest the lint that's left in my pocket's. I've been working for this company for over 11 year's and have gone to the doctors 1 time but i pay medical every week. But i know as i get older medical bill's will be coming more often. How will i pay for them? I have no clue. What will i retire on? I haven't got the foggiest idea.

I got lucky. If not for SS disability 100 % I would be paying 1800 a year tax penalty because as I posted, 10 grand a year is a lot more than 1800. Before I retired I had 5 vertebrae fused, an artificial knee, back surgery, a rod put in my foot (work accident) and on & on. I was very lucky to work under a Union CBA. My total cost each week for medical premium was $0.0 for 18 years thanks to a good contract. My total cost out of pocket for all surgeries was around 1400. Yes I was lucky with good medical the last 18 years working. I still wanted to work but was forced out for medical reasons. If not for qualifying for Medicaid I would not be paying any medical premium, I could not afford it. In perspective, the last year I worked (2015) ABF each year paid 35.000.00 per Union employee to Central States Health & Welfare. 20 grand went for retirement. 15 grand went for the Medical premium. Before the first dime in wages were paid. Was I lucky? You bet I was. I hope those in any field of work can obtain that kind of benefits coverage. I would vote a give back just to keep or increase my benefits. The 35 grand a year payment by ABF proves that your benefits can almost be as valuable as you pay. von.

Makes you wonder where all that money goes rigt??? As you can see most dont even know what happening to them, because you've asked this question 3 time's and no one has even touched it. But that's what happens whe you put your future in the hands of Management.
I filled the appeal and they said it could take 60 days and the money goes back to the company. If my appeal is denied I will contact a lawyer about a class action lawsuit and find out how many other employees this happened to.

I filled the appeal and they said it could take 60 days and the money goes back to the company. If my appeal is denied I will contact a lawyer about a class action lawsuit and find out how many other employees this happened to.

So your going to sue the company over money that's not yours? The employer funds and owns the account.

The money was never yours to keep. It was to use. Google HRA and you'll see the rules have been in place for years. Its clearly your fault for not understanding.

The money was never yours to keep. It was to use. Google HRA and you'll see the rules have been in place for years. Its clearly your fault for not understanding.
I know that. I am talking about the choice I made on changing my insurance during open enrollment and not given the cleatity.

I know that. I am talking about the choice I made on changing my insurance during open enrollment and not given the cleatity.
I rather be allowed to go back to the HRA fund but if the company mislead many employees and pocketed thousands if not millions of dollars by not having clearity in their open enrollment forms than yeah!

I rather be allowed to go back to the HRA fund but if the company mislead many employees and pocketed thousands if not millions of dollars by not having clearity in their open enrollment forms than yeah!
So unless you have a piece of paper that no one else got that says the money in you HRA will be transferred to your HSA account you have no case.
I hate to say it but I got the same info everyone else got and I was never mislead

So unless you have a piece of paper that no one else got that says the money in you HRA will be transferred to your HSA account you have no case.
I hate to say it but I got the same info everyone else got and I was never mislead
You are correct. Not a attorney in town that would take this on. Unless you paid your fee up front. Then you really are screwed. von.

So your going to sue the company over money that's not yours? The employer funds and owns the account.
I have the open enrollment packet that I received in the mail and the open enrollment form to fill out and nether specify that you will lose the HRA. I know somewhere it states you would loose it. I will ask you the same question I asked my HR guy. If you knew you would loose 6k by switching, would you? Then I would ask why on the form I read and the one I filled out did not specify forfeiting the money.

Then I would ask why on the form I read and the one I filled out did not specify forfeiting the money.

You can't put your own money into an HRA. You can't take HRA money with you when you leave the company. You do not control when your HRA is used to pay for services. It rolls over, sure, but those three things don't change.

An HSA is a small amount from the company, plus whatever you choose to contribute. It earns interest, which belongs to you. It rolls over. You choose when to spend it and you keep the money if you leave the company.

All of that was in the OE brochure. Looking at that, I don't understand how a reasonable person could assume that any HRA balance would follow them into an HSA. I also don't understand why, if you weren't using your HRA money, why you wouldn't have been in an HSA to begin with. And now you want to go back to an HRA and keep rolling over money that doesn't belong to you?

I'd let it go. I'm no lawyer, but I'm not seeing you being cheated. If you elected an HSA this year with a 5500.00 balance (plus your 500 from the company) you'd have your 6 grand back by the end of the year for about 100 pre-tax dollars a week, earning interest in the name of Somad.

You can't put your own money into an HRA. You can't take HRA money with you when you leave the company. You do not control when your HRA is used to pay for services. It rolls over, sure, but those three things don't change.

An HSA is a small amount from the company, plus whatever you choose to contribute. It earns interest, which belongs to you. It rolls over. You choose when to spend it and you keep the money if you leave the company.

All of that was in the OE brochure. Looking at that, I don't understand how a reasonable person could assume that any HRA balance would follow them into an HSA. I also don't understand why, if you weren't using your HRA money, why you wouldn't have been in an HSA to begin with. And now you want to go back to an HRA and keep rolling over money that doesn't belong to you?

I'd let it go. I'm no lawyer, but I'm not seeing you being cheated. If you elected an HSA this year with a 5500.00 balance (plus your 500 from the company) you'd have your 6 grand back by the end of the year for about 100 pre-tax dollars a week, earning interest in the name of Somad.
I never said anything about my hra following me into the hsa. What I said was I thought the hsa was a replacement for the fsa. You could have a fsa and the hra together and I promise you the oe form I received had nothing about losing the hra by signing up for the hsa.

What I said was I thought the hsa was a replacement for the fsa.

That doesn't make any sense. The FSA isn't a health plan, it's just a savings account- and it doesn't roll over either.

I promise you the oe form I received had nothing about losing the hra by signing up for the hsa.

I know, I've got a copy. But it's probably not in there because there's no logical reason why someone would choose to build up a big balance over many years in an HRA, and the OE material explained why.

That doesn't make any sense. The FSA isn't a health plan, it's just a savings account- and it doesn't roll over either.

I know, I've got a copy. But it's probably not in there because there's no logical reason why someone would choose to build up a big balance over many years in an HRA, and the OE material explained why.
Exactly the hsa is also a savings plan that's why I was excited about being able to put money into it and have it roll over and take it with me if I was no longer with the company. I never put a cent into the fsa for that reason. As far as my hra having so much in it was because I have been fortunately healthy over the years.

Exactly the hsa is also a savings plan that's why I was excited about being able to put money into it and have it roll over and take it with me if I was no longer with the company. I never put a cent into the fsa for that reason. As far as my hra having so much in it was because I have been fortunately healthy over the years.

Bottom line. This is a bad spot to be in. You feel cheated. But a lot of other people knew and understood the information. All you can do is move forward. The net result of paying for a lawyer to have a chance at a similar amount of money is not good for you. Just thank God you have such good health. Health is the only true wealth.