TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

webidiot said:
are you going to be stupid again?
The above quote serves as an example of what happens when you post your opinion here and it doesn't exactly agree with the rank and file.

I will be voting "NO" again if the opportunity arises again.

Jeff. With all due respect, your title is "Administrator". You say "Truckingboards.com is not pro union." Well, tell me why CFer (also an "administrator") says "....and let's show them what being a part of the Teamsters is really about and how they can benefit from joining us." Sounds a little pro union to me.

HEAVY-METAL said:
Jeff. With all due respect, your title is "Administrator". You say "Truckingboards.com is not pro union." Well, tell me why CFer (also an "administrator") says "....and let's show them what being a part of the Teamsters is really about and how they can benefit from joining us." Sounds a little pro union to me.

Heavy-metal, I'll be glad to answer that question for you.
Just because I'm an admin does not mean I can't have an opinion. Just like you, I'm allowed to express my opinion as long as it's done within the forum rules. That does not keep me from being openminded and fair when it comes to union/non-union issues on the boards.

If you had read my entire quote instead of just that one sentence that you quoted me on you would know that I was defending the opinions of the non-union UPSF drivers when I made that post

Here's my entire post, not just the sentence you quoted:

"If you post in this forum and are not an Overnite employee please remember that you are guests in their forum.

Treat the Overnite employees with respect and they will give the same back to you. If they have questions about the union, please give answers without being confrontational.
You will never win their support by coming here and calling them names, treating them lousy and thinking they are not as good as us because they are not union. You'll be suprised how much more receptive they will be to what you have to say if you say if you present it in a civil manner

This is a very important time for Overnite/UPSF employees and information is the key in helping them decide whats gonna be best for them. This is the best place for that information to be shared. Take advantage of that and lets show them what being part of the Teamsters is really about and how they can benefit from joining us

Thanks

CFer"

Also HM, We have a total of 19 mods/supermods and admins here. 10 are non union and 9 are pro union. We've tried very hard to keep both sides even.

This is the only place I can talk about union without people telling my TM. There are alot of rats at overnight becuse that is the only way they know how to protect there job. Sounds like people want to control union chat on the computer. Sounds like some of the people I work with. I wonder if they know who I am if they would tell my TM. The teamsters are not the union the workers are the union. At UPSF we are a disorganized union of workers we can't help each other out. A vote is a powerfull tool to throw that away is throwing away part of the American way. Anybody can start a union. If the members of the teamsters don't like there leaders they can vote them out.

CFer. I did read all of your post. In fact I ALWAYS read yours. I have nothing but respect for you and ALL personal opinions on this site. Please don't take what I said as personal. I was just pointing out a possible hypocrisy or misrepresentation of the forums here. Everyone can take it their own way. Again, I have upmost respect for EVERYONE here. (With a few exceptions). We can always agree to disagree all day long. It doesn't mean I'm throwing personal "bombs" at you, so please don't take it personal.

if your mantra rings true then all we have to do is let upsfreight know that we want wages and benefits equal to ups and they will just see the error of their ways and give us what we want...and all this time I thought we were going to have to fight them all the way for what we want....but at least you can have a beard.

ups is what they are and you don't have one voice and one vote....you have nothing and being an employee at will should send that message loud and clear. do you want to be the example that they will use to get their point across? Because believe me they are drinking the nonunion koolaid and they are reading the conway play book.

From what I here about the Newburgh term :tribehasspoken: is that about 90% want the union now its just trying to figure out what local to go after...These guys are in the driver seat and hold there own cards....CRAZY

HEAVY-METAL said:
Skull; A true "Overnite" employee would know how to spell "OVERNITE" ! !
You are correct a true Overniter would know how to spell the company they work for good catch....:biglaugh:

webidiot said:
if your mantra rings true then all we have to do is let upsfreight know that we want wages and benefits equal to ups and they will just see the error of their ways and give us what we want...and all this time I thought we were going to have to fight them all the way for what we want....but at least you can have a beard.
If you want to make the same wages as a UPS employee then go work for them. You will never see a UPS Freight employee make as much as them. They are two different animals and the profit margins for the two companies are dramatically different. Even the Teamster freight drivers don't make as much. I personally am happy with the current wages and benefit package that we have. It could be a lot worse for sure. There are a lot of companies reeling from the very same wages and benefit packages that we currently enjoy. You have to be very careful not to price yourself out of the market place.

Bomb Throwing?

Johnnybegood said:
You are correct a true Overniter would know how to spell the company they work for good catch....:biglaugh:
DY and HM, grow up!! What you fail to realize is this is an open forum. Calling a fellow employee out on the carpet because of a misspelled word is ridiculous and makes you both look real mature. HM, you talk about bomb throwing? Just because you do not agree with someones opinion doesn't give you the right to make a point that they spelled Overnite wrong. If you are a "All Star Team" driver, walk the talk and show some respect, regardless of opinion. And DY, do you enjoy jumping on someone that makes a mistake too? Pretty sad. Regardless of your nonunion idiology, we all belong to the same company. Last time I looked it wasn't "O" or "MC" on my paycheck. If tomorrow UPSF went union, it would not amount to a hill of beans operationally or financially. Our parent company who has dealt with the Teamsters for 100 years, and always made money, will make this work on the back of it's bread and butter, it's workforce. I along with many others just want our backs protected. Regardless of that outcome, we all have to work together and give a 100% to become the world leader in LTL business. Childlike behavior is not the professional standard that we should aspire for and will lead to internal animosity.

Hugnlug; The only point I was trying to make is he's probably not an OVNT vet. It's not about the wrong spelling of a "word". I get words wrong too from time to time. I'm saying that you ought to know the correct spelling of the company you've worked for. When you're dealing with customers (or law enforcement) you should know how your co's name is spelled. I think I just caught a OVNT imposter. Or want-a-be. Also, I didn't disrespect anyone. I try to be as civil as possible on this board. I don't know anyone here personally. Benefit of the doubt, respect goes both ways.

HEAVY-METAL said:
Hugnlug; The only point I was trying to make is he's probably not an OVNT vet. It's not about the wrong spelling of a "word". I get words wrong too from time to time. I'm saying that you ought to know the correct spelling of the company you've worked for. When you're dealing with customers (or law enforcement) you should know how your co's name is spelled. I think I just caught a OVNT imposter. Or want-a-be. Also, I didn't disrespect anyone. I try to be as civil as possible on this board. I don't know anyone here personally. Benefit of the doubt, respect goes both ways.

Then stop be a hypocrit.

HEAVY-METAL said:

If it not the point your trying to make then what is it really?

You specifically pointed out that he spelled overnight wrong. Overnight is spelled right, looked it up myself.

Is skull dealing with any customers or law enforcment officers here? Maybe he's a dock hand and has no dealings with anyone. Maybe the only logo he's seen is on his check. Maybe the correct spelling doesn't matter to him.
Maybe he's not a vet but a new bee and that makes you nervous. Is the new guys that will deciding your future making you nervous?

Your point is you think you caught an imposter becuase of a miss spelled word. Are you paraniond this board has been infultrated with imposters or wanna-bees?

If you're giving the "benefit of the doubt" you have a strange way of showing it.

Respectfully Yours T251

Does anyone know if the other Overnite trucking company is still operating?
I think their a Truck Load company with no LTL.
I used to see them around,but can't recall seeing them in awhile.
They had a big (OX) and Overnite Express after the letters.
I don't know anything about them other than their name (OVERNITE) spelled the same as our company.
Not something you wouldn't have catch your eye when your company name was spelled the same.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Freedom of speech is a great thing. It allows everyone to proclaim their opinions on just about anything. But sometimes their own words are an indicator of just how little grey matter some human beings have the ability to use.