TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

JBG,
In post #52 you said that you have a "great pension"......now you say you're not sure what it even is? We all work and I can't believe that you haven't spent the time to know what your "great pension" is. Maybe you do have a great pension, but at this point you've pretty much admitted that you're just guessing that it's good. Isn't that correct?
Also, how in the hell can I say whose pension is better if you can't even tell me what yours is? You either don't know or you don't want to say....which is it?

stldude44 said:
JBG,
In post #52 you said that you have a "great pension"......now you say you're not sure what it even is? We all work and I can't believe that you haven't spent the time to know what your "great pension" is. Maybe you do have a great pension, but at this point you've pretty much admitted that you're just guessing that it's good. Isn't that correct?
Also, how in the hell can I say whose pension is better if you can't even tell me what yours is? You either don't know or you don't want to say....which is it?
Your right i must be :smilie_132: "F*CKING STUPID" Because i work....

stldude44 said:
JBG,
I know that as of now the teamsters can't steal from it.

Silverhawk1 said:
The above quote serves as an example of what happens when you post your opinion here and it doesn't exactly agree with the rank and file.

I will be voting "NO" again if the opportunity arises again.

Do as you will, but I would be thinking about my family and what best serves them, we are all just numbers at these co's, they are looking at their bottom line not your or mine.

Some get wrapped up in things, whether it's the union, company, religion, politics, etc. And they feel very strongly about it, when they get frustrated trying to get their point across sometimes they (we) lose control, some mildly others to the extreme.

Don't let someone elses actions determine you and your family's future. Get the info and make a decision you can live with, no matter what that might be.

FM

PS. I used to lose control alot, I think I've gotten better, but hey, I am human after all.

Familyman said:
Do as you will, but I would be thinking about my family and what best serves them, we are all just numbers at these co's, they are looking at their bottom line not your or mine.

Some get wrapped up in things, whether it's the union, company, religion, politics, etc. And they feel very strongly about it, when they get frustrated trying to get their point across sometimes they (we) lose control, some mildly others to the extreme.

Don't let someone elses actions determine you and your family's future. Get the info and make a decision you can live with, no matter what that might be.

FM

PS. I used to lose control alot, I think I've gotten better, but hey, I am human after all.

I notice you post here a lot about how UPSF should look towards the union. What are you doing for FXEX your own company?

Could you have a hidden agenda?

Johnnybegood said:
When did someone put you in charge of deciding who is right or wrong.We can speak about what we want as long as we follow the rules....We don't need outside influences to sway us...:smilie_132:Anyone who truly works for the company would know how to spell the company and you can take that to the bank......
I don't know, sometimes I spell fx freight frieght or something like that, does that mean I don't work there?

FM

Skeeter said:
I notice you post here a lot about how UPSF should look towards the union. What are you doing for FXEX your own company?

Could you have a hidden agenda?
Apparently you read in to it what you want.

I don't think I've said they should look toward the Union, all I've said is get all the info and make your own decision based on what is best for you and yours, if you read that as the Union is the better way to go then that is on you.

We can all be blinded by arrogance, rage, and other things, some will use these things against us to pit one against the other to their betterment. Try and look past all that to what is better for you, again, whether that be APWA, Teamsters or no union at all, like I said before it is your future, your company, and your boards.

I work at FXF, tis true, I'm happy enough here that I have stayed even while having opportunities to go elsewhere. Would I like to make Union scale and have their benefits and pension? Damn straight Skippy. Will it ever happen at FXF? I seriously doubt it, way to many Skeeters here, at least the ones I've talked to.

My agenda? Me Myself and My Family, plain and simple, I give FXF an honest days work and try and give 110%, I even work the dock rather than sit on delay pay. But my Family comes before FXF, sorry if that offends you.
FM

Apparently you read in to it what you want.

I don't think I've said they should look toward the Union, all I've said is get all the info and make your own decision based on what is best for you and yours, if you read that as the Union is the better way to go then that is on you.

We can all be blinded by arrogance, rage, and other things, some will use these things against us to pit one against the other to their betterment. Try and look past all that to what is better for you, again, whether that be APWA, Teamsters or no union at all, like I said before it is your future, your company, and your boards.
Familyman we [the vast majority of UPGF employee's] made the decision to remain NON-Union 4 years ago.
I work at FXF, tis true, I'm happy enough here that I have stayed even while having opportunities to go elsewhere. Would I like to make Union scale and have their benefits and pension? Damn straight Skippy. Will it ever happen at FXF? I seriously doubt it, way to many Skeeters here, at least the ones I've talked to.
I am glad to here that you are happy with FXF. FedEx Freight is a great company. In my opinion we ALL have the opportunity to go to any other company we choose to. I believe that if you are not happy with your current employer or what you are currently doing. then it is time for a change in one or both. Being unhappy only makes life tougher then it needs to be.

I also would like to make more. Who wouldn't. But more isn't always the answer. We are making very close to the union scale right now. I have no complaints with that. Our insurance benefits are very good as well. although they are not completely company paid. There are a lot of people that think that a company has a "DUTY to pay for these benefits totally. I disagree totally with those whom think that they should have free healthcare.
Will it ever happen at FXF? I seriously doubt it, way to many Skeeters here, at least the ones I've talked to.
Thank God for people like Skeeter!
My agenda? Me Myself and My Family, plain and simple, I give FXF an honest days work and try and give 110%, I even work the dock rather than sit on delay pay. But my Family comes before FXF, sorry if that offends you.
FM
We are on the very same page here. Keep up the good work and all the best to you and your family.

JBG I drive for UPSF. I know some of the people on this site I work with. Don't call me a lier. Have you talked about people behind there back to your TM? Would you tell my TM who I am becuse I want a union? When we have a union there are union rules about about putting down fellow workers enjoy while you can. PS 251 I worked for Walsh National retail years ago.

I'm new here on this board but my original question really never got an answer you guys spun off all over the place.What I meant was we here at OVNT/UPGF already have had the union come, and we all or should I say the majority voted to stay nonunion.My question is to anyone who will answer it is,What makes you think we will vote in the union in this time just because UPS now owns us?I don't think it would be a good use of organizing funds.WE are'nt as miserable as you pro teamsters say we are.I truly believe we will remain nonunion like it or not.If that makes me "stupid" then its my right...

Thousand Dollar man said:
I'm new here on this board but my original question really never got an answer you guys spun off all over the place.What I meant was we here at OVNT/UPGF already have had the union come, and we all or should I say the majority voted to stay nonunion.My question is to anyone who will answer it is,What makes you think we will vote in the union in this time just because UPS now owns us?I don't think it would be a good use of organizing funds.WE are'nt as miserable as you pro teamsters say we are.I truly believe we will remain nonunion like it or not.If that makes me "stupid" then its my right...
Thanks for your concern about the organizing funds. Time will tell what happens. It's not your old O anymore. The changes haven't even begun yet. It'll be some time until they transform things, operationally speaking, to the UPS style. Your opinion and the opinions of those you speak of just might change once you see how they are....maybe not.

Thousand Dollar man _ What makes us think that the union might be voted in? Well maybe the fact that a lot of men did vote for a union in the past only to have their ranks thinned out and then decertified , owernership has been changed and maybe the men that are showing up at union hall meetings all over the big "O" system have a right to be heard. I believe these are three pretty good reasons. I have tried to sit back at a distance from this discussion and observe but if I'm asked for infomation or assistance on this subject than it will be made readily available. I would think neither side has anything to worry about . Just have an election if so needed and let the parties involved decide. There is nothing wrong in being infomed of the facts.

you may be right that in time UPS may sour our nonunion hearts and also I agree neither side has anything to worry about.All I can say as an insider here now would not be a good time to even approach the average ovnt guy with any union info ,unless he already is in favor .things have been good here.not perfect but good enough to keep the masses happy.

Thousand Dollar Man,
You've grasped what we've been saying here all along. Alot of us from the Teamster side have heard for many, many years about the mighty Brown and the way they operate. They'll set goals, realistic or not, and workers will not only be expected to meet these goals, but exceed them. Then they'll raise the bar again and again. How that's all going to be converted into the LTL side isn't fully known, but you can all bet that things are going to change forever and most aspects of a relaxing job will be removed, if UPS stays true to it's past history.

Thousand Dollar man said:
you may be right that in time UPS may sour our nonunion hearts and also I agree neither side has anything to worry about.All I can say as an insider here now would not be a good time to even approach the average ovnt guy with any union info ,unless he already is in favor .things have been good here.not perfect but good enough to keep the masses happy.

I think the answer is your last two post.
You use terms like, "aren't that miserable", "good here, but not perfect", "good enough to keep the masses happy".

Is good enough for you, good enough for those that want better, or want a voice?

Why would now "not" be a good time to approach O'nite guys/gals?

Seems to me I answered your question im my post #3
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showpost.php?p=16569&postcount=3

If I didn't give you the answer you wanted, I'm sorry.
Go back and read, don't just look at it. Put your self in the shoes of those that didn't get the fair treatment, good faith bargining or those imtimadated by Leo's thuggs.

Now is the time, maybe in your eyes it will be unfortunate for you, but it will be fortunate for others.

The law provides protection and guidelines in this exact scenario. It wasn't obied or adhered to during the Onite reign.

T251

usf-indy said:
On the other hand what about the barns that voted the union in and then big O wouldn't negotiate in good faith. Don't these men have a right to be heard ???
Yes we do and I still will vote YES!!:bgroovy:

Johnnybegood said:
I'm sorry i dont have all the answers for everything i work you know and do not have the time to look all these things up....You tell me the answers if you think yours is better......
Well at least you know how to spell overnight - FYI - If overnite is organized, for every year I have at overnite I get an additional 6 mos. (50%) - of teamster pension. So 10 yrs. of overnite pension would now be 15 yrs. pension. Also, there is no initiation fee. Once 51% sign on the benefits start right away.

Jeff said:
Skeeter, you can ignore a poster in your control panel.

The company is owned by a Union company and people have the right to discuss it in this forum if they choose too,

Truckingboards.com is Not pro union or anti union.
we are pro LTL Drivers.

Also , do not advertise a competing forum on Truckingboards dime, if you want to be famous, do like I have done for the past 6 years and spend hours in front of the computer screen.

If the goings on here is bothering you just step away from it for a while.

Jeff

I was just kidding...:duh:
Can you tell me why Skeeter won't work anymore when I try to log on???