TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

DannyOvnt said:
I was just kidding...:duh:
Can you tell me why Skeeter won't work anymore when I try to log on???

check your PMS under the username Skeeter

Silverhawk1 said:
Familyman we [the vast majority of UPGF employee's] made the decision to remain NON-Union 4 years ago.
Silverhawk1 said:
That was when we were OVNT. This is now. Different company and a different owner. A much more demanding one too boot!!

I also would like to make more. Who wouldn't. But more isn't always the answer.
Now you're talking nonsense. Everything is going up in cost. Bread, gas tuitions etc.!! Why are you so content on settling for less? They will work the daylights out of all of us. Which brings up representation. I don't know about you, but I worked for Brown years ago. You are in for a rude awakening if you think that UPSF is going to run as OVNT did.

We are making very close to the union scale right now. I have no complaints with that.
A lot of us do have a problem with that. If they want us to dress and perform as UPSers, then pay us at least NMFA. Never mind the other issues such as O.T., sickdays and the rest that was not addressed.

Our insurance benefits are very good as well. although they are not completely company paid.
Have you sat down and talked with anybody about the health care package lately? Believe me they could have done better in this department too.

The bottom line here is don't become too distracted with the smoke and mirrors show. We went from a good ole boy hayseed greed driven trucking company to the largest elite transportation company in the world. You are now employed by the Brown machine, who has had a financially profitable relationship with the teamsters for nearly 100 years. Don't be sucked into Leo Thugs style of more for him, less for you. Remember "over time" in the vision? The clock ticks in his favor. The longer he can hold us nonunion, the larger his bonus!! Do you think he cares what he'll take in as a bonus?

skull said:
Good points hugnlug. Leo Thugs LOL . Just waiting for washington to start the push.
New England, New York and New Jersey are ready now. I don't see too many nay sayers north of the mason/dixon line. Or west of the Mississippi either.

Let's not forget MC is in the mix also. Enough with the vision. What happen to "action speaks louder then words."

Boats said:
Let's not forget MC is in the mix also. Enough with the vision. What happen to "action speaks louder then words."
They dislike Leo out in that neck of the woods. With Leo in there, he is in a round about way helping out with our vision. :biglaugh:

hugnlug said:
Silverhawk1 said:
Familyman we [the vast majority of UPGF employee's] made the decision to remain NON-Union 4 years ago.
Silverhawk1 said:
That was when we were OVNT. This is now. Different company and a different owner. A much more demanding one too boot!!

Now you're talking nonsense. Everything is going up in cost. Bread, gas tuitions etc.!! Why are you so content on settling for less? They will work the daylights out of all of us. Which brings up representation. I don't know about you, but I worked for Brown years ago. You are in for a rude awakening if you think that UPSF is going to run as OVNT did.

We are making very close to the union scale right now. I have no complaints with that.
A lot of us do have a problem with that. If they want us to dress and perform as UPSers, then pay us at least NMFA. Never mind the other issues such as O.T., sickdays and the rest that was not addressed.

Our insurance benefits are very good as well. although they are not completely company paid.
Have you sat down and talked with anybody about the health care package lately? Believe me they could have done better in this department too.

The bottom line here is don't become too distracted with the smoke and mirrors show. We went from a good ole boy hayseed greed driven trucking company to the largest elite transportation company in the world. You are now employed by the Brown machine, who has had a financially profitable relationship with the teamsters for nearly 100 years. Don't be sucked into Leo Thugs style of more for him, less for you. Remember "over time" in the vision? The clock ticks in his favor. The longer he can hold us nonunion, the larger his bonus!! Do you think he cares what he'll take in as a bonus?
Don't believe that crap on the dvd you got in the mail..I busted mine up and my wife stomped on it..
We are no were close to the teamsters bennies..we are not making what the teamsters are making ..ask to see a teamsters paycheck and talk to him about all his bennies..JUST SIGN THE CARD:duh:

Hey CFer bring me up to speed,i've been out of the union awhile.

Just the title says it all.
International Brotherhood of the Teamsters.
Am I right but when your a member of the Teamsters Union your a member first,and an employee second regardless of who signs your paycheck.
You pay dues to a governing body of the union,to represent you in grevences,or unfair work practises against you,by your company.
Everything is by senority.
Start times,and extra work.

All your pay rates,and benefits are negotiated by union negotiators.
If theres an inpass in barganing,the governing body of the union may advise to strike your company to lean on them to get them with the program.
When all the details are worked out.
A vote is taken by the represented employees to except,or reject the contract.
I've been out of the loop for sometime,am I right ot wrong?

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Apostolic said:
Am I right but when your a member of the Teamsters Union your a member first,and an employee second regardless of who signs your paycheck.
You pay dues to a governing body of the union,to represent you in grevences,or unfair work practises against you,by your company.

If theres an inpass in barganing,the governing body of the union may advise to strike your company to lean on them to get them with the program.

Apostolic,

you basically have the bases covered. However, I don't thinkwe will be seeing anymore strikes in our lifetime. Strikes hurt the union and the employers just as hard. However, there are other tactics, short of a job action, that get the message across just as well. I was on 2 jobs that the union used the same tactic for getting it's point across. In both situations, the tactic was used for one day at each job. They got the message.

hugnlug said:
Silverhawk1 said:
Silverhawk1 said:

Hugnlug
You are correct we are a different company now. But we are the same people working for this different company so lets cut to the chase. LETS vote and we will just see were we the employees of UPGF stand. I will proudly except any outcome and I will be expecting the same from you.

"You are talking nonsense" hmm that is your opinion and I will except it. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Yes you are correct, everything has gone up. Question for you? Did you not get a 50 cent per hour pay raise in January?

Insurance benefits; I don't need to sit down with anyone except maybe my wife to make insurance decisions. The new insurance is the same in a lot of ways and a lot better in other ways. Oh that's right.... you expected it to be "FREE"

Smoke and mirrors/Leo Suggs; I could care less about Leo Suggs and his bonus's and as for the so called smoke and mirrors. I am not some robot that cant think or make decisions for myself.

Only the top rate got the raise. Then they cut hours and hired part timers got rid of bed and bath. Cut cut cut. Union Union Union.Have a nice day. I know the union is going WIN WIN WIN.

Animo916 said:
Apostolic,

you basically have the bases covered. However, I don't thinkwe will be seeing anymore strikes in our lifetime. Strikes hurt the union and the employers just as hard. However, there are other tactics, short of a job action, that get the message across just as well. I was on 2 jobs that the union used the same tactic for getting it's point across. In both situations, the tactic was used for one day at each job. They got the message.

I guess you did not work for USF Red Star when their one day message shut down the entire company.

Friend of the frog said:
I guess you did not work for USF Red Star when their one day message shut down the entire company.
FOTF,

If you read my post you would see that I don't expect any more strike or strike like job actions in the future. Red Star is a prime example of why striking is no longer feasable. However Red Star was unique in that USF was looking for a reason to shut Red Star and the strike and union became the scapegoat. And once again, it was not the union's decision to shut down the entire company but corporate management. When told to return to work Monday, the employees were all willing to return, and were shut out by corporate.

Apostolic said:

Apostolic, You've pretty much summed up the process. It's more involved than you mention but you have covered the basics fairly well.

As Animo mentioned, I honestly believe that strikes are a thing of the past also. Both sides realize that the stakes are extremely high in a strike and want to avoid one at all costs. NMFA negotiations are started earlier and earlier to make sure agreements are reached well in advance of the current contract expiring

I am refraining from any further union/non union discussions. These are very sensitive times for some and I just do not take these things very seriously any more.

Some of my comments that have been made in sport have been taken hard by others, others that I like and respect, so I will refrain from this discussion any further.

No harm intended. Peace to all. Good luck.

just-me said:
hugnlug said:
Don't believe that crap on the dvd you got in the mail..I busted mine up and my wife stomped on it..
We are no were close to the teamsters bennies..we are not making what the teamsters are making ..ask to see a teamsters paycheck and talk to him about all his bennies..JUST SIGN THE CARD:duh:
Yeah your right! all of the blood on the mans face was just painted on him and the bullet hole in the window was self inflicted. and that gaping hole in his face.... well a brick didn't really try to go through his head. And oh yeah the intimidating teamster telling you he was going to hurt you and he knew ware you lived... he just wanted to come over to your house for dinner and play some cards...... and maybe sign one of his cards while he was there...

Silverhawk1 said:
just-me said:
Yeah your right! all of the blood on the mans face was just painted on him and the bullet hole in the window was self inflicted. and that gaping hole in his face.... well a brick didn't really try to go through his head. And oh yeah the intimidating teamster telling you he was going to hurt you and he knew ware you lived... he just wanted to come over to your house for dinner and play some cards...... and maybe sign one of his cards while he was there...
First, let's get something straight here. If you are going to quote someone here, make sure before you submit it that you check to see if you have the right user with the quote. If you go back to that thread, you will notice that just-me, was the one that posted that comment and not me.

I guess the big O pissed off the teamsters. All the years of moving " union freight " they see nonunion drivers getting jobs and union carriers going out of business. I hope you realize that when the borders are open Mexican drivers will be getting or jobs. Are you going to fight for for your job if this starts to happen? I was already told Mexicans were driving trucks with farm eq. plates and they don't need a license.
The goverment don't like unions.