TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

hugnlug said:
Silverhawk1 said:
First, let's get something straight here. If you are going to quote someone here, make sure before you submit it that you check to see if you have the right user with the quote. If you go back to that thread, you will notice that just-me, was the one that posted that comment and not me.
I sincerely apologize hugnlug. I offer no excuses for my miss quote and will pay closer attention next time.

the vote will be yes and the union will prevail..a no vote is a vote against your family and yourself don't you owe it to both of you...you deserve the most for what you do...it is dangerous and a very specialized trade or any manager could get in the truck and drive triples all night in the snow.

webidiot said:
the vote will be yes and the union will prevail..a no vote is a vote against your family and yourself don't you owe it to both of you...you deserve the most for what you do...it is dangerous and a very specialized trade or any manager could get in the truck and drive triples all night in the snow.

I agree we should be paid a lot more for the job we do. Union or Nonunion.

Boats said:
If we got paid for all the free time we spent. WOW we be making some serious money.
That's the idea . If your at work ,OR doing ANYTHING to do with the truck.
If you're waiting for a load at the terminal,
dropping and hooking trailers ,fueling ,waiting on a meet at a relay point,ANYTHING.
You should get paid .Unless say you have to wait for a relay ,you take a lunch break .Then maybe not .I think you get the point though

I received the video today. I did bring back a lot of bad memories of the last teamster battle we had. He also made some pretty good points. I like being in the fully funded nonunion pension of UPS.

I believe the vision is still in progress and will get better and better as we grow and prove ourselves.

I still say its much to early we need to let UPS completely take the reins. There is no big hurry. Why would the teamsters be in such a big hurry to unionize us. Think about it...

Skeeter said:
I received the video today. I did bring back a lot of bad memories of the last teamster battle we had. He also made some pretty good points. I like being in the fully funded nonunion pension of UPS.

I believe the vision is still in progress and will get better and better as we grow and prove ourselves.

I still say its much to early we need to let UPS completely take the reins. There is no big hurry. Why would the teamsters be in such a big hurry to unionize us. Think about it...
Skeeter I agree. over time we will "EARN" our way to better wages and benefits. Nothing is "FREE" we have to "EARN" it.

Skeeter you need to read the proposal ups has in front of congress.They want to use your pension for future needs of the company,with the projection that they would pay it backin time.last week they had a meeting with congress on pension reform watch out ups is pushing it.

Why would they need pension fund money when their raking in over 3 billion dollars a quarter.

Something fishy here?

How much does uniforms,and paint cost these days ?

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Mike432 said:
That's the idea . If your at work ,OR doing ANYTHING to do with the truck.
If you're waiting for a load at the terminal,
dropping and hooking trailers ,fueling ,waiting on a meet at a relay point,ANYTHING.
You should get paid .Unless say you have to wait for a relay ,you take a lunch break .Then maybe not .I think you get the point though
Mike 432 10-4. I was being sarcastic!

upsguy1970 said:
Ask the guys at enron and worldcom how it worked out for them letting the companies control their pension fund.

If I'm not mistaken Enron folks lost everything because their pension was all in Enron stock. Not a company pension plan like ours.

Silverhawk1 said:
just-me said:
Yeah your right! all of the blood on the mans face was just painted on him and the bullet hole in the window was self inflicted. and that gaping hole in his face.... well a brick didn't really try to go through his head. And oh yeah the intimidating teamster telling you he was going to hurt you and he knew ware you lived... he just wanted to come over to your house for dinner and play some cards...... and maybe sign one of his cards while he was there...
Yeah did you see he was a overnite employee.