Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by Thousand Dollar man, May 13, 2006.

1. Greezy Trucker

Greezy Trucker Active Member

Don't tell anyone ..... BUT I AM AN IMPOSTER!!!!! I am a Motor Cargo driver stuck in a UPS freight suit working for the screwy world of OvEr NiGhT!!!! And loving every screwed up moment.

2. Greezy Trucker

You preach the truth. Fear and lack of knowledge runs rampant.... Along with who can I get out ahead of or screw today.....ITS DISGUSTING!!!!!!

3. Greezy Trucker

Familyman we [the vast majority of UPGF employee's] made the decision to remain NON-Union 4 years ago.

Silverhawk you are a little wrong about this. Motor Cargo drivers didn't vote on a thing!!!! And it is getting real old hearing that Onite did this and that. This is not only effecting Onite people......

4. Greezy Trucker

Thank You.....We are people and we do count and we are pissed for the most part....

5. Greezy Trucker

6. Greezy Trucker

Weel now.....don't I look like an idiot all these posts you all have to go thru....sorry....

7. Teamster251

Teamster251 Member

GT clear you message box, I can't reply to your PM

8. Valerie

Valerie Member

Gopher, Do you have any other information on the proposal?

9. Greezy Trucker

10-4!!!!!!!

10. local61man

local61man Member

anybody that would be a redsox fan i dont know about,man theres no excuse for taste that bad.......

11. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

CFer, If that is true what you say. That strikes are a thing of the past. Both side realize that the stakes are to high.

Then who is the loser here? It is the teamsters. Because the strike is what gives the union the power and you know that.

If the company believes they will not push the button {STRIKE} then they can hold out without fear. Or will get a smaller increase in wages. All the teamsters power over a company is the strike threat.

12. stldude44

stldude44 Active Member

Not exactly Skeet. What happens is that the Companies won't ask for anything so outrageous that we'd be likely to strike. The threat is always there....the thing is that Union Companies don't want to push it to that limit nowdays....so actually, we gain by it.

13. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

I don't agree but that is what this board is all about right. To express our views.

14. imported_skull

imported_skull Member

I wish strikes were a thing of the past but I don't think so. How long was UPS on strikes last time? What do they have to loose compared to last time? I got a bad feeling about UPS I never had before. The way UPS was so quiet and then I got the dvd in the mail. I think they have the time and money to fight. I don't think they care if we fight. They will lock us out.

15. stldude44

stldude44 Active Member

You can choose to see it how you want to. I don't expect you to agree. The thing is that both meet somewhere in the middle, like always. Nowdays Skeet, with the willingness of the masses to work for less, the Teamsters and it's members don't expect giant raises or huge gains in working conditions. We know it's a tough world in the LTL game. On the other hand, Mgmt. doesn't want to rock the boat too much in an effort to keep the peace and not back us into a corner where we might have to strike. The last Contract was settled the day after the national strike vote was taken. I don't see how the fact that neither side wants a strike hurts either side all that much, especially the Labor side.

16. Teamster251

Teamster251 Member

Skull is that the latest management spin?

UPS just spent 1.25 BILLION, that's with a "B", on Overnite.
    I know UPS has a ton of money and they love to spend it, but keep this in mind, they didn't get all this money by throwing it away.
    Locking out Overnite would shut them down, plain and simple. Remember when your locked out NO ONE works
    If you heard this from a manager it's only another scare tactic.

T251

17. imported_skull

imported_skull Member

T251 maybe lock out is the wrong word but I don't think UPS is going to make it easy for us. Management is not saying anything. UPS has not given us anything. They said we have to earn it. They want to expand so I guess my earned time and a after 8 comes some other lifetime. I'ts just like overnite they can say and do any thing they want.

18. Greezy Trucker

But look who signed the bottom. The good OL' fearless leader of Onite!!!!

19. johnny big rig

johnny big rig Member

I am with the thousand dollar man,But mr. web idiot back in 1998 they had their chance and it was their choice to come out and say their mission had changed from an organizing campaign to wanting to put OVERNITE out of business.When they said that it became personal and those of us did what we had to do to save our company and our jobs!!!!!
    So yes I will go where I'm needed and I will vote No again

20. Thousand Dollar man

Thousand Dollar man Member

Good post Johnny Big Rig I noticed that no one is touching this because it says it all!!! :nutkick: