TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

skull said:
I apoligize for those scholars who were offended by my oversight in not spelling "Overnite" correctly on this site. In the future, I will do my best to be a better speller so I can avoid future abuse and be like you good spelling truck drivers. If I were to disclose where I work, would you report me to my TM?

Don't tell anyone ..... BUT I AM AN IMPOSTER!!!!! I am a Motor Cargo driver stuck in a UPS freight suit working for the screwy world of OvEr NiGhT!!!! And loving every screwed up moment.

skull said:
T251 see how quick my fellow workers are to jump on my back. Try working with these "people". They are only for themself. I talk about the union and they can't belive I drive for UPSGF. They must think there way is the only way. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT UPSGF THAT WANT A UNION AND ARE GOING TO GET IT. I know if there is a vote at my terminal who will win.

You preach the truth. Fear and lack of knowledge runs rampant.... Along with who can I get out ahead of or screw today.....ITS DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Familyman we [the vast majority of UPGF employee's] made the decision to remain NON-Union 4 years ago.

Silverhawk you are a little wrong about this. Motor Cargo drivers didn't vote on a thing!!!! And it is getting real old hearing that Onite did this and that. This is not only effecting Onite people......

Boats said:
Let's not forget MC is in the mix also. Enough with the vision. What happen to "action speaks louder then words."

Thank You.....We are people and we do count and we are pissed for the most part....

just-me said:
hugnlug said:
Don't believe that crap on the dvd you got in the mail..I busted mine up and my wife stomped on it..
We are no were close to the teamsters bennies..we are not making what the teamsters are making ..ask to see a teamsters paycheck and talk to him about all his bennies..JUST SIGN THE CARD:duh:

Why not just return to sender????

gopher said:
Skeeter you need to read the proposal ups has in front of congress.They want to use your pension for future needs of the company,with the projection that they would pay it backin time.last week they had a meeting with congress on pension reform watch out ups is pushing it.

Gopher, Do you have any other information on the proposal?

CFer said:
Apostolic, You've pretty much summed up the process. It's more involved than you mention but you have covered the basics fairly well.

As Animo mentioned, I honestly believe that strikes are a thing of the past also. Both sides realize that the stakes are extremely high in a strike and want to avoid one at all costs. NMFA negotiations are started earlier and earlier to make sure agreements are reached well in advance of the current contract expiring

CFer, If that is true what you say. That strikes are a thing of the past. Both side realize that the stakes are to high.

Then who is the loser here? It is the teamsters. Because the strike is what gives the union the power and you know that.

If the company believes they will not push the button {STRIKE} then they can hold out without fear. Or will get a smaller increase in wages. All the teamsters power over a company is the strike threat.

Skeeter said:
CFer, If that is true what you say. That strikes are a thing of the past. Both side realize that the stakes are to high.

Then who is the loser here? It is the teamsters. Because the strike is what gives the union the power and you know that.

If the company believes they will not push the button {STRIKE} then they can hold out without fear. Or will get a smaller increase in wages. All the teamsters power over a company is the strike threat.
Not exactly Skeet. What happens is that the Companies won't ask for anything so outrageous that we'd be likely to strike. The threat is always there....the thing is that Union Companies don't want to push it to that limit nowdays....so actually, we gain by it.

stldude44 said:
Not exactly Skeet. What happens is that the Companies won't ask for anything so outrageous that we'd be likely to strike. The threat is always there....the thing is that Union Companies don't want to push it to that limit nowdays....so actually, we gain by it.

I don't agree but that is what this board is all about right. To express our views.

I wish strikes were a thing of the past but I don't think so. How long was UPS on strikes last time? What do they have to loose compared to last time? I got a bad feeling about UPS I never had before. The way UPS was so quiet and then I got the dvd in the mail. I think they have the time and money to fight. I don't think they care if we fight. They will lock us out.

Skeeter said:
I don't agree but that is what this board is all about right. To express our views.
You can choose to see it how you want to. I don't expect you to agree. The thing is that both meet somewhere in the middle, like always. Nowdays Skeet, with the willingness of the masses to work for less, the Teamsters and it's members don't expect giant raises or huge gains in working conditions. We know it's a tough world in the LTL game. On the other hand, Mgmt. doesn't want to rock the boat too much in an effort to keep the peace and not back us into a corner where we might have to strike. The last Contract was settled the day after the national strike vote was taken. I don't see how the fact that neither side wants a strike hurts either side all that much, especially the Labor side.

skull said:
I wish strikes were a thing of the past but I don't think so. How long was UPS on strikes last time? What do they have to loose compared to last time? I got a bad feeling about UPS I never had before. The way UPS was so quiet and then I got the dvd in the mail. I think they have the time and money to fight. I don't think they care if we fight. They will lock us out.

Skull is that the latest management spin?

UPS just spent 1.25 BILLION, that's with a "B", on Overnite.
I know UPS has a ton of money and they love to spend it, but keep this in mind, they didn't get all this money by throwing it away.
Locking out Overnite would shut them down, plain and simple. Remember when your locked out NO ONE works
If you heard this from a manager it's only another scare tactic.

T251

T251 maybe lock out is the wrong word but I don't think UPS is going to make it easy for us. Management is not saying anything. UPS has not given us anything. They said we have to earn it. They want to expand so I guess my earned time and a after 8 comes some other lifetime. I'ts just like overnite they can say and do any thing they want.

skull said:

But look who signed the bottom. The good OL' fearless leader of Onite!!!!

I am with the thousand dollar man,But mr. web idiot back in 1998 they had their chance and it was their choice to come out and say their mission had changed from an organizing campaign to wanting to put OVERNITE out of business.When they said that it became personal and those of us did what we had to do to save our company and our jobs!!!!!
So yes I will go where I'm needed and I will vote No again