TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

Johnny Big Rig said:
I am with the thousand dollar man,But mr. web idiot back in 1998 they had their chance and it was their choice to come out and say their mission had changed from an organizing campaign to wanting to put OVERNITE out of business.When they said that it became personal and those of us did what we had to do to save our company and our jobs!!!!!
So yes I will go where I'm needed and I will vote No again
As I have mentioned before, I was never fond of the "Shut Overnite Down" slogan, and it was a poor choice of wording. I do however, doubt that it was intended to close the company, as that would be counter productive to growing membership.

Not only did we have the chance in 98, but we also had a good number of terminals signed on to be Teamsters. Unfortunately, Leo's unfair (and probably illegal) bargaining and scare tactics, enabled a decertification vote not too much later on. As somone that personally walked on the lines with Overniters, I saw how management and line crossers personally degraded and broke down the fortitude of their own coworkers, that were willing to go the distance for better conditions and treatment on the job.

If things were so good since the decert vote, then why have some Overnite workers still been in constant contact with the union? This was also before the UPS acquisition. Now that UPS owns you and has rebranded you as their own, why is it that the question of union representation has been brought up again by your very own coworkers? Could it be that all is not well in UPSFland?

Thousand Dollar man said:
Good post Johnny Big Rig I noticed that no one is touching this because it says it all!!!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner Thousand Dollar man, but with the extended weekend, I was spending all this time working on my boat. As for the previous post, it doesn't really say it all.....all it says is more of the same old one sided misinformation that we hear from people that are dead set against representaion. So since it says more of the same, then I guess a NO vote is a vote for more of the same.

Scull:
There are alot of rats at overnight becuse that is the only way they know how to protect there job.

Same here where I work.It get's really sickening sometimes,but not all of them only a handfull.

Johnnybegood:
We have a great pension now with lots of years vested.Why put all that in jeopardy?

How does he know? Because Leo Suggs keeps telling him so. And IN TIME it will be better. No offense just tired of the "VISION".

Skull:
Well at least you know how to spell overnight - FYI - If overnite is organized, for every year I have at overnite I get an additional 6 mos. (50%) - of teamster pension. So 10 yrs. of overnite pension would now be 15 yrs. pension. Also, there is no initiation fee. Once 51% sign on the benefits start right away.

Skull do you have any way to back up this information? Alot of the oldtimers are worried about there pensions,because they want to retire soon and don't want to lose it.They want to see it in writing.I don't think it's a matter of them caring about the future of UPGF being nonunion they want to retire and is that fair for the rest of us? I am voting yes when the card comes my way.

I agree with Amino916 it was a poor choice of words but I think what it really meant was to get All the O drivers on the same page ...If you shut them down in the beginning,the strike wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.The outcome would have been entirely different.At least the Ibt has learned from their mistakes,something your CEO hasn't{dvd:chairshot: ]Read the reply from the CEO from UPS If you want or do not want the union he will respect your decision..Remember one thing.2007 the 100th anniversary of UPS they do not want ANY labor problems to put a blemish on their party:smilie_132: You guys are in the driver seat and hold all the cards....CRAZY

Good post Johnny Big Rig I noticed that no one is touching this because it says it all!!! :nutkick:
Yes, this was a personal attack from hoffa. (we will put Overnite out of buisness) But at the same time Overnite was just as bad with the propaganda. This is a new company and since we all love it so much lets help UPS gain a record breaking profit and lets ask for a pay cut and less sick time and more delay time. Because we are not worthy of what most drivers are getting.

crazy said:
I agree with Amino916 it was a poor choice of words but I think what it really meant was to get All the O drivers on the same page ...If you shut them down in the beginning,the strike wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.The outcome would have been entirely different.At least the Ibt has learned from their mistakes,something your CEO hasn't{dvd:chairshot: ]Read the reply from the CEO from UPS If you want or do not want the union he will respect your decision..Remember one thing.2007 the 100th anniversary of UPS they do not want ANY labor problems to put a blemish on their party:smilie_132: You guys are in the driver seat and hold all the cards....CRAZY
Note the reply is on teamster letterhead with no signature makes me wonder how authentic this reply might be.Also from what I can find out Its still leo in charge at upsf :cool:

Note the reply is on teamster letterhead with no signature makes me wonder how authentic this reply might be.Also from what I can find out Its still leo in charge at upsf :cool:

DAMN THE LUCK!!!! Cockroaches are an amazing creature!

The Letter

I'm kind of a new guy here, but I'd like to address a few things and maybe answer a few questions in the process. The comment about The Letter being on Teamster letterhead. That was not a copy of the letter itself. It was converted to text to be placed on the Teamster website and the Teamster logo is there because it is ever-present on any page viewed on their website. As for the legitimacy of the letter, Mr. H. is not stupid enough to forge a letter that could place him as a defendant in a libel lawsuit.
I'm am neither pro-union or anti-union. I have worked for both a union company and a non-union company. As a current UPS Freight driver, I weighed the pros and cons of both sides before I decided what was best for me. I truly believe that UPS freight needs to become a part of the Teamsters organization, not just because of the wages and benefits available through a union contract, but because all of us need the security that a legal binding contract will provide. Those of you who are anti-union because of things that happened in the past, be clear on this. This is 2006 and it's a whole new ball game. Overnite no longer exists other than the remnants that haven't been erased yet. UPS owns UPS Freight and they will soon be exerting complete control over everything UPS Freight and their employees do. So please don't base your decisions on ancient history. Find the facts and make a well informed decision. I will be happy to try and answer questions you might have. And union or not, the only strength we have is sticking together and trying to help each other out, not calling each other stupid or ignorant for asking a question or expressing an opinion. "The only stupid question is the one not asked."

Well said CC. I've thought all along we need to keep an open mind on the issues and find the answers to the questions that we have. Once we have the accurate answers we can make the right decisions....

upgf has treated us very well....we have no need for a union at our barn. We have the best jobs in the industry....compare pension, 401, and now gain sharing, along with flexability......no question.....vote no, don't sell your soul for a few bucks.....

upgf10years said:
upgf has treated us very well....we have no need for a union at our barn. We have the best jobs in the industry....compare pension, 401, and now gain sharing, along with flexability......no question.....vote no, don't sell you soul for a few bucks.....
I have compared most of that and we come up short in the west. With a yes vote in my opinion nobody will be selling anything out just securing a better future and stop them from taking any more. I personally can't take any less than what I am getting now,for me the line has been drawn, move forward or move out.

Also we out here face the whole intergration thing, I'm trying to think positave about it but with it still being OVNT us MC are watching what happens very closely. If it looks too one sided there might be a problem.

upgf

upgf10years said:
upgf has treated us very well....we have no need for a union at our barn. We have the best jobs in the industry....compare pension, 401, and now gain sharing, along with flexability......no question.....vote no, don't sell your soul for a few bucks.....
upgf10years,
As I stated previously, it's not just about money and benefits, it's also about job security. You can't say there is no need for a union based on the past 10 years at the big O because it doesn't exist anymore. UPGF has only existed for a month and I'm sure the changes are only just beginning. Don't base your decision on the past, base it on the future. Trying to improve wages, benefits, and job security does not constitute selling your soul, it's why we even bother to work in the first place. Thanks to everyone for the positive comments on my posts.

gb251 said:
Same here where I work.It get's really sickening sometimes,but not all of them only a handfull.

How does he know? Because Leo Suggs keeps telling him so. And IN TIME it will be better. No offense just tired of the "VISION".

Skull do you have any way to back up this information? Alot of the oldtimers are worried about there pensions,because they want to retire soon and don't want to lose it.They want to see it in writing.I don't think it's a matter of them caring about the future of UPGF being nonunion they want to retire and is that fair for the rest of us? I am voting yes when the card comes my way.
Don't be afraid to call your local and ask questions you have nothing to loose. I worked for union and nonunion companies. I know the difference from my point of view. I was told from the union leaders of my local about the pension and other bennies. If your local tells you any different let us know. I think the teamsters are in this time. The DVD thing did'nt go over to good. Old news is old news. Instead of a raise and time and half after 8 I get a DVD in the F%$#ing mail about people fighting. They could just film on or dock. I've been jumped at by loosers on our dock. I'm not afraid any more I got a brand new size 10 steel toes.

steve5 said:
Also we out here face the whole intergration thing, I'm trying to think positave about it but with it still being OVNT us MC are watching what happens very closely. If it looks too one sided there might be a problem.

UH Yeah The only thing that is even saving us is that most of the MC boys got seniority on the O fellas!

concerned citizen said:
upgf10years,
As I stated previously, it's not just about money and benefits, it's also about job security. You can't say there is no need for a union based on the past 10 years at the big O because it doesn't exist anymore. UPGF has only existed for a month and I'm sure the changes are only just beginning. Don't base your decision on the past, base it on the future. Trying to improve wages, benefits, and job security does not constitute selling your soul, it's why we even bother to work in the first place. Thanks to everyone for the positive comments on my posts.

YOU ROCK and MAKE ME FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY!!!!!!!!!! Take it lightly though don't let your head swell, you might have to take vacation to let all settle so you can get in your truck. Gotta have fun.