Dip Pay

55 cases per man hour min. when I'm trying to make it by the hour, I usually throw 56 to 58
good for you, thats exactly what i would do. what happens if you don't meet this requirement? are there circumstances that negate this requirement, such as poor pallet building?

We bid on geographical areas, Sysco reserves the right to change a route to satisfy customer needs or time windows, its in the contract. I have a 5 day bid, however, they usually cut my Thursday run, that kills my week. I usually go on OT by 0900 Thursday if everything goes right, and thats throwing the min.

we bid on area's as well, but being on a 5 day bid, don't they have to bring you in for your guaraunteed 8 hours anyway? ot after 8, or ot after 40?

i am on a bid that frequently cancells thursday as well, i LOVE it because thats when the bucks start rolling in. every other route is built for 13 hours, and since its always a bid im not familiar with, hello overtime!

Gt you sound like the rest of us sysco drivers sick of this stuff. If you are close to golden state foods or reinhart look at them laid back pays as much or more.

screw running, time to stick it to corporate america the same way they try and stick it to us. we need a national foodservice contract that covers us foods and sysco...

For us nonunion we get the axe anytime that is why I wish we where union.

time to organize, get together with your other co workers who hate the job but like the money, and get ahold of the closest teamsters local. sounds like you guys are ripe for the picking, if they are trying to "clean house".

we bid on area's as well, but being on a 5 day bid, don't they have to bring you in for your guaraunteed 8 hours anyway? ot after 8, or ot after 40?

i am on a bid that frequently cancells thursday as well, i LOVE it because thats when the bucks start rolling in. every other route is built for 13 hours, and since its always a bid im not familiar with, hello overtime!
OT after 40, when they cancel us we go on the extra list, we are called in order of seniority with available work the night before, otherwise we go on the extra list for the next AM, if thats all thats left.

OT after 40, when they cancel us we go on the extra list, we are called in order of seniority with available work the night before, otherwise we go on the extra list for the next AM, if thats all thats left.

you can't greive the fact that you are on a 5 day bid and they are only using you 4 days? seems like this would be an ace in the hole for arbitration....

so, GT, when does the 55 cases per hour NOT apply? what are the terms and conditions?
They know we have bad days, its overlooked at that point, if I was throwing 35 cases per hour consistantly, something could be said, as I would be in violation of the labor agreement. Even dragging my ass I can throw more than 55 cpmh.

you can't greive the fact that you are on a 5 day bid and they are only using you 4 days? seems like this would be an ace in the hole for arbitration....
No Sir, there is contract language that prevents that, we are a right to work state, before this crap passed, and we were a closed shop, things were in our favor, now its not the case, we need close to 100% membership in the union within the next 5 years to get a really good contract, with right to work thats hard when you have guys that are riding on the backs of mgmt.

They know we have bad days, its overlooked at that point, if I was throwing 35 cases per hour consistantly, something could be said, as I would be in violation of the labor agreement. Even dragging my ass I can throw more than 55 cpmh.

No Sir, there is contract language that prevents that, we are a right to work state, before this crap passed, and we were a closed shop, things were in our favor, now its not the case, we need close to 100% membership in the union within the next 5 years to get a really good contract, with right to work thats hard when you have guys that are riding on the backs of mgmt.

there is contract language that prevents you from filing a greivance because they aren't working you like they are supposed to? i know you are a rtw state, but a union contract is still a union contract, and if you are a 5/8 guy, that means that they are supposed to be bringing you in for 5/8 hour shifts.

has the bid language been watered down to the point where they are "suggestions", instead of work rules? Does the BA know about you being called off on thursday?

there is contract language that prevents you from filing a greivance because they aren't working you like they are supposed to? i know you are a rtw state, but a union contract is still a union contract, and if you are a 5/8 guy, that means that they are supposed to be bringing you in for 5/8 hour shifts.

has the bid language been watered down to the point where they are "suggestions", instead of work rules? Does the BA know about you being called off on thursday?

No, we can file a greivence whenever we wish, the language states, without me waking up the wife to get the contract, that we bid on geo. areas, mgmt reserves the right to adjust those routes for time windows, case counts customer needs ect., If they bring in a jr man over me I can file on the run and get paid, if I show up to work and there is nothing I get paid for 4 hrs.

Bill, honestly, I'm going to sit down with the union here in the next couple of weeks and figure out where else I can go within Local 523, I like this union and I believe in it, I would rather stay, I can go alot of places but I wish to stay in the local, so thats what I'm up against right now, I get sick of working from dark to dark just to make money, after they butchered our incentive, thats the only way to do it, unless your a superstar, and I'm not, I'm becoming to old for that ****!!

There has to be a better way, a better work life mix, I'm to the point in my life that I'm sick of work being my entire life, been doing that now for 21 years, its time to slow down.

gt, you just answered your own issue. a jr. guy should not get the work over a senior guy. ita a seniority violation isn't it?

Oh, by the way Bill, its gonna be tough, with IBC, Wonder Bread shutting down, those guys had to go somewhere and the drivers were 523.

are your shop stewards being aggressive as they could be, or does mgmt have them controlled?

Our steward is a good man, very smart, so no mgmt has no hold on him, our state is divided between 2 locals, 886 has a much stronger union and much more membership within the company, seems those on the eastern side of the state are different....its a tough market here, unions aren't near as popular as in other parts of the country.

GT I hope it all works out for ya. I'm looking for a company with a contract to. I told you that. I might have to go to the union hall and see if they will help me to

No, we can file a greivence whenever we wish, the language states, without me waking up the wife to get the contract, that we bid on geo. areas, mgmt reserves the right to adjust those routes for time windows, case counts customer needs ect., If they bring in a jr man over me I can file on the run and get paid, if I show up to work and there is nothing I get paid for 4 hrs.

every wednesday night when they TRY and call you to tell you your thursday is cancelled, don't answer the phone. go in for work thursday morning and collect your 4 hour minimum. do this twice, i bet your problem is solved.

as long as there isn't language about HAVING to answer the phone, which i doubt. since you are on a bid, you aren't on call, you are not obligated to listen to them tell you "we are cutting your pay", in so many words. ignore the call, go in and get your 4, and then see what happens.

every wednesday night when they TRY and call you to tell you your thursday is cancelled, don't answer the phone. go in for work thursday morning and collect your 4 hour minimum. do this twice, i bet your problem is solved.

as long as there isn't language about HAVING to answer the phone, which i doubt. since you are on a bid, you aren't on call, you are not obligated to listen to them tell you "we are cutting your pay", in so many words. ignore the call, go in and get your 4, and then see what happens.

We are free to do that, we have been told by the boss that if we want the 4 hrs to do that, he don't care, I would rather not drive 18 miles and drag my sorry ass out of bed to do it, if it ain't a route it ain't worth it to me.