XPO | Direction of Conway

guitarman1

TB Lurker
Credits
So do you think Conway is heading in the right direction as a DSR. Do you think with all the money we are saving with the new changes that we will get more than A .50 Cent raise? Are we still a big part of this Company? I'm not to confident with my future at Conway myself, I hope I'm wrong...

So do you think Conway is heading in the right direction as a DSR. Do you think with all the money we are saving with the new changes that we will get more than A .50 Cent raise? Are we still a big part of this Company? I'm not to confident with my future at Conway myself, I hope I'm wrong...

No Con-Way is not headed in the right direction. They stopped using common sense and are just looking at numbers. They have spent 40 plus million $s on lean, cameras, shift monitors. Where are the savings? You will be lucky to get a 50cent raise. Driver you are a number to this company. The company has drivers with 10 and 15yrs. leaving doesn't that tell you anything?

No Con-Way is not headed in the right direction. They stopped using common sense and are just looking at numbers. They have spent 40 plus million $s on lean, cameras, shift monitors. Where are the savings? You will be lucky to get a 50cent raise. Driver you are a number to this company. The company has drivers with 10 and 15yrs. leaving doesn't that tell you anything?

Hey, the new trucks now have Howard 100 channels. Atleast the one I drove had it. :shift:

The direction I see is LEAN. Less drivers, less freight, more cheap dock help ( well cheap until you figure in the damages and slower production) younger and younger employees, less experienced employees in general in most areas.

More and More Senior drivers getting fired. Continued drop in moral. Less profit for drivers, more profit for corporate executives. More rules, more coaching more BS

Last edited by a moderator:
They want a system for everything. Fact is, there is no substitute for common sense and experience. With strong leadership in place, all of these fancy ideas become useful tools. With inexperienced and unqualified, poor leadership -- all the fancy ideas in the world won't do any good. Conway needs to take a step back and reevaluate its direction. This place is upside-down and backwards.

The real direction of Con-way is starting to show its true colors.
The billers are being let go (at select service centers for now-USB for one) and all billing is being outsourced.
CSR's and Office manager's are going to be given the opportunity to keep working as a Conway employee BUT, only 30 hours per week and no benefits, or accept a severance package and separate from the company.
We already have the part-time dock hands.
Don't be shocked/surprised when Con-way goes to or starts a Logistice company for their drivers.
We will work for Con-way but not be employed by Con-way.
That way they don't have to pay the benefits.
The rich will keep getting richer.
Get the resumes updated guys.
Good luck to everyone.
It's about to get ugly

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw..... Happy Saturday fooooools... Conway is about to be a thing of the past for me..... I give it 2 more weeks tops... hopefully 1

Kiss my grits central.... lol... keeping it clean.. OMG 111 Viewing..... 110 spiders

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been many times that I have wished I were let go from this nightmare so I could get the unemployment and help from the state to go back to school and finish the education that I started and often regret not finishing. I will not retire from here! The company won't be around long enough.

There have been many times that I have wished I were let go from this nightmare so I could get the unemployment and help from the state to go back to school and finish the education that I started and often regret not finishing. I will not retire from here! The company won't be around long enough.

Having a skill or education is the key man. You will never feel trapped working there. Always keep your options open. It is impossible to do this line of work and even take a class at nights. I took four classes and worked linehaul last spring. It was the worst 4 months of my life.

Big news coming in the next few weeks pertaining to p&d employees, or so the tm at my ex employer told employees. And supposedly it aint gonna be well received..

Big news coming in the next few weeks pertaining to p&d employees, or so the tm at my ex employer told employees. And supposedly it aint gonna be well received..

We have been waiting for the news to drop. The quicker they make their moves the quicker we find other places to work. It's gonna be a slaughter. They don't want us any more. Ain't nobody gonna be surprised.

Retire from here ? So if you make $60K a year. And they put 3% in a 401K. That's $1800. For 30 years. That's $54K not even one years salary. How you gonna retire on that ?

And don't tell me the market will make you money. Ask some of these people that thought they had it made and they are still working.

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw..... Happy Saturday fooooools... Conway is about to be a thing of the past for me..... I give it 2 more weeks tops... hopefully 1

Kiss my grits central.... lol... keeping it clean.. OMG 111 Viewing..... 110 spiders

I can't believe you people still think they value you or want you here. It has been clear and obvious for years now. If you have stayed all this time, then you are gonna get what you deserve. If you leave then you have done what you were supposed to do. It's not pretty. It's business in America. Cut throat. Brutal.

The real direction of Con-way is starting to show its true colors.
The billers are being let go (at select service centers for now-USB for one) and all billing is being outsourced.
CSR's and Office manager's are going to be given the opportunity to keep working as a Conway employee BUT, only 30 hours per week and no benefits, or accept a severance package and separate from the company.
We already have the part-time dock hands.
Don't be shocked/surprised when Con-way goes to or starts a Logistice company for their drivers.
We will work for Con-way but not be employed by Con-way.
That way they don't have to pay the benefits.
The rich will keep getting richer.
Get the resumes updated guys.
Good luck to everyone.
It's about to get ugly

The people that see the truth and understand the reality are never appreciated. Thank you.