FedEx Freight | Dis-Gruntled

Rattlesnake

TB Lurker
Credits
If you have any dis-gruntled folks who are running around spreading bad things that may happen, maybe you should convince them that they should just resign. When AF was bought, there were some who could NOT handle it. Some of them quit and it probably was for the better. I just read the post saying that you will have to start over on your vacation eligibility. The ones spreading that rumor is doing everyone a dis-service.

When someone runs over to you and starts spewing the garbage, try to convince them to chill out and if they wont, then maybe you should tell them they should resign and get another job while the getting is good.

After the dust clears, FedEx National LTL will be just fine.

Not a Rumor

Its not a rumor, I just came out of a meeting with the VP of Watkins, ALL WATKINS employees will be bought out of thier vacation. Meaning, if you have ANY vacation time on the books, you will receive a check for the amount due.

The first day we are FX national, every employee will have O "ZERO" vaction hours on the books.

jm0418 said:
Its not a rumor, I just came out of a meeting with the VP of Watkins, ALL WATKINS employees will be bought out of thier vacation. Meaning, if you have ANY vacation time on the books, you will receive a check for the amount due.

The first day we are FX national, every employee will have O "ZERO" vaction hours on the books.

Yes you will have zero hours on the books but you will start earning your new vacation time right away. Also any vacation that you have scheduled will be honored. Also when they pay you out SAVE THE MONEY!!!! for your vacation.

People (All WML Employees) settle down, you were listening when The Family said everything will be OK. Changes will be made,time will tell. Sit back and take notes,collect your checks and work as always.Get the facts and study the options after the buyout is over and the wheels of FedEx Natl. are rolling. Make your decisions on what has happened, not on the fear of what you think is goin to happen. I was layed off before the buyout by WML I have no ill feeling but try to find a job that pays what ya make now. Its not to many out there. Think about it. Don't give up everything cause some hot head say screw this I quiting and you should too.

well said fr8

I as well have been thru af buy out six months after transfering from TN. to AZ. was grandfathered into the west system, after all the dust settled it has all turned out very fair.
I believe the higher ups will take their time as they did with us and do the best things for all concerned.
We will in the end be second to none in the industry, and by far the best company to work for. Keep the faith and have patience..:bgroovy: :nutkick:

Not seeing what all the worry is about, it seems to me your in a better position then you've ever been in. Just one persons view who has no stake in it what so ever. Just kinda shocked, thought you guys would be happy that a good company that pays well bought you.

I'm looking foward to a brighter future at national all of the drivers that I know at freight like how they are treated.

Hey I do not work here but it seems to me you guys have one big thing to be grateful about. You are not being absorbed by Fed X Freight where you would go to the bottom of seniority at the huge barn across town. If they hired you. Remember our Friends at Dugan.

jm0418 said:

Not true. You will have just as much vacation on the books as ever. And you will continue to accrue it as you always have. You will just have already been PAID for the vacation you earned at Watkins. Put the money in the bank, and when you take vacation, take it out, with the interest, and you'll be better off than you would have been.

Rattlesnake said:
If you have any dis-gruntled folks who are running around spreading bad things that may happen, maybe you should convince them that they should just resign. . I just read the post saying that you will have to start over on your vacation eligibility. The ones spreading that rumor is doing everyone a dis-service.

I left that post and first of all I said you would be bought out and start over with 0 hours with national; not that you would start out with 0 eligibilty, second of all It is not a rumor it is a fact and it does bite the big one, it's not the end of the world but many like myself keep a 80 plus hour vacation bank in case of emergency, personally it took a long while to build that bank up while still taking a little time off soooo there fore it bites to be bought out( my bank that is) and start over, and finally I was promptly corrected on the rate of vacation pay at Watkins vrs fed-Ex west which I did preference with a Capitol IF (meaning this may not be a fact.)

I am very optimistic about the buy out and I am very glad Fed-EX is the company that bought us versus anyone else and that over all in the end it will be a good thing but it's not all peaches and cream so excuse me for posting the good as well as the negative, I happen to choose to look at the whole picture.:tribehasspoken:

As a P&d driver for a contractor at WML we have alot of rumors flying around our yard about being Fedex LTL! Some things that have been said is that when hired by fed ex they will start us out at top pay and all the new hires will get the starting pay! Another thing is that we will be getting Volvos for us to drive also! Also another rumor is that fed ex will probably offer us some type of instant vacation to keep us all on board! So far I think about 50% of our drivers at our terminal are leaving so thats alot of OT for me!

I don't get paid hourly! I get paid 52% of what the truck makes that day! It may sound like i get paid alot but we have pay scales per how much the weight is! like anything from 5lbs to 350 lbs is 6.50 for the truck and i get like 3.30 or something like that! its not all that great for me!

Socal_driver said:
As a P&d driver for a contractor at WML we have alot of rumors flying around our yard about being Fedex LTL! Some things that have been said is that when hired by fed ex they will start us out at top pay and all the new hires will get the starting pay! Another thing is that we will be getting Volvos for us to drive also! Also another rumor is that fed ex will probably offer us some type of instant vacation to keep us all on board! So far I think about 50% of our drivers at our terminal are leaving so thats alot of OT for me!
Sounds like a good opportunity for the Ex GI guys, if the current drivers don't stay there are others who would love the job.

FM

Socal_driver said:

It sounds like the operative word is rumor, I suggest waiting for the facts before you jump to any conclusions

Socal_driver said:
Why are they leaving? One of our drivers quit,(he had a 500+ mile run and good senority) to work at WML, from what I was told its a good co to work for.

steve5 said:
Why are they leaving? One of our drivers quit,(he had a 500+ mile run and good senority) to work at WML, from what I was told its a good co to work for.
Most are leaving cause they are contractors with 5 or more trucks and if they stayed they would take a big pay cut to stay and most of these contractor guys have big houses and expensive cars they have to pay for, so they are now looking for other companies to contract with! Also another thing I am not getting my hopes up on rumors that are spread around the yard! More than likely though I am staying when we turn into fed ex!

Socal_driver said:
Most are leaving cause they are contractors with 5 or more trucks and if they stayed they would take a big pay cut to stay and most of these contractor guys have big houses and expensive cars they have to pay for, so they are now looking for other companies to contract with! Also another thing I am not getting my hopes up on rumors that are spread around the yard! More than likely though I am staying when we turn into fed ex!
I have a feeling in the long run you'll be glad you did, good luck.

I am a former AF employee, now fdx freight. I came to AF mainly because of the attitude of the drivers, to which I was a customer. Yes it has changed, not all for the better, but I choose to still be here. You could do alot worse. NO company is perfect when you have to work for them. Change like this is hard, alot of us know that. Hang in there, till the dust settles,, then make your decision to stay or leave. Yes I have my gripes,, but I always will working for a living I figure... My opinion....