ABF | Disability insurance

tripleswest

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone had any experience with Aflac disability insurance? I'm told by the operations manager that the company doesn't want to deal with the payroll deduction.

Wife has it. They send her the bill. Paid for itself, 2yrs ago, when the horse threw her and she ended up getting plates and screws in her shoulder

Wife has it. They send her the bill. Paid for itself, 2yrs ago, when the horse threw her and she ended up getting plates and screws in her shoulder
Thanks for the info that's exactly what I wanted it for in case something happens off the job. Can I get individual coverage without getting the company involved?

Thanks for the info that's exactly what I wanted it for in case something happens off the job. Can I get individual coverage without getting the company involved?
If you find differently please report back but I think that the only way to get Aflack is through a group plan. You may be able to get disability insurance through your homeowner's insurance company. I look into it years ago and found the price a little steep through my own insurance company.

You should have some sort of disability insurance through your H & W plan. Pretty much all Supplements do. Ours only paid about $400 a week, but if you go on FMLA at the same time, the company has to pick up your health insurance for 12 weeks a calendar year. Check your H & W plan.

I have had Aflac for about 10 years, first when I was at Holland and now, I pay 81.90 a month for 100 a day for up to 6 months. They just deduct it straight from my checking account. I wouldn't be with out it. I've used it 3 times a total of 9 months. Plus I paid after tax so their payments to me were tax free. Plus the union short term money I made about what I did working.

You should have some sort of disability insurance through your H & W plan. Pretty much all Supplements do. Ours only paid about $400 a week, but if you go on FMLA at the same time, the company has to pick up your health insurance for 12 weeks a calendar year. Check your H & W plan.
In the central region I was off 6 months due to accident and I made about 325 a week with paid h&w and didn't need fmla. It was an off the job accident.