Holland | Disability Inurance

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
I am having problems with a bone spur on the bottom of my heel and they are talking about surgery. My question is, do we have any sort of disability insurance if you miss six or eight weeks of work for something like that or are you just out on your own? Thanks for any information!

short term disability, do not know all the details. It is a benefit through central states and pays about 300 a week for up to 6 months. Check the web site or with your local for more accurate information.

I am having problems with a bone spur on the bottom of my heel and they are talking about surgery. My question is, do we have any sort of disability insurance if you miss six or eight weeks of work for something like that or are you just out on your own? Thanks for any information!
There also used to be an extra "supplemental" disability insurance, on top of the regular disability insurance. You pay extra for it but it would be well worth the expense. You might want to look into it BEFORE you go in for a surgery. Get signed up ahead of time to be sure you qualify for it.
I can't remember the amount or the numbers for the extra income that you would get. Hopefully someone will comment and give them to you if it still exists.

$277/week after S.S. is taken out. Disability is exempt from Fed, State, or Local Taxes. The first 8 days are on you, then you start collecting. There is a form that must be completely filled out before CS will pay.

NEVER take for granted that Grand Rapids filled it out correctly and faxed to CS. ALWAYS follow up a few days after the form was submitted to Grand Rapids, by calling CS to confirm they received the completed form.

Get a bowl of ice cream, sit in your easy chair, and enjoy the hold music until your turn at CS. Usually takes 20 minutes. However never call late in the day, they will leave you on hold until they go home.

$277/week after S.S. is taken out. Disability is exempt from Fed, State, or Local Taxes. The first 8 days are on you, then you start collecting. There is a form that must be completely filled out before CS will pay.

NEVER take for granted that Grand Rapids filled it out correctly and faxed to CS. ALWAYS follow up a few days after the form was submitted to Grand Rapids, by calling CS to confirm they received the completed form.

Get a bowl of ice cream, sit in your easy chair, and enjoy the hold music until your turn at CS. Usually takes 20 minutes. However never call late in the day, they will leave you on hold until they go home.
thanks