ODFL | Disability policy??

Beeman

TB Lurker
Credits
I hope that none of us ever have to use any of these benefits, but if we did does anyone really understand them? Has anyone been hurt at work or away from work and used these benefits? From what I've heard the short term would only pay you about $40 a week after they deduct for health insurance. A driver at our wage and benefits meeting asked if OD could possibly look into an AFLAC type supplement that we could buy through payroll deduction, they were blown off by management with a, that's been brought up in the past and we're not going to do anything about it answer.
We also got a revision a year or two ago that rewords the disability benefit from performing your job to performing ANY job. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I hope that none of us ever have to use any of these benefits, but if we did does anyone really understand them? Has anyone been hurt at work or away from work and used these benefits? From what I've heard the short term would only pay you about $40 a week after they deduct for health insurance. A driver at our wage and benefits meeting asked if OD could possibly look into an AFLAC type supplement that we could buy through payroll deduction, they were blown off by management with a, that's been brought up in the past and we're not going to do anything about it answer.
We also got a revision a year or two ago that rewords the disability benefit from performing your job to performing ANY job. Anyone have any ideas on this?

O.D. has never been big on paying a man who is not working for whatever reason.I'm not up to date on this,maybe somebody with a current handbook or good info will post and enlighten all of us.

i tryed for 10 years to get aflac at od the all ways said they will looked in to it thy dont care if you get hurt or sick nor do the care if your family gets put in the street because you are sick an have no money coming in an thats .:BS:

i tryed for 10 years to get aflac at od the all ways said they will looked in to it thy dont care if you get hurt or sick nor do the care if your family gets put in the street because you are sick an have no money coming in an thats .:BS:

That about sums it up as far as I know unless somebody else knows different.The employees take up money for people sick and hurt but that's just a drop if you have mouths to feed and bills to pay.Stay healthy.

I called up aflac and tried to get some extra insurance but they told me since I was a truck driver they couldn't help me.I told them I didn't want to be messing around with a bunch of quacks anyway. Maybe they would cover a dock hand or shop?

I called up aflac and tried to get some extra insurance but they told me since I was a truck driver they couldn't help me.I told them I didn't want to be messing around with a bunch of quacks anyway. Maybe they would cover a dock hand or shop?

That's exactly the problem. We do it everyday and think nothing of it but just look at the number of drivers that go out on disability. This is the reason it's been brought up to the company and why it's so surprising they keep blowing it off. So much for the family that cares about us.

disability?thats a joke.when i hurt my leg to the point that i couldnt walk i went to the company dr and she told me she had to give me "light duty"because od was calling the shots.you would have to be near dead for od to pay disability