FedEx Freight | Disqualification appeal

catdaddy7

TB Lurker
Credits
I have reccently been disqualified by fedex for having 4 accidents within a year, all are very minor accidents one of wich is a cable wire on private property, does any one no of these appeals being succesful or do you have any advice please help...

I have reccently been disqualified by fedex for having 4 accidents within a year, all are very minor accidents one of wich is a cable wire on private property, does any one no of these appeals being succesful or do you have any advice please help...

I don't have any experience with it ... How long have you worked here?

The appeals process is a complete joke! I took down a cable tv line over a city street and they gave me a chargable. I appealled it and they decided it was a still a chargable. Other drivers refused to do residential deliveries because of my accident being a chargable, so they changed the policy to if you are moving forward when you take it down then it isn't a chargable. They still left mine as a chargable though even though I was going forward when the line came down. It's a no win situation!

That is pure bs charging someone with taking down a cable line on a city street. These damn cable companies dont give a **** about codes and run their junk anyway they want. If any of you ever loose your job over something as stupid as a cable line, I would sue the hell out of the cable company since they are responsible for maintaining the proper height of their lines. Next time tell the idiots in safety that this happened because of the cable companies lack of following code and that if they give you a preventable you will file suit and drag FedExs name into court.:cuss:

I wouldn't even report a TV cable line. I've tore so many of them down I lost count. If a 48ft 13'6 liftgate is all we are going to get for residentials, then the lazy internet shoppers get what they deserve. Go walk their fat asses around a WALMART for 20 min a week, and realize they could of got it last weekend and not have to waste a 1/2 days vacation waiting on a freight co to deliver it with their 3 hr delv window. If no one has pictures of me doing it , I didn't do it.

Today one of our drivers was pulled into the office and told a person driving a car claims he hit them and spun them out in the begining of may. I haven't heard the details yet. I am eager to see what becomes of this! So either the person waited a month to report it to FedEx or the company waited a month to say anything to the driver. I didn't notice any new damage to his tractor so who kows

I wouldn't even report a TV cable line. I've tore so many of them down I lost count. If a 48ft 13'6 liftgate is all we are going to get for residentials, then the lazy internet shoppers get what they deserve. Go walk their fat asses around a WALMART for 20 min a week, and realize they could of got it last weekend and not have to waste a 1/2 days vacation waiting on a freight co to deliver it with their 3 hr delv window. If no one has pictures of me doing it , I didn't do it.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

All I know is that in the Seattle area all wire and cable strung across streets must be at least 14ft off the street level. When I was with OVNT we had a guy take down 12 lines then they came to repair that afternoon. He took them all down again the next day. No chargeable for that.

I thought policy was if your on the roadway that a truck is allowed to be on if you pull a wire down its a non preventable. because it's code in most states that all overhead wires must be above 13" 6'.
I pulled a phone line down and pulled the phone both out of the ground in a parking lot and got a non preventable. Because I stated I checked for lines before I pulled in and couldn't see any. The phone line was black against a black sky with no moon and trees behind parking lot blocking lights and no lights I'm the parking lot. How you word stuff and how much detail you give makes a big difference. Like the saying goes you didn't hit the deer. The deer hit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner