FedEx Freight | Disqualification appeal

I'm telling you I have never watched the smith system video on the CBE, ( red shirt, making gate, purple promise,) Anybody from another carrier would have no idea about these stupid names. But I would imagine your like most morons in this company. Worked the dock got your CDL big time trucker now and gets abused by the company because you have no Idea that your taking the purple promise where the sun down shine. Then they get a profile pic of a big truck they never drove along with the HD and like to tell someone else that their full of BS. All well you people are helpless. :guiness: Enjoy your weekend.

You're right, I owe you an apology for saying you don't work here.

I will try again, You might work here, you have never driven a truck here. I believe at most centers, one would think maybe you drive a Dell in an office, which would make you a CCM or an asst CCM, which is it?

If you are an employee, not management, you have watched more than 1 smith system video?

Wait a minute, we have hired a few employee's,(not real truck drivers) in the past few years that wouldn't know a smith system video from a Donald duck video. Could you possibly be one of those individuals?

Twenty seven posts, and your not making many friends by talking to Rodedawg like that Purple Toe, he wasn't attacking you, he was just pointing something out, lighten up, he never called you full of BS, he said have to call BS, big difference, instead of getting all bent out of shape, try explaining why you haven't watched the SS vids, I spent 7 yrs with AF/Fedex and watched them many times in TUL, MKO, and FSM.

Just my 2 cents Bro. Can you tell us right quick what those alpha codes mean? That would help validate.

Sorry but don't take kindly to someone calling me a liar when they have no idea about me. And this whole raise thing is BS and a sore subject. A dollar an hour is a big deal. A Lot of money that my family could use. Anyway to answer your question, service centers. Don't know which ones but try YRK NHS. York, North Harrisburg. The one in york was AF before fed ex take over. NHS was a Watkins before their take over. If need be I can look yours up at home centers computer. which brings fedexs website up when you bring up the internet explorer. And there is a link to all the service centers. You can get the OM name, number of doors and phone numbers and there is also a link where you can look up all fedex employees. And for all those Purple POOPheads, I was one of you till this raise thing but not anymore. Ill go to work do my job and go home. I was one that would go beyond what was expected but not anymore. Purples all gone and if the Teamsters get their act together that's a Yes vote from me.

You're right, I owe you an apology for saying you don't work here.

I will try again, You might work here, you have never driven a truck here. I believe at most centers, one would think maybe you drive a Dell in an office, which would make you a CCM or an asst CCM, which is it?

If you are an employee, not management, you have watched more than 1 smith system video?

Wait a minute, we have hired a few employee's,(not real truck drivers) in the past few years that wouldn't know a smith system video from a Donald duck video. Could you possibly be one of those individuals?
Alright I am not here to make friends. Do you think a red shirt would be telling you to vote Teamsters Really are you really going to show your intelligent level. Really. And I took the real course at another carrier. There we actually went out in a van and worked on all the principles. Aim high in steering ect.. But I am telling you .I R TRUCK DRIVER I R DELIVERING THE PURPLE PROMISE and I have never taken the smith system course here OK dont get mad. On a serious note I am just playing with ya don't get mad. I do think all humans have something to add to society. Oh yea that Donald Duck that is a good one.:hysterical:
Seriously don't get mad enjoy your weekend ; )

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I am not here to make friends. Do you think a red shirt would be telling you to vote Teamsters Really are you really going to show your intelligent level. Really. And I took the real course at another carrier. There we actually went out in a van and worked on all the principles. Aim high in steering ect.. But I am telling you .I R TRUCK DRIVER I R DELIVERING THE PURPLE PROMISE and I have never taken the smith system course here OK dont get mad. On a serious note I am just playing with ya don't get mad. I do think all humans have something to add to society. Oh yea that Donald Duck that is a good one.:hysterical:
Seriously don't get mad enjoy your weekend ; )

Im not here to make friends either, and I don't have to call people names. Would a red shirt tell us to go union to disguise his or her identity, maybe, maybe not. Im not here to show anybody my intelligence either. If you went out in a van to learn the smith system, was it with Swift or Werner school of professional truck drivers. Why wouldn't they let you do it in a (tractor trailer), isn't that what you were being trained for?

As for me, I did come to work here almost 20 years ago, and I have no desire to finish out my career driving a Toyota forklift. I came here to be a truck driver, not a dockworker?:TR10driving03:

On a serious note, you should go to your leader, whether it be in a center or in Harrison? and ask him or her to explain what the smith system is?

As far as you making me mad, you wont make me mad, I just love to have fun:couch:, sometimes at other people's expense?

You have a great weekend to, if it applies to you!:1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not here to make friends either, and I don't have to call people names. Would a red shirt tell us to go union to disguise his or her identity, maybe, maybe not. Im not here to show anybody my intelligence either. If you went out in a van to learn the smith system, was it with Swift or Werner school of professional truck drivers. Why wouldn't they let you do it in a (tractor trailer), isn't that what you were being trained for?

As for me, I did come to work here almost 20 years ago, and I have no desire to finish out my career driving a Toyota forklift. I came here to be a truck driver, not a dockworker?:TR10driving03:

On a serious note, you should go to your leader, whether it be in a center or in Harrison? and ask him or her to explain what the smith system is?

As far as you making me mad, you wont make me mad, I just love to have fun:couch:, sometimes at other people's expense?

You have a great weekend to, if it applies to you!:1036316054:
Rodedawg Enjoy your weekend. happy trails

I remember several years ago I spotted a gear in front of a trailer at the dock in Vegas. When I hooked up to the trailer next to it, the gear rolled forward and hit a tractor parked at the fence. I called line haul in Tucson Az and reported the incident. They said its no big deal, just fill out a report when I get in. About a month later I was called into the TM's office in Anaheim. He said he received a letter from Harrison saying I was the official bubble boy. One more incident with a rolling gear in the next 12 months, and Harrison would cut off something near and dear to me. I guess it depends on who's in charge at the time. TP

We had a driver a few weeks ago go do a switch. The shipper gave him his paperwork and said he was good to go. He dropped, hooked and headed back to the center. He never checked the door of the trailer. Come to find out they hadn't finished loading the trailer even though the person in the office said he was good to go. The shipper called our CCM on his cell phone at home to report what happened. Another driver took the trailer back so they could finish loading it. They had the first driver write a statement of what happened. He had a disagreement with a different customer so that's what his statement was about. He had no idea about pulling the partial trailer back to the center. The company took that as him lying, so he was suspended pending an investigation. Well 3 days later he was disqualified to be a driver for 3 years. He had a previous speeding ticket, so that and moving a trailer while in the process of being loaded got him disqualified. We had a preshift after this all happened and we learned that pulling a trailer out while being loaded or unloaded is just as severe as rolling your truck over. Seems a bit harsh, but I guess it is what it is.

Twice Pipes said:
I remember several years ago I spotted a gear in front of a trailer at the dock in Vegas. When I hooked up to the trailer next to it, the gear rolled forward and hit a tractor parked at the fence. I called line haul in Tucson Az and reported the incident. They said its no big deal, just fill out a report when I get in. About a month later I was called into the TM's office in Anaheim. He said he received a letter from Harrison saying I was the official bubble boy. One more incident with a rolling gear in the next 12 months, and Harrison would cut off something near and dear to me. I guess it depends on who's in charge at the time. TP

Thats the problem TP,different strokes for different folks.

We had a driver a few weeks ago go do a switch. The shipper gave him his paperwork and said he was good to go. He dropped, hooked and headed back to the center. He never checked the door of the trailer. Come to find out they hadn't finished loading the trailer even though the person in the office said he was good to go. The shipper called our CCM on his cell phone at home to report what happened. Another driver took the trailer back so they could finish loading it. They had the first driver write a statement of what happened. He had a disagreement with a different customer so that's what his statement was about. He had no idea about pulling the partial trailer back to the center. The company took that as him lying, so he was suspended pending an investigation. Well 3 days later he was disqualified to be a driver for 3 years. He had a previous speeding ticket, so that and moving a trailer while in the process of being loaded got him disqualified. We had a preshift after this all happened and we learned that pulling a trailer out while being loaded or unloaded is just as severe as rolling your truck over. Seems a bit harsh, but I guess it is what it is.

Hello!!!!...

It is called a pre-trip.

If you are not intelligent enough to check the door then you get whats coming to you.

No sympathy here Skippy!!!!

Some folks are not cut out to be drivers...perhaps person this is one of them!!!

Rat

Hello!!!!...

It is called a pre-trip.

If you are not intelligent enough to check the door then you get whats coming to you.

No sympathy here Skippy!!!!

Some folks are not cut out to be drivers...perhaps person this is one of them!!!

Rat

I agree common sense says to check the door. I was just surprised to hear they consider this a serious violation

I agree common sense says to check the door. I was just surprised to hear they consider this a serious violation
I agree with Rat, someone could get serously hurt if they were still loading the trailer. I never pull a trailer from the door before checking to be sure its closed. NEVER. Although if this was a newbie I think he should be given a second chance and a stern talking to. If it would ever happen again they should fire him. This should be a one warning offense. Just my two cents
PT