FedEx Freight | Disqualification appeal

catdaddy7. What I suggest is maybe you can become an English teacher and teach beingpissed how to write properly. You probably are rushing to much or you are a new driver. FedEx can not get quality drivers even in this economic environment. Our terminal must train drivers which I suspect is the case with you. I hope you get through this and when you do beware of your surroundings and don't rush. Every accident I have ever been in that was my fault I was rushing. Ignore the super truckers like being pissedon. They have never been very good at anything in life other the holding a steering wheel. He has know idea about your other accidents and can make a remark like that. Some times people have a string of bad luck. If FedEx really cared about its employees and safety they would invest in the Smith System and train drivers in its principles. It is a quality program but a little pricey. FedEx would also make changes to recruit experienced drivers. But instead they invest in idiots like beingpissed on. But lets face it the younger inexperienced drivers are easier to manipulate into braking rules.
figured you would try and start something, seems to me you get what you pay for, i am not even going to try and start to comment on your attack Purple Toe, you just are pigion-holed into the catagory of the new truckers in this industry

We had a driver a few weeks ago go do a switch. The shipper gave him his paperwork and said he was good to go. He dropped, hooked and headed back to the center. He never checked the door of the trailer. Come to find out they hadn't finished loading the trailer even though the person in the office said he was good to go. The shipper called our CCM on his cell phone at home to report what happened. Another driver took the trailer back so they could finish loading it. They had the first driver write a statement of what happened. He had a disagreement with a different customer so that's what his statement was about. He had no idea about pulling the partial trailer back to the center. The company took that as him lying, so he was suspended pending an investigation. Well 3 days later he was disqualified to be a driver for 3 years. He had a previous speeding ticket, so that and moving a trailer while in the process of being loaded got him disqualified. We had a preshift after this all happened and we learned that pulling a trailer out while being loaded or unloaded is just as severe as rolling your truck over. Seems a bit harsh, but I guess it is what it is.

You guys know that I side with the drivers 99% of the time, but this time I have to agree with the company. You always have to check your door. Someone could have been dumped off the dock while loading or worse yet what if the freight was all the way to the back of the trailer and tipped over going down the road and fell off the truck. The chance of there being an accident because of this is too real. To many drivers get in a rush now and are cutting corners, it is your license and you need to watch what you are doing. Lots of the young drivers try to rush to impress the company and make mistakes. Take your time and do it right, because your job depends on it.

You guys know that I side with the drivers 99% of the time, but this time I have to agree with the company. You always have to check your door. Someone could have been dumped off the dock while loading or worse yet what if the freight was all the way to the back of the trailer and tipped over going down the road and fell off the truck. The chance of there being an accident because of this is too real. To many drivers get in a rush now and are cutting corners, it is your license and you need to watch what you are doing. Lots of the young drivers try to rush to impress the company and make mistakes. Take your time and do it right, because your job depends on it.
I agree, look at your stuff.

I agree that it was a bone head move on the drivers part. One thing that puzzles me is several years ago one of the dock supervisors told our spotter to pull a trailer out of the door. The spotter pulled it out and a city driver fell out of the back of the trailer injuring his back. No one got in trouble for it. The driver was placed on light duty for his back injury so the company had him bending over painting wheel chocks. So basically the innocent guy gets treated like crap and the ones at fault had no consequence

I agree that it was a bone head move on the drivers part. One thing that puzzles me is several years ago one of the dock supervisors told our spotter to pull a trailer out of the door. The spotter pulled it out and a city driver fell out of the back of the trailer injuring his back. No one got in trouble for it. The driver was placed on light duty for his back injury so the company had him bending over painting wheel chocks. So basically the innocent guy gets treated like crap and the ones at fault had no consequence

The spotter should have been nailed for that. He couldn't see the trailer door was open when he walked back to put the chock block up on the dock apron?

I agree common sense says to check the door. I was just surprised to hear they consider this a serious violation

Think about it for a moment.

We haul a lot of HM...US mail...steel bars...paint....and any number of other types of freight that could cause some serious/life threatening consequences. Plus there are security concerns as well.

Just imagine the mess if some type of hazardous material bounces out an open door and spills onto the roadway.

Rat

The spotter should have been nailed for that. He couldn't see the trailer door was open when he walked back to put the chock block up on the dock apron?
I drove a yard dog at the hub for a while .... I always climbed down and looked before i jacked the trailer in the air.. heck red shirts call out the wrong door ... and yes I have even hit the wrong door ..hahaha
you better be looking as many pulls you do

yes look!!!

the spotter should have been FIRED period..... That guy could have been killed! It is the spotter job to check to see it the back door is closed and no one in that trailer before moving it from the dock... Really any drivers responsibility before pulling away from any dock.. That is old school, nothing new about it......lets truck safe guys

the spotter should have been FIRED period..... That guy could have been killed! It is the spotter job to check to see it the back door is closed and no one in that trailer before moving it from the dock... Really any drivers responsibility before pulling away from any dock.. That is old school, nothing new about it......lets truck safe guys
I don't agree with him being fired, but some action should be taken, and what about the red shirt that called out the door ??????

catdaddy7. What I suggest is maybe you can become an English teacher and teach beingpissed how to write properly. You probably are rushing to much or you are a new driver. FedEx can not get quality drivers even in this economic environment. Our terminal must train drivers which I suspect is the case with you. I hope you get through this and when you do beware of your surroundings and don't rush. Every accident I have ever been in that was my fault I was rushing. Ignore the super truckers like being pissedon. They have never been very good at anything in life other the holding a steering wheel. He has know idea about your other accidents and can make a remark like that. Some times people have a string of bad luck. If FedEx really cared about its employees and safety they would invest in the Smith System and train drivers in its principles. It is a quality program but a little pricey. FedEx would also make changes to recruit experienced drivers. But instead they invest in idiots like beingpissed on. But lets face it the younger inexperienced drivers are easier to manipulate into braking rules.

Are you serious about the "write properly" part of this? Good grief.

Today one of our drivers was pulled into the office and told a person driving a car claims he hit them and spun them out in the begining of may. I haven't heard the details yet. I am eager to see what becomes of this! So either the person waited a month to report it to FedEx or the company waited a month to say anything to the driver. I didn't notice any new damage to his tractor so who kows
Would you or anyone know if a insurance ticket with disqualify me ? I just started about a month ago.