Dissolve and disperse central states pension fund now !

Do you want what's yours from Central States ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
Barak Obama bailed out the banks and the automakers but only gave lip service to the middle class hard working people

of this country. It started with Jimmy Carter , It’s all about the money ! They don’t care about us !
Don’t pay me with a promise !

money grows on trees when you choose wisely
eg treat multiple sclerosis with bcg as per pubmed.org ristori + bcg
have causalgia treat it as per my friend eugene j ratner taught, the lancet p106 jan 14 1978. the patient was mrs j edward spike jr and her personsl physician was mark altschule of harvard who witnessed same
insurance companies extract vast sums for lousy medicine and worse
health insurance is a major expense and concern for us all
ratner treated the brooklyn "family man" and us veteran phillip magnano for
trigeminal neuralgia, aka the ******* disease

How much money do the Teamsters waste on confidential settlements for stuff like sexual harassment?
good question
how many people might be indicted if the protective order in the below case is challenged snd the documents revealed?

Butler v. Nassau Regional Off-Track Betting Corporation et al
Plaintiff: Teresa Butler
Defendant: Nassau Regional Off-Track Betting Corporation, Board of Trustees of Nassau Regional Off-Track Betting Corporation, Nassau County Democratic Committee and Jay Jacobs
Case Number: 2:2007cv01472
Filed: April 9, 2007
Court: New York Eastern District Court
Office: Central Islip Office
County: Nassau
Presiding Judge: Denis R. Hurley
Referring Judge: Arlene R. Lindsay
Nature of Suit: Civil Rights: Other
Cause of Action: 42:1983 Civil Rights Act
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Hopefully you realize funding the Military is one of the very few Responsibilities of the US Government commanded by our Constitution. Perhaps you want no protection?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/us/air-force-hurricane-michael-damage.html

According to the New York Times, Tyndall is home to 55 stealth fighters, “which cost a dizzying $339 million each.” Before Michael hit, the Air Force evacuated at least 33 of the planes to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, however, they would not comment on the status of the remaining 22 fighters. cou

$339 million a piece Billions wasted because no pilots were available to fly them out could have bailed out pensions instead!

Could have. Sure they could have, with that 20-20 hindsight vision of yours. Hope you aren't holding your breath for a bailout. Besides, it's not Your Pension. It affects Me, not You. Chicago is fully funded.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/us/air-force-hurricane-michael-damage.html

According to the New York Times, Tyndall is home to 55 stealth fighters, “which cost a dizzying $339 million each.” Before Michael hit, the Air Force evacuated at least 33 of the planes to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, however, they would not comment on the status of the remaining 22 fighters. cou

$339 million a piece Billions wasted because no pilots were available to fly them out could have bailed out pensions instead!

Had I known they needed to be moved, would have been glad to flew them to N.C.
Pretty sure they are not much different than driving a KB 11 with a 5spd direct.

So nice to see you again PAPA, In hind sight, UPS got off cheap, paying $135,000 per employee to leave CSPF. P.J. you haven't been reading between the lines on what is being said at the hearings. The withdraw liability will be eliminated! Multi employer pension funds that are not deemed viable, using single employer pension fund actuarial standards. Will no longer be aloud to accrue future liabilities. Contributions will be put in 401k accounts. Orphans will be taken over by PBGC, PBGC will get the bailout!

Papa John, your bass boat still for sale? Harley? Camper? Vette? Tools? I got cash!!!!!!

8 working days left in November, any word on the pension re funding vote?
Didn't think so.
Minimum of 2 years of gridlock in the Federal Government
2020 next vote, time is running out people.
We all wish, hope, and pray that the CSPF would come back to life. No one wants that more than me with just under 33 years as a Teamster.
It's sad that so many of you want this to run to the end, at that point no one gets anything.
At least if it was dissolved now we would all get a portion to put away for our own future.
You are the only one that truly cares about your future.
NO ONE ELSE CARES ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
Look at things for what they are, not what you want them to be.

Didn't think so.
We all wish, hope, and pray that the CSPF would come back to life. No one wants that more than me with just under 33 years as a Teamster.
It's sad that so many of you want this to run to the end, at that point no one gets anything.
At least if it was dissolved now we would all get a portion to put away for our own future.
Federal Law disallows dissolving it now. Instead, Oldsters get 100% until it's gone. Youngsters get zero. I'm in between. Could collect now if I agree to stop driving- only to have to go find a job again at 70 when it hits zero. So I drive on, waiting....

Change the Re-Employment Rules TODAY!!!!!

Didn't think so.
I think a new law has been in the can for years. I think the "special select committee" will vote it out of committee. Where it goes straight to congress for voting. No changes aloud, a straight up or down vote only. Will congress pass it, we will see.

WHY SHOULD WE USE OUR PENSION DOLLARS TO KEEP THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PARTIALLY AT FAULT FOR ITS FAILURE IN JOBS UNTIL ALL THE MONEY IS GONE ? Divide the remaining funds now. Everyone would get their percentage for years worked. The Feds can let us roll it over into the teamster 401k tax free. Any future contributions will go there.
Any money in your hand is yours, what will happen next...........
CONTACT ALL YOUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND DEMAND THIS SCAM IS SHUT DOWN NOW !
As much as you would like, this won’t happen. The Butch Lewis legislation is (IMO) the best (only) solution that has a chance to take care of the pension for all. If there is no legislation I beleive they will just keep mailing pension checks until they can’t. I wish all well, and put what you can in a 401k.

Wouldn't it be easier to allow CSPF to dissolve and disperse than to get politicians to agree on welfare for those who work.
Remember a large portion of welfare goes to those who choose not to work, its very hard for the working people to get any kind of government help.
But laws can be amended to allow it.
We don't have to keep dumping in money, west coast?
I spoke to Attorneys all over the country, they said once the fund has failed you don't have to keep dumping money into the bottomless pit.
I guess all the selfish retirees would rather have nothing in a couple years than a 401k with something in it.
I can say that because I have more time in than a lot of them, just not the age. I know, quit my whining.
The whole world is jagged up from top to bottom, why should this be any different.
Hope to be out soon, the next job will have a 401k

Wouldn't it be easier to allow CSPF to dissolve and disperse than to get politicians to agree on welfare for those who work.
Remember a large portion of welfare goes to those who choose not to work, its very hard for the working people to get any kind of government help.
But laws can be amended to allow it.
We don't have to keep dumping in money, west coast?
I spoke to Attorneys all over the country, they said once the fund has failed you don't have to keep dumping money into the bottomless pit.
I guess all the selfish retirees would rather have nothing in a couple years than a 401k with something in it.
I can say that because I have more time in than a lot of them, just not the age. I know, quit my whining.
The whole world is jagged up from top to bottom, why should this be any different.
Hope to be out soon, the next job will have a 401k
Only entity that can change the law and allow dissolving would be our split Congress.....

I'm fixing to retire.
I expect it to run out.
I'm not selfish. When I'm retired I won't be selfish
Why do alot of people say retirees (as I will be) are selfish?
I'm not. I'm not getting ::shit:: for a pension.. Do you who say we are selfish realize this? Do you realize by the time I pay for insurance. Taxes. And the spousal deduction I won't get ::shit::?.. Think before you use the word selfish. I've worked there for over 30 years.. What am I due? A stupid 401 at my age?. No.
Maybe in this contract something about 401's can be worked out for.the new younger employees that can actually build on it. It's useless for anyone over 60 to start one now. I have one. My wife has one. It's been basically useless since 08 when we lost over a 100 grand. Never recovered to where it was since. And to draw a large amount out will absolutely kill you in taxes. Try it. And anyone who has knows what I mean. Anything you made over what you put in just pays the tax.
I know I'm spouting off rather unintelligently but calling me selfish is like calling me lazy. It irks the ::shit:: out of me. Because I'm neither.
I know it's gonna run out. But I'm prepared to do without it. It's a pittance of a pension in today's world.
I'm gonna retire and eek out an exsitance with it. And it is not being selfish. I earned a larger pension but I'm not gonna get it.
Selfish my ass.
Sorry if I offended anyone not associated with calling retirees selfish!
:1904::17142:

I'm fixing to retire.
I expect it to run out.
I'm not selfish. When I'm retired I won't be selfish
Why do alot of people say retirees (as I will be) are selfish?
I'm not. I'm not getting :::shit::: for a pension.. Do you who say we are selfish realize this? Do you realize by the time I pay for insurance. Taxes. And the spousal deduction I won't get :::shit:::?.. Think before you use the word selfish. I've worked there for over 30 years.. What am I due? A stupid 401 at my age?. No.
Maybe in this contract something about 401's can be worked out for.the new younger employees that can actually build on it. It's useless for anyone over 60 to start one now. I have one. My wife has one. It's been basically useless since 08 when we lost over a 100 grand. Never recovered to where it was since. And to draw a large amount out will absolutely kill you in taxes. Try it. And anyone who has knows what I mean. Anything you made over what you put in just pays the tax.
I know I'm spouting off rather unintelligently but calling me selfish is like calling me lazy. It irks the :::shit::: out of me. Because I'm neither.
I know it's gonna run out. But I'm prepared to do without it. It's a pittance of a pension in today's world.
I'm gonna retire and eek out an exsitance with it. And it is not being selfish. I earned a larger pension but I'm not gonna get it.
Selfish my ass.
Sorry if I offended anyone not associated with calling retirees selfish!
:1904::17142:
In my eyes you're not selfish. You are a man who worked all his life to make a dream come true for yourself and your family. I applaud you for that. It is a shame what happened to thousands of hard working Teamsters. Keep your chin up, it will work itself out, it did for me. Thanks brother for your hard work.:1036316054::guiness:

I will keep my chin up.
Thank you.
It was late last night and just reading a few posts in here.
There are many. But I kept seeing selfish retiree. And I couldn't see further.
So I wrote really before thinkin We all know it's been in trouble it seems forever.
What I am doing is a giant leap of faith. Although we are prepared Which you have to be. It's still a leap.
What's is a person to do?
Retire?
Or stay somewhere where your really tired of being at.
I won't go into that. It's definitely not the work I do. I could do that for another 10.years. And that in itself would **** some off cause I'm still working.
But my point is stay at work where you think a paycheck is secure Which it may not be. Or take the leap. I'm leaping and will take.what comes with it.
All this comes into question
I want to go.
I want to see what kind of man I really am away from all the BS up there that changes a person over time. I know inside who I am. I want that back. I can't have that and work there. And all who work there know what I am saying.
I want to be Dad. Grampa. Husband. Sounds sappy. I remember who I was before I started at Roadway. And YRC. But 30 years of that bullshit changes you.
I csn change that little bit back. I can feel it coming back. Already. Knowing I'm leaving. And not a tear or anything will be left behind. No one gives a ::shit:: anyway but ME. I'll leave an empty locker. (it's spoken for.. No Trip. No lights in it)
I've seen people die on the dock. Back to normal the next day.
Just a number.
And I'm ok with just being a number. Just fade away. From there anyway.
But that's not being selfish. It may be selfish. But not for the money. That's a joke.
I don't care what happens to the pension. It's out of my control.. Always has been. I'm (we) are ready now.to do without. How many can say that? I can. It's the best feeling inside. That and I'm done. Go find me a piddly little job doing something I don't mind partime for pocket money. Thousands of jobs around here. Fortunately
I'm in no hurry to do that.
Early post and rambling. (last one was a late post and rambling)
I voted yes.
They've been throwing away money for 30 years that I know of. Why stop now?
Happy Sunday all!

I will keep my chin up.
Thank you.
It was late last night and just reading a few posts in here.
There are many. But I kept seeing selfish retiree. And I couldn't see further.
So I wrote really before thinkin We all know it's been in trouble it seems forever.
What I am doing is a giant leap of faith. Although we are prepared Which you have to be. It's still a leap.
What's is a person to do?
Retire?
Or stay somewhere where your really tired of being at.
I won't go into that. It's definitely not the work I do. I could do that for another 10.years. And that in itself would **** some off cause I'm still working.
But my point is stay at work where you think a paycheck is secure Which it may not be. Or take the leap. I'm leaping and will take.what comes with it.
All this comes into question
I want to go.
I want to see what kind of man I really am away from all the BS up there that changes a person over time. I know inside who I am. I want that back. I can't have that and work there. And all who work there know what I am saying.
I want to be Dad. Grampa. Husband. Sounds sappy. I remember who I was before I started at Roadway. And YRC. But 30 years of that :horseshit: changes you.
I csn change that little bit back. I can feel it coming back. Already. Knowing I'm leaving. And not a tear or anything will be left behind. No one gives a :::shit::: anyway but ME. I'll leave an empty locker. (it's spoken for.. No Trip. No lights in it)
I've seen people die on the dock. Back to normal the next day.
Just a number.
And I'm ok with just being a number. Just fade away. From there anyway.
But that's not being selfish. It may be selfish. But not for the money. That's a joke.
I don't care what happens to the pension. It's out of my control.. Always has been. I'm (we) are ready now.to do without. How many can say that? I can. It's the best feeling inside. That and I'm done. Go find me a piddly little job doing something I don't mind partime for pocket money. Thousands of jobs around here. Fortunately
I'm in no hurry to do that.
Early post and rambling. (last one was a late post and rambling)
I voted yes.
They've been throwing away money for 30 years that I know of. Why stop now?
Happy Sunday all!
mystic, all I would have to do is put Roady instead of mysticobra on this post and it would explain my situation and feelings exactly as you did. I was 57 when I retired in Oct. 2010 with 39 years in. That was about the time all this MOU bulls-it started. I looked at the numbers I would make working and what I would collect retired and it was a no brainer. My TM said to me you can't retire you're too young and I said watch me and gave my notice the next day. Was I a little apprehensive, yes, but it all worked out brother. You'll be fine, you'll feel better, you'll enjoy your life more and as for the pension what happens happens. We can't stop that but we are survivors it's built into old Teamsters like us. I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Your brother always.:usa:

Thanks ROADY.
I tend to over explain from my brain.
It's simple
You do or ya don't.
I do accept the mission!
39 at 57. Wow. I see guys like that there now. Little but less year's but age is close.
I'm so glad I worked elsewhere and did not take this job until I was 30 years old. I see some there this is the only job they had. I can't even imagine that.
There're stuck.
I don't want to be stuck. It's what I have to get away from. Longer they stay the more I see that I don't want to see or deal with anymore.
I'm over 62. I take a hit on the pension. But I'm not gettin ss yet. Gonna hold off on that unless necessary. Take a hit if I accept that now. Wait awhile.and it's a livable income. Without a pension coming in.
Ya. It'll be ok..
I have enough to do here where I am to keep me busy for quite awhile. Keep everyone busy. No resting on my selfish pension..lol.

See.
Over explaining.
:17142:
I'm the one who called retirees selfish, so I'll explain. And I'm 64, planning to draw mine as soon as I can get CSPF to pay it....

I didn't call all retirees selfish. I call selfish those that constantly remind all of Teamster History of sacrificing so those in the future can have good lives, and constantly call for Teamster Unity instead of Meesters - but then lobby to stop cuts that are necessary for anyone not dead within 6-7 years to draw a pension. They are only out for themselves. I've reminded them that a 45 year old with 25 years seniority cant draw CSPF until he's 65, and by then- will draw zero for 45 years service. The payouts should have been drastically cut in 2014 or before...

You aren't in that crowd, mystic. Selfish doesnt fit you.