Dissolve and disperse central states pension fund now !

Do you want what's yours from Central States ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
It won't. The whole thing will go under- both CSPF AND PBGC. That's why cuts are necessary. Even KK in another thread said it can't last, get out now. Many aren't old enough to get out. And the ones demanding no cuts, because they can't afford to be cut: What happens when the Fund goes to Zero, and Insurance can't help?????

You're darn right it will never happen and not because the PBGC will go under, the government will never let that happen. They will never take responsibility for their actions, that's why they have to convince those like yourself that cuts are necessary and just keep on moving along. I must say, you were trained well.

Instead of presenting a plan to cut payments or to force all Teamster Funds together into one and then reassess the math why don't you attempt to honestly answer these two questions. When the banks were on the verge of collapse, Congress bailed them out. When union pension funds are in mortal danger, Congress changes the law to let them shaft retirees. Why is that? How about when the courts intervened in the early 1980s, and made Goldman Sachs and Northern Trust as the fiduciaries of Central States, do you feel that there is absolutely no accountability here?

Please, I would like to hear your answers to the above, then we can talk about just who is sharing the responsibilities, because I sure don't call that sharing.
As you are well aware (we were in agreement at the time on the Politics Forum) I'm never now/never was then for Any Bailout of any Public Money going to Any Private Enterprise. The only thing The Federal Government is supposed to do is Defend us, and make States play nice together. I'm consistant. It appears You have changed.

I'm not giving one more dime to CSPF. You dont have any answer to save the fund. You want a government bailout which is NEVER going to happen. And you dont want to cut the benefits. Well guess what that wont work. You cant payout more than you take in and there is nobody looking to get into the fund. CSPF will be broke in 10 years. So unless you drop dead in the next 10 years your pension will get cut to zero anyway. And so will mine. Its simple math. And for your information I have 21 years paid full rate and the rest at the yrcw rate. Those are all years I am going to lose because the retirees wont take a cut.
So tell me, what is your plan? Restitution is a bailout. Any other ideas?

You say that you're not giving one more dime to CSPF, excuse me, you just lied if you're still working for Holland. Even though you are just contributing dimes, you are still contributing.

If you think that a bailout and restitution are the same, you may want to consult with a dictionary now and then. Or are you just repeating what Jimmy said because it sounded feasible to you?

You say that you're not giving one more dime to CSPF, excuse me, you just lied if you're still working for Holland. Even though you are just contributing dimes, you are still contributing.

If you think that a bailout and restitution are the same, you may want to consult with a dictionary now and then. Or are you just repeating what Jimmy said because it sounded feasible to you?
You and pappa suggested I give half my check to cspf. That is what I mean by not giving one more dime. And I said restitution and a bailout are the same before Jimmy did.

As you are well aware (we were in agreement at the time on the Politics Forum) I'm never now/never was then for Any Bailout of any Public Money going to Any Private Enterprise. The only thing The Federal Government is supposed to do is Defend us, and make States play nice together. I'm consistant. It appears You have changed.

Agreement on what Politics Forum? If you would of answered my questions honestly, you would of admitted that the government is backing the banks and wall street while screwing the working class. But you would never do that, would you?

The Federal Government defending us, now there's my laugh for the day. I actually believe that you really do think that and that the word control has never even entered your mind.

You and pappa suggested I give half my check to cspf. That is what I mean by not giving one more dime. And I said restitution and a bailout are the same before Jimmy did.

If that is what you meant then that is what you should of said. After all, how hard is it to say, I'm not giving one more dime to CSPF than I have to. As for you saying restitution and a bailout are the same before Jimmy did, you are right, I stand corrected.

Let me guess, you still haven't looked up the definition of a bailout and restitution yet?

The Federal Government defending us, now there's my laugh for the day. I actually believe that you really do think that and that the word control has never even entered your mind.
Dead on. And that is why there will never be a bailout/restitution, or any other kind of influx of outside money to the fund. CSPF will die under its own weight and the PBGC will go under VERY shortly after. And the retirees that are crying about cuts now.will really feel the hurt.

Dead on. And that is why there will never be a bailout/restitution, or any other kind of influx of outside money to the fund. CSPF will die under its own weight and the PBGC will go under VERY shortly after. And the retirees that are crying about cuts now.will really feel the hurt.

Let me see if I have this straight, you admit I'm dead on that the Federal Government is controlling us and not defending us and that's why you say that there will never be a bailout/restitution. Is that correct?

Agreement on what Politics Forum? If you would of answered my questions honestly, you would of admitted that the government is backing the banks and wall street while screwing the working class. But you would never do that, would you?

you agreed 100% When you were Docker, before Docker was banned...

The Government created this pension crisis, and needs to held accountable.

No f-ing way. For how long were you and your teamster brothers and sisters aware that the fund was underfunded and in serious trouble? What alternate plans did you make when you received the warnings? How clear did you make it to your Teamster leadership as to where the pension fell in your list of priorities? Were you more concerned about the required pension contributions to ensure the plans' survival, or were you more concerned about another $.50/hr in wages or some insignificant work rule?

You want the "Government" to be held accountable? How do you think they obtain the monies to pay for that accountability? They get it from the 100,000,000 people that had NOTHING to do with your retirement or retirement planning.

That's the best story I've heard all day!

So, is that it? You refuse to answer my questions by accusing me to be someone else who agreed with you 100%. Just in case you do decide to give it a go and try to answer my questions honestly, here they are again.

Instead of presenting a plan to cut payments or to force all Teamster Funds together into one and then reassess the math why don't you attempt to honestly answer these two questions. When the banks were on the verge of collapse, Congress bailed them out. When union pension funds are in mortal danger, Congress changes the law to let them shaft retirees. Why is that? How about when the courts intervened in the early 1980s, and made Goldman Sachs and Northern Trust as the fiduciaries of Central States, do you feel that there is absolutely no accountability here?

Please, I would like to hear your answers to the above, then we can talk about just who is sharing the responsibilities, because I sure don't call that sharing.

You want the "Government" to be held accountable? How do you think they obtain the monies to pay for that accountability? They get it from the 100,000,000 people that had NOTHING to do with your retirement or retirement planning.

There's only one way to answer this obnoxious and ignorant post. Well golly gee, you can bet your britches that we want the "Government" to be held accountable! So you better get ready to dig a whole lot deeper into your pockets, that is if there's no hole in them already.

Now, since you are so well informed, maybe you can answer this question. Do you feel that there is absolutely no accountability when the courts intervened in the early 1980s and made Goldman Sachs and Northern Trust as the fiduciaries of Central States? Do you even know what fiduciary means?

As far as explaining what has been going on with the Teamster union affairs, I'm not even going to waste my time explaining it to you because it will be well beyond your comprehension.

So, is that it? You refuse to answer my questions by accusing me to be someone else who agreed with you 100%. Just in case you do decide to give it a go and try to answer my questions honestly, here they are again.
I answered it. Then you go back to your old Docker ways of saying I didn't. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

As I suspected when I started this post, retirees what to ride it to the end and most of us that are still working want to shut it down, split it up, so they get something for their contributions.
Again why should we pay to keep the fund employees working for the next 10 years.
How much longer would it last if it was closed today?
With or without them, as of now, it closing in the near future.

I answered it. Then you go back to your old Docker ways of saying I didn't. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Now you have me curious. You say that you and this fellow agreed 100% of the time and now this post of yours suggests different. Here's how you answered my questions and if you answered his in the same manner, I can see why he said you didn't.

You're consistent alright, when it comes to avoiding to properly answer questions that you can't honestly answer and falsely accusing someone of being somebody else. By all means, if that's what makes your world a better place, carry on.

Let me see if I have this straight, you admit I'm dead on that the Federal Government is controlling us and not defending us and that's why you say that there will never be a bailout/restitution. Is that correct?
No, I agree that the government is NOT defending us. You sure have a reading comprehension problem.

As I suspected when I started this post, retirees what to ride it to the end and most of us that are still working want to shut it down, split it up, so they get something for their contributions.
Again why should we pay to keep the fund employees working for the next 10 years.
How much longer would it last if it was closed today?
With or without them, as of now, it closing in the near future.

I can assure you that the fund will not be ridden to the end and it won't be shut down and split up among the participants, and I think Jimmy will even agree with me on that.

I will admit that I don't have all the answers but I know what I would do, I would keep paying into the fund religiously and keep on fighting for what I have earned and that is a full pension. Being a Teamster means that you will always have to fight, even if it's just keeping what those before you earned. I have always fought for what I believed in and that will never change. I'm not claiming that I'm absolutely right but that is what I believe and that's good enough for me. We were all brainwashed into believing that you can't fight city hall but you sure can when the numbers are there. I just wish Jimmy would use his simple math on that one.

And again in my opinion, the government will never let the fund fail because the PBGC would then falter too. That's why they changed the law and all this fear being spread around, to try and get the people on board so they would just be willing to accept the cuts and move on which as you see many have. And if more people don't start joining in on the fight, that's exactly what will happen. Only the numbers will force Congress into accountability.

Docker??

T5PD18J.jpg