Central Transport | Disturbing News’s Ahead

coorslite47

TB Lurker
Credits
Vitran will be cutting another 5% in payroll; all full time employees with more then 6 months of full time employment will be affected as of January 31, 2010.
I was in the meeting last Friday in our Indiana terminal and listened to all the new changes that are being made! Of course the hazmat test that drivers are handing in are being filed right or wrong to use against you in the need to terminate you!
More pup trailers will be sent to replace straight jobs! Listen this is just a heads up to all!! too much to mention don’t let your guard down and speak out!

Good luck Guys

Vitran will be cutting another 5% in payroll; all full time employees with more then 6 months of full time employment will be affected as of January 31, 2010.
I was in the meeting last Friday in our Indiana terminal and listened to all the new changes that are being made! Of course the hazmat test that drivers are handing in are being filed right or wrong to use against you in the need to terminate you!
More pup trailers will be sent to replace straight jobs! Listen this is just a heads up to all!! too much to mention don’t let your guard down and speak out!

Good luck Guys

another 5% would just about wipe out any new driver . new drivers are already way under paid (im not a new driver , just saying) .

We are all underpaid,already 10% less than a certain comparable competitor,all you guys giving away your lunch breaks should really think about that,we are pushing more freight than before for less money and benefits already,if you count the raises and 401k contributions we have already taken large losses,I agree with coorslite47 speak out and let your voices be heard.

Speak out? Where? I complained one day ,politely, about the ongoing 5% (we were gonna get it back by years end,remember?), and about shorter runs,etc. I was told abruptly by the TM that there were at least 30 drivers out there waiting (unemployed) for my job! That's the general attitude of management now, not just here, but many companies.

Yeah,I hear ya,I might have pointed out Im better than 25 of those guys and the other 5 wont pass the drug test lol,I knew when we lost it it was probably gone for good but Im still yapping my flap.

What terminal in indiana did you here this at and who said it was it someone with power

Good luck Guys

Well OF course they would allow a driver to be in a meeting concerning paycuts...come on give me a break, do you really think they would allow anyone to hear what they are doing? Use your head people, do not listen to the rumors...

Speak out? Where? I complained one day ,politely, about the ongoing 5% (we were gonna get it back by years end,remember?), and about shorter runs,etc. I was told abruptly by the TM that there were at least 30 drivers out there waiting (unemployed) for my job! That's the general attitude of management now, not just here, but many companies.

And its that attitude that leaves them standing there with a dumb look on their face when a good driver walks in a quits.

Best part was the question "dont you like working here?" :biglaugh:

I wish all the drivers im leaving behind the best of luck with this place. I'm off to a place with consistent hours year around and where everyone is treated with respect.

Wrench Monkey....go withhim...make this a better place to work...you are probably one of the mechanics that does not even know how to change oil...go back to sleep

Yeah,I hear ya,I might have pointed out Im better than 25 of those guys and the other 5 wont pass the drug test lol,I knew when we lost it it was probably gone for good but Im still yapping my flap.

I totally agree with Hoss73 in "yapping my flap" and with Coorslite47 in speaking out. Its gittin close to the end of the year and if these rumors are true, its best to be prepared. These meetins they have are the place to stand up and speak out on what you believe in. Whether it be individually or in a group. Do sum ball twistin. Make em stand up there and squirm when they run outta things to say. Oh thats right. Their best phrase is if ya dont like it go find another job. That is really a loser answer especially when dealing with good dedicated employees. We all know it hurts a company even more when theres a big turnover of ppl. Hoss73 couldn't have said it better! Keep yappin your lap Hoss! I know I'm gonna be joinin ya.:USA:

That is what caused me to walk off the job 6 years ago. That attitude where they think they are the best employer ever.

KDR i have been asking around a few terminals and they all tell me you could not drive a dildo up you *** with two hands much less a truck ***** i do it all for the company drive work the dock and twist wrenches come on up to gr and introduce your self iam in the garage starting at 5 am till 3 pm if not on the road

I ran with PJAX for a few years back in the late '90's.
The pay was pretty good at the time but you did a
lot of sitting around for no money cause Russ Peters
did away with detention pay.
Within a month of that nearly a full third of their drivers disappeared for greener pastures.
From what I hear things are going from bad to worse
amidst one scandal after another.
I guess some things never change.