Holland | Diversion Of Freight To Yellow!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
I heard the other day from a Premium Service Employee (PSE) driver that in certain parts of the country when a pickup call from a customer comes in to Holland or New Penn for a place where there is limited or no service by Holland or New Penn that the call is routed to Yellow, and Yellow drivers pick up that freight. The same thing is happening on deliveries. This way YRC can control the freight flow to slim down Holland, while growing Yellow's business. Don't know if anyone in the IBT Freight Division is monitoring/watching this, but it could grow into a big problem. Does anyone else know about this "diversion of freight" around the YRC Worldwide "family" of companies?:USA:

I heard the other day from a Premium Service Employee (PSE) driver that in certain parts of the country when a pickup call from a customer comes in to Holland or New Penn for a place where there is limited or no service by Holland or New Penn that the call is routed to Yellow, and Yellow drivers pick up that freight. The same thing is happening on deliveries. This way YRC can control the freight flow to slim down Holland, while growing Yellow's business. Don't know if anyone in the IBT Freight Division is monitoring/watching this, but it could grow into a big problem. Does anyone else know about this "diversion of freight" around the YRC Worldwide "family" of companies?:USA:

Well that's good to know. I'll check around the west coast and see if the same thing is happening around here with Reddaway 'cause you're right, that could cause a major problem.:1036316054:

I see this happening all the time. Just watch the travel copies for the freight interline, I see one particular area south of Pittsburgh that Holland don’t service, but Yellow does and delivers it for us, it’s been happening for a long time. The money stays in the same pocket,
Yellow’s.

that makes sence though, i dont think they bought yall just to be serperate companys eventually yall might all just consolidate into one company.

Wow was this thread not played out on the Roadway forum last year? Yellow you wouldn't back sell our interline frt we give ya? I think you do. Even though the discount on interline is just 50%. GRIZZ

that makes sence though, i dont think they bought yall just to be serperate companys eventually yall might all just consolidate into one company.
Dirty Rice,
I guess anything can happen but to consolidate all of the YRC Companies together would require building hundreds of new giant terminals. In a city like Chicago they'd need 1,200 or 1,300 doors and cities like St. Louis, Indy and Kansas City they'd need 700 doors each. That's a lot of infrastructure expense. The many, many millions of dollars of synergy they've already saved by consolidating payroll/equipment/parts/fuel purchasing would be negated by the cost of these new terminals and then some. But, I guess anything can happen.

Dirty Rice,
I guess anything can happen but to consolidate all of the YRC Companies together would require building hundreds of new giant terminals. In a city like Chicago they'd need 1,200 or 1,300 doors and cities like St. Louis, Indy and Kansas City they'd need 700 doors each. That's a lot of infrastructure expense. The many, many millions of dollars of synergy they've already saved by consolidating payroll/equipment/parts/fuel purchasing would be negated by the cost of these new terminals and then some. But, I guess anything can happen.

1300 2000 doors hey man anything could happen, lol. hell they might build a sky scraper and have all yall up in there drivin up and down like a parking garage, or it could be like fedex, u would have Yellow road way would be one company then u would have Yellow Roadway National LTL Yellow Roadway Regional LTL then yall could be one big happy family.

Theres rumor or big r and yellow doing some interlining on line haul. Who knows what the future holds.

I see this happening all the time. Just watch the travel copies for the freight interline, I see one particular area south of Pittsburgh that Holland don’t service, but Yellow does and delivers it for us, it’s been happening for a long time. The money stays in the same pocket,
Yellow’s.

We deliver and pickup daily for Roadway. They havent had a terminal here for years and had been subbing it out to non-union regionals. We added a Teamster to our list with the added freight. Its a good deal for Roadway too because they send a salesman into the area and sell but have absoloutely no overhead or linehaul charges, no building to maintain, no forklift, no manpower at all on the freight. The kicker is our sales staff cant go after there freight and we get only a small percentage of the revenue. We'd make much more if we picked it up for Yellow but as far as Im concerned I get paid the same for it all. At some point we all need to remember we are a team and we should work together and try to take freight off our competitors truck not our own.

Where I work (Yellow) we ship about 100 bills a day to USF because they cover remote areas Yellow and Roadway don't cover. Roadway and Yellow interline lots of freight to smaller bergs where one has a terminal and the other doesn’t. My main concern is that a Teamster brings the freight from pickup to delivery and this interline setup ensures that. Prior to this deal we had shipped with some non-unions to some remote points.

As a driver for Roadway in the NY metro area, I see lots of accounts that used to ship heavy with us now shipping more with Yellow. I also read on the boards about other areas where the situation is reversed. Supposedly, our salesmen tell us they are not allowed to underbid for Yellow freight and the same applies to Yellow salesmen as well. If that's the case then how come there are all these stories about freight being diverted from one company to another, with Yellow usually being the recipient?

Just my 2 cents.... They'er gonna cut cost and that makes good business sense.. Don't look for any more drastic cuts.. Look, the cutting has already happened and now its time to get down to business.(Dugan closed, Reddway Bestway done they'er dill, Saia. Jevic,NewPeen all spun off) We still gonna see things that might not make sense at the time, but it will in the long run. The main thing is we don't loose any more jobs...We need all the Teamsters we can get...

Just my 2 cents.... They'er gonna cut cost and that makes good business sense.. Don't look for any more drastic cuts.. Look, the cutting has already happened and now its time to get down to business.(Dugan closed, Reddway Bestway done they'er dill, Saia. Jevic,NewPeen all spun off) We still gonna see things that might not make sense at the time, but it will in the long run. The main thing is we don't loose any more jobs...We need all the Teamsters we can get...

:smilie_132: who is new peen???