New Penn | diversion of work

Driver! If you are P&D why would you want to peddle into the interlline areas? That is a long commute without being on the clock because they wont start a peddle run from your terminal to an interline area. They want to linehual it to the area then start the Peddle run.

Just wondering, not critisizing. I know not getting the hours really stinks.

If they have men not working then they should open a terminal in the interline areas so drivers can feed their families.

The NMFA Article 32 spells it out. A lot of it comes down to 'past practice'. They give our freight away quite a bit while guys are laid off if they're not 'direct service points', or if they don't want to deal with accessorial issues, or if they can get away with it. Our steward works the IB shift, so we can keep an eye on it, like for trapping frieght for later in the week. I've been told that we only have claim on shipments over 10K lbs, but I couldn't tell you why. Doesn't make me feel any better when I'm laid off, though.

I'ts pretty cool what you can find online as far as good information, like this board, as an example. I was just digging around on the IBT site and found that. Found a couple other union-related sites too. Political contacts, heck, the White House even emails back...my Senator sends me updates.

That's why I'm sure there's a master switch out there for the freight, that someone shut off by accident last month...if you find it, please turn it back ON!!!

First, allnightrain44 sounds like management or company man.
I'm not telling mgmt how to run the company, just stating if choose to give work away that we can perform, you must work all seniority list employees.
Second, nmfa overrides any supplement. Ask any auto worker. You can call it what you want; the new word seems to be "outsourcing"/ when another company can do it cheaper and still make more money while members sit at home.

Thanks CF for the link- didn't know there was a whole site for that. Looks like it's in process, the last Northern New England one is, but not the current one.

Still trying to figure out if it's easier to carry a copy of the contract, or a whole laptop...:)

first off i'm not management, i would like to add more to that but if i'm not nice this whole respnse will be wipped out, so will let it at that. if doing my job 100% everyday for a good wage and benifits is a companyman, well so be it. it was explained to you by several people about cartage companys delivering freight of ours, and the reasons for doing so. outside normal delivery area and special cercumstances as to why . delivery's at times we are not in that area, no pick-ups etc. basically if it's a money loser to deliver even when everybody is working, it will be a real money loser when times are slow or no freight. and if you want to say look at what contract says. well, did you miss the part about past practice's, cause even if you want to ignore the part about loseing money on most of these cartage deliverys, or why they are given to said companys, past practice just blows your theory all to heck. but tell me something, where is this freight you say is being given away supposed to go, how far from your home terminal? what is the closest delivery area to where this missing freight is going?what kind off revenue are you giving away? if you load these 30-40 bills to one carrier, revenue is on bottom of your load sheet. how much revenue is your terminal giveing away each day? and since you have started to get this holland freight, have your guys been called back? i know #03 is sending at least and extra 3-4 buffalo loads a night up there plus what ever other terminals in system are sending to you. if you want a perfect life with perfect job and all things to go as you want, you sure made a bad choice of vocations when you got in to the trucking industry. while things are better now than ever, bottom line is you work when there is freight, and you sit when there isnt freight, and that will never change.