Yellow | Do A Thorough PTI!

I had my TM who came from a break bulk tell me that its normal to load 30k in the nose or 1/2 of a 53ft and then lighten it up as you fill the trailer up. Mind you this was merchandise for Walmart and it was ammo. We dont have anything in our fleet that can pull the hills where this DC is with 44k in the box. Ive always been told to load 1k a foot and you will be ok. This is the 2nd trailer on this board ive seen crumpled up. It just cant be someone always loading to heavy and not spreading the weight out it has to be something else.

It probably had a nose pole on it.
You are right. They did in October of 98. But did they put the pole down & was the pin inserted & locked properly? A bunch of very old Carolina trailers you had to be aware of. On a couple of occasions I forgot to put the pole down after I pulled out. After I was reminded about it a couple of times I always remembered.

You are right. They did in October of 98. But did they put the pole down & was the pin inserted & locked properly? A bunch of very old Carolina trailers you had to be aware of. On a couple of occasions I forgot to put the pole down after I pulled out. After I was reminded about it a couple of times I always remembered.
We had a guy who forgot to lift the pole before backing in. :shrug:

This situation doesn't make sense to me. The dock, at a union carrier, is telling a teamster to work around a safety problem, even though the contracts you guys sign are suppose to keep such things from happening. I work at a non union carrier and the dock, terminal management, and even Central Dispatch are deathly afraid of the Safety Department. The first whiff of a suggestion to let the Safety Department referee a dispute and they cave in faster than a sand tunnel.
Sounds like your supervisors have a healthy respect for the Safety Department & or the rules. Hard to perform your job while in traction. von.

This situation doesn't make sense to me. The dock, at a union carrier, is telling a teamster to work around a safety problem, even though the contracts you guys sign are suppose to keep such things from happening. I work at a non union carrier and the dock, terminal management, and even Central Dispatch are deathly afraid of the Safety Department. The first whiff of a suggestion to let the Safety Department referee a dispute and they cave in faster than a sand tunnel.
The contracts have no common sense language in them. People incorrectly load trailers all the time, and no one is held accountable.

I backed under a pup with the pole down and bent it just enough so that it wouldn't go up or down. The shop mechanic had a simple solution. He had me back further under the pup, which bent the pole even more , but dang if that sucker didn't drop straight to the ground.

I backed under a pup with the pole down and bent it just enough so that it wouldn't go up or down. The shop mechanic had a simple solution. He had me back further under the pup, which bent the pole even more , but dang if that sucker didn't drop straight to the ground.
They still have them bullnosed trailers around? Probably kept them and got rid of the good stuff way back.

They still have them bullnosed trailers around? Probably kept them and got rid of the good stuff way back.

They're lining up the junk trailers and they're being taken off the property.

cdgQXzB.jpg

Gotta do it. I would be embarrassed just pulling em off the lot.

Ex Local shop manager here had guy from scrap yard come over and bid on trailers to junk.
The trailer that was their to bid on had an all aluminum floor. They agreed on price and began pulling said trailers out of yard. They sat over at scrap yard for months before the job of cutting them up was started. That was when they found out that most of the trailers had wood floors. Suckers !!

Ex Local shop manager here had guy from scrap yard come over and bid on trailers to junk.
The trailer that was their to bid on had an all aluminum floor. They agreed on price and began pulling said trailers out of yard. They sat over at scrap yard for months before the job of cutting them up was started. That was when they found out that most of the trailers had wood floors. Suckers !!
:lmao:..... Full of holes too! Might be some aluminum patches in there. But I doubt that.

Years ago a local cartage company in Abq. shut down. They started selling off their trailers, some with freight still inside.
A friend of mine pulled one of these empty trailers out the yard of the truckline he worked for. It's still sitting in his backyard as a storage shed.

When the equipment comes apart on you, don't forget to tuck and roll out onto the ground, then wait for the ambulance there on the ground. Then call a lawyer.

Congratulations! you've just expressed the sentiment that explains exactly what is wrong with america today! No one want's to work! we all want to win the lottery or a lawsuit! Your granparents are rolling over in their graves and cursing your name....

ST

Congratulations! you've just expressed the sentiment that explains exactly what is wrong with america today! No one want's to work! we all want to win the lottery or a lawsuit! Your granparents are rolling over in their graves and cursing your name....

ST

Work myself to death, and die face down in the truck. No thanks, you can if you want. The union loves guys like you who donated 25 years of pension dollars to the hall. Institutionalized I think they call it. :violin:

Last edited:
Die face down? Where is there room in the cab to die face down? Slumped over maybe or leaning against the door but face down? No way! :hide:

Your not taking the average weight of a YRC driver into consideration. Face down or not they're going to hit the floor. That's a lot of weight to support.

Your not taking the average weight of a YRC driver into consideration. Face down or not they're going to hit the floor. That's a lot of weight to support.

I only see road tractors and with the boxes and stands on the right side it's next to impossible to reach the floor. :smile new: