R&L | Do something fast!!!!!!!!!

Credits
Guys don't wait around and see whats going to happen!!!!!! It will be to late..... Get out NOW!!!! Or get busy getting organized!!!!!! They are looking out for their company, i'm going to look out for my family!!!!!! I'm sitting on the fence should i stay to the end or get out while i can?? Good Luck to everyone whatever your choice will be:1036316054:....... I see no good coming out of this.

Guys don't wait around and see whats going to happen!!!!!! It will be to late..... Get out NOW!!!! Or get busy getting organized!!!!!! They are looking out for their company, i'm going to look out for my family!!!!!! I'm sitting on the fence should i stay to the end or get out while i can?? Good Luck to everyone whatever your choice will be:1036316054:....... I see no good coming out of this.

The first thing is you don,t need to do anything fast, so many times and so many people have done the wrong thing just because somebody cried wolf, so for in this early of the stage I have yet to see a wolf, just because you see a couple dead chickens around dosen,t mean there,s been a wolf there.

Everyone needs to becareful with this if the gun is jumped the doors will be closed, alot of you all know this to be the truth as will as I do. What they have said on the new message that was put out at our term. yesterday seems to make sense, I really do beleive they are trying to look out for us and in doing so they are taking care of the company also. If all this turns around and bits me in the butt well so be it, I found this job I do beleave I could find another one there not the only ones out there. So as I have said before if it comes to a vote mine will still be NO:tribehasspoken:

Go ahead Duck, GET OUT!!!!!:smilie_132:

The first thing is you don,t need to do anything fast, so many times and so many people have done the wrong thing just because somebody cried wolf, so for in this early of the stage I have yet to see a wolf, just because you see a couple dead chickens around dosen,t mean there,s been a wolf there.

Everyone needs to becareful with this if the gun is jumped the doors will be closed, alot of you all know this to be the truth as will as I do. What they have said on the new message that was put out at our term. yesterday seems to make sense, I really do beleive they are trying to look out for us and in doing so they are taking care of the company also. If all this turns around and bits me in the butt well so be it, I found this job I do beleave I could find another one there not the only ones out there. So as I have said before if it comes to a vote mine will still be NO:tribehasspoken:

Mine will be NO also....

Baby huey what kind of note did they give out?And you are right it is to early to do anything we need to watch our step and keep our noses clean.I just hope that everything is allgood but it is what it is.

Baby huey what kind of note did they give out?And you are right it is to early to do anything we need to watch our step and keep our noses clean.I just hope that everything is allgood but it is what it is.

It was the new msg a the TV in the drivers room with robby and I think the vp of operations, explaning what the lease driver,s are there for. it cleared alot of things up for me and made me feal better about all of this.

It was the new msg a the TV in the drivers room with robby and I think the vp of operations, explaning what the lease driver,s are there for. it cleared alot of things up for me and made me feal better about all of this.

The one in our drivers room don't have the sound up that would help

it's the same way in our terminal. the tm has the volume set so they don't have to hear it all day. the controls on the tv don't even work. they apparently rigged the tv like the tractors so we can't tamper with it.

I watched the same video. I understand what they are doing. It makes sense, they are using "flex" labor to help us NOT replace us. I am glad someone is doing something. Like they said in the video, those carriers that don't adapt, don't survive.

Well I hope thats true however if you were them would you tell the employees that it is going to replace them or would you as a big wig at the company lie to your employees to keep them like mushrooms in the dark so no one gets any ideas.

I watched the same video. I understand what they are doing. It makes sense, they are using "flex" labor to help us NOT replace us. I am glad someone is doing something. Like they said in the video, those carriers that don't adapt, don't survive.

That's the impression I've been getting here lately as well.

our t.v. didn't work for a couple of days. I called the help desk in Wilmington and it was working the next day. If it isn't working call the help desk. You never know what you may be missing out on.

twotired2care

This is my first response but I follow you guys on a daily basis. I for one don't want my hours cut but I also have two kids and a wife at home. If our income becomes less then it's our responsibility to cut our expenses or figure out a way to bring in more income. In the past year trucking bankruptcies have more than doubled. I've been with R&L over 10 years, we live in a modest home in a nice area, my kids go to a good school. The same thing can happen to R&L that has happened to Jevic & Alvin & I for one don't want to give up what I have & move to another job. I say give it time to see what happens, because I haven't seen anywhere that the grass is greener.

Raymond James Equity Research

UPS,YRCW

YRCW: Central States Back to "Critical Status" [YRCW081908b_160302]
Analyst(s): William H. Fisher
[Industry Classification: Business & Industrial Services/Logistics Services]

Last week, the board of trustees of the Central States pension plan provided an updated net asset position for 2Q08. As of June 30, the plan held $23.7 billion in total net assets, down 11.4% or $2.2 billion from the beginning of the year. Recall, these figures include the $6.1 billion UPS (UPS/$65.37/Strong Buy) paid to exit the plan at the end of 2007. While actual investment returns are difficult to derive (as the plan pays out roughly 7% of its assets each year net of contributions), the drop in assets over 1H08 was clearly a function of the weak equity markets and are weighing on the fund's solvency. Again, given the RPA 94 liability (i.e. the liability used to calculate the fund's funded status) is calculated at the end of the year, the aforementioned statement does not mention liability levels. That said, in a significant change of rhetoric, the board of trustees noted that on March 24, 2008 that the fund's actuary certified the pension fund to be in "critical status."

On the heels of the plan being deemed "critical status," by law (i.e. the Pension Protection Act of 2006) the plan must develop a "rehabilitation plan" to improve the funded status. In a broad outline, the "rehabilitation plan" contains two separate courses of action: the "Primary Schedule" and the "Default Schedule." The Primary Schedule requires each contributing employer to agree to five years of 8% annual contribution increases in order to maintain current benefit levels. The Default Schedule calls for the reduction of certain "adjustable benefits" (i.e. all benefits other than contribution based) coupled with 4% annual contribution inflation. If in 180 days the bargaining parties have not chosen a course of action, the default schedule will be imposed as a matter of the law. To note, of the parties who have voted, some 99% have voted for the Primary Schedule.

In June, two companies (Performance Transportation Services and Alvan Motor Freight) encompassing over 1,200 employees (roughly 1.3% of active participants) filed for bankruptcy. Again, due to the nature of the multi-employer plans, the companies "left standing" are liable for the employees' pensions of companies that have failed before them. Again, we view this as a game of "musical chairs" that you do not want to win, as failures only prove to reduce contributions though still require substantial long-term liabilities for the remaining companies.

The Bottom Line:

1.) The Central States plan continues to be in "dire straits" despite the huge cash infusion from UPS in late 2007. The weak equity markets, low interest rates, a very high 7% net payout ratio, ongoing company failures, and continued likely hour cuts at YRC Worldwide continue to significantly weigh on the plan's solvency. Keep in mind that hours worked are the funding "unit," thus YRC Worldwide's whopping 12% decline in 2Q08 volumes is likely driving a similar hours worked decline for the largest company in the fund.

2.) For the first time benefit cuts have surfaced as a key possibility in the rehabilitation of the Central States plan. Collectively, we surmise that benefit cuts could become the remedy of choice in the future, and our view continues to be this trend could prove to materially disrupt morale and service.

Sorry this is so long, thought you guys might want to see it, or should see it...the pain of a tough economy affects all...You can check these guys on line, they specialize in equity research and are a member of the NYSE...

This is my first response but I follow you guys on a daily basis. I for one don't want my hours cut but I also have two kids and a wife at home. If our income becomes less then it's our responsibility to cut our expenses or figure out a way to bring in more income. In the past year trucking bankruptcies have more than doubled. I've been with R&L over 10 years, we live in a modest home in a nice area, my kids go to a good school. The same thing can happen to R&L that has happened to Jevic & Alvin & I for one don't want to give up what I have & move to another job. I say give it time to see what happens, because I haven't seen anywhere that the grass is greener.

As long as we keep making the company that green we should be ok.we all have to look on the up side.

"two tired" makes a great point - the grass is not greener on the other side.

after seeing the video on the news center in the driving room, in my mind it makes perfect sense what their doing and i have not heard of any cases where drivers have lost their jobs. quite frankly i think its pretty cool that we are kept informed of whats going on.

by the way, i received a fuel dvd in the mail today from r+l. this was pretty informative. just another example in my mind of the owners keeping us informed and educated.

Everybody needs to keep an open mind about this. Don't listen to rumors. It is smart business sense to look down the road months and years ahead to where this company wants to be, still in business. They are planning for that right now. You don't start losing your *** and then say 'what happened'. R&L is financially sound and they want to stay that way. Every freight company out there is doing something to save money and to stay profitable along with growth. We all have very good jobs here with very good benefits, so I for one support what their doing.