ABF | DO THE MATH!

Muler

TB Veteran
Credits
Well Brothers I got my letter from CSPF today and I am not happy. It looks as though if you are a member that has worked for an employer that has paid the top freight pension rate and you have never worked for a ORPHAN company then you will be getting a 48% cut to your pension.

This doesn't include any penalties for early retirement age 62 or 65 which ever group you fall in.

It also said that yrc will have to start increasing their contribution by two and three percent starting in 2019. Good luck with that Brothers. No mention of them having to pay full rates.

They may reduce the UPS transfer groups, but if they do UPS will kick in the difference. Remember I say they MAY cut theirs.

They are going to cut ours but they MAY NOT cut the UPS pensions because then UPS would have to spend money. And after all they wouldn't want that now would they?

NOW THEY HAVE GIVEN US SOMETHING ELSE TO CRY ABOUT OTHER THAN UNIFORMS.

For those that are now called ORPHANS you will be cut to the bone. I am sorry to hear that my Brothers are going to to forced to work longer than they wanted. And many will die without seeing one day of retirement.

But it could be worse but I just can't see how. YOUR CAN COLLECTING BROTHER ALWAYS!

Well Brothers I got my letter from CSPF today and I am not happy. It looks as though if you are a member that has worked for an employer that has paid the top freight pension rate and you have never worked for a ORPHAN company then you will be getting a 48% cut to your pension.

This doesn't include any penalties for early retirement age 62 or 65 which ever group you fall in.

It also said that yrc will have to start increasing their contribution by two and three percent starting in 2019. Good luck with that Brothers. No mention of them having to pay full rates.

They may reduce the UPS transfer groups, but if they do UPS will kick in the difference. Remember I say they MAY cut theirs.

They are going to cut ours but they MAY NOT cut the UPS pensions because then UPS would have to spend money. And after all they wouldn't want that now would they?

For those that are now called ORPHANS you will be cut to the bone. I am sorry to hear that my Brothers are going to to forced to work longer than they wanted. And many will die without seeing one day of retirement.

But it could be worse but I just can't see how. YOUR CAN COLLECTING BROTHER ALWAYS!
Got my letter, ABF/Carolina my whole career. Pension cut 50%.

Got my letter, ABF/Carolina my whole career. Pension cut 50%.
Nice to see our union doing so much about it too. I want a buy out and a company 401k. why would anyone trust central states to not come back for more after some more companies go out. Its ridiculous our pensions are not put in our names in the first place. That would have solved all these problems in the first place.

G
Nice to see our union doing so much about it too. I want a buy out and a company 401k. why would anyone trust central states to not come back for more after some more companies go out. Its ridiculous our pensions are not put in our names in the first place. That would have solved all these problems in the first place.
If ABF didn't have the liability they would give us nothing.

Muler, were you with Carolina, before ABF purchased you all ? I do not understand. I started a thread on YRC saying I need help, please read it.

Still working and fifteen years to go NOW!!
OK, let me get this right. You are still active working. Did your letter tell you that when you do retire you will take a 30% cut on the earned pension to this date, with a chance to add to the old cut total by working more years? Is that what is being said? Just trying to get this correct. MY cut 52%, so I feel you pain. Thank you.

yes the cut is 28% need to keep working.TAX will be 13%. Life
I have a question.i got my letter and cut. They took 3 1/2 years away due to Yellow not paying in from 2009 thru 2011 and then only paying .25 in. All of my time was with Yellow. 56% with lost years and cuts.
So, are the ABF guys who have paid 100% for the entire contract, having to endure these same cuts because they are under the Master Freight Agreement and I use that lightly.

I only have a few years in but, my letter specifically says the $5 hundred and something already in there will stay and future contributions will be at 75%. Am I reading something wrong on here?

I have a question.i got my letter and cut. They took 3 1/2 years away due to Yellow not paying in from 2009 thru 2011 and then only paying .25 in. All of my time was with Yellow. 56% with lost years and cuts.
So, are the ABF guys who have paid 100% for the entire contract, having to endure these same cuts because they are under the Master Freight Agreement and I use that lightly.
Yes they are. I worked for ABF/Carolina for 27 years and my pension is being cut 50%.

I only have a few years in but, my letter specifically says the $5 hundred and something already in there will stay and future contributions will be at 75%. Am I reading something wrong on here?
Your future contributions will be credited at .75% not 75%.

Your future contributions will be credited at .75% not 75%.
I believe that the multiplier is going to be .75 for now, that can and probably will change with market results in years to come. These cuts really bite and I would not be surprised if some guys ummm......errrr.......uuuuuuu make the news over this. If this went on in a Muslim country it'd be international news already.

Yes they are. I worked for ABF/Carolina for 27 years and my pension is being cut 50%.
I am so sorry to hear that. You folks did nothing to cause this. Not that the rest of us did either but you guys are still putting in 100%. God Bless Everyone

I am so sorry to hear that. You folks did nothing to cause this. Not that the rest of us did either but you guys are still putting in 100%. God Bless Everyone
Thanks Volnuck, but we have to blame somebody, will you take the blame? Is the money in the Caymans? Could you spare a dime?

SIMPLE SOLUTION....STRIKE!! ABF as well as YRC have the money!!