ABF | DO THE MATH!

I worked 5 years at yrc and 5 at ABF. mine shows it went from $1265 to $1242. Thats only 2%. How are others cut at 50% working just for ABF?
Read the date that you will get the $1242. You took a 50% cut like the rest of us.

Read the date that you will get the $1242. You took a 50% cut like the rest of us.
When I turn 65. You still accumulate years tell you get there. It shows how many years of service i have. I didn't take a 50% cut. The statement shows your old number and then it shows your new number. It's $20 difference not 50% different. You still accumulate at a rate of .75% until then after and if this thing takes effect. Its 1% now.

Last edited:
When I turn 65. You still accumulate years tell you get there. It shows how many years of service i have. I didn't take a 50% cut. The statement shows your old number and then it shows your new number. It's $20 difference not 50% different. You still accumulate at a rate of .75% until then after and if this thing takes effect. Its 1% now.
They have not changed the amount you would get now. You have to do the math. They gave you what you will make at 65. And according to you there is a $20.00 difference. That means you have to work all those years to get 20.00 less than you are entitled to right now.

12xvOu5.jpg

This shows how we can still accrue our pensions strait off their sight.

see you have to work to 2040 in order to get $20.00 less than you have now. See it now.look at the line above the amount the date us 2040.[/QUOTE]
Its that plus future accrued money. 25 years on their example. Which is a master freight agreement would add 3300 dollars. The number on the sheet is what 9.4 years is paying me

see you have to work to 2040 in order to get $20.00 less than you have now. See it now.look at the line above the amount the date us 2040.
Its that plus future accrued money. 25 years on their example. Which is a master freight agreement would add 3300 dollars. The number on the sheet is what 9.4 years is paying me[/QUOTE]
I can't explain it any better. If you believe we are being cut at least 50% and your not then god bless you. But when I look at your print out it tells me that you are going to be really surprised.

S

see you have to work to 2040 in order to get $20.00 less than you have now. See it now.look at the line above the amount the date us 2040.
I am not seeing that he has to work that long, I see that that is what he is eligible for if he quit and took his retirement in 2040 (25 years from now). Should he work another 25 years and all else remains the same he should accumulate another $1800+-/month (Which ain't a hell of a lot for 25 years).

Its that plus future accrued money. 25 years on their example. Which is a master freight agreement would add 3300 dollars. The number on the sheet is what 9.4 years is paying me
I can't explain it any better. If you believe we are being cut at least 50% and your not then god bless you. But when I look at your print out it tells me that you are going to be really surprised.[/QUOTE]
If your rite though i've been cut into the negative zone because future earned pension funds do not add up to only 1242. Their example shows 10 future years on a master freight contract. It shows 1333 for an additional 10 years. I've got 25 tell im 65. Those numbers just don't add up. i guess I'll have to wait tell the meeting cause none of central states examples are coming out at all.

I am not seeing that he has to work that long, I see that that is what he is eligible for if he quit and took his retirement in 2040 (25 years from now). Should he work another 25 years and all else remains the same he should accumulate another $1800+-/month (Which ain't a hell of a lot for 25 years).
I hope your rite! If not I'll be leaving this place in a hurry. Along with everyone else i work with.

This isn't a strike issue, the company has nothing to do with this dilemma. There can be no strike until the contract expires unless the company does something drastically wrong.

It is a strike issue...the company and the union are 2 sleazy peas in a pod sitting on a mountain of stolen cash..You'd be surprised how quickly both the union and the company would find a solution to this "dilemma". If current workers don't protect the retirees, who's gonna protect the current workers(it certainly won't be Hoffa)?....Hoffa's gotta go and people gotta WALK!!

If I had to make a call on your amount you would get according to the math it would be around $4025.96 in the year 2040. That would be calculating your first ten years with a 50% reduction adjusting that and then adding a $133.00 actuarial for the next 25 years starting on 1/1/2015.

you would be one of the lucky ones because you have 25 years to work. People like me don't and therefore all my first 36 years will get cut by 50%.

And all the retirees will get cut by at least 50% and some even more for ORPHAN years. Now does it add up for you?

If I had to make a call on your amount you would get according to the math it would be around $4025.96 in the year 2040. That would be calculating your first ten years with a 50% reduction adjusting that and then adding a $133.00 actuarial for the next 25 years starting on 1/1/2015.

you would be one of the lucky ones because you have 25 years to work. People like me don't and therefore all my first 36 years will get cut by 50%.

And all the retirees will get cut by at least 50% and some even more for ORPHAN years. Now does it add up for you?
It does seem pretty clear to me that central states is lying to us all. They are telling guys with a lot of earning time left they will get a fortune and in turn stealing from guys almost there. Even with these cuts I do not see this fund lasting tell 2040 or even close to it. Its a lie to keep this money machine rolling. Thirty five years the way this thing works now wouldn't have got me 4000 a month. Obviously they are putting out carrots to steal some more money. 342 a week is over 622000 in 30 years. With compound interest it would have been more than double with seperate accounts in our own names.

It does seem pretty clear to me that central states is lying to us all. They are telling guys with a lot of earning time left they will get a fortune and in turn stealing from guys almost there. Even with these cuts I do not see this fund lasting tell 2040 or even close to it. Its a lie to keep this money machine rolling. Thirty five years the way this thing works now wouldn't have got me 4000 a month. Obviously they are putting out carrots to steal some more money. 342 a week is over 622000 in 30 years. With compound interest it would have been more than double with seperate accounts in our own names.
$340 a week at 4% interest for 30 years would give you $1,022,334.72

I think my numbers are pretty much spot on. Do you agree