XPO | Do we still hire CDL drivers?

i agree that 5 yrs ago con-way wasn't a bad place to work. i just quit yesterday morning after 5 yrs. i've just kept drinking the blue kool ade thinking it was going to get better but imo its heading downhill fast. They need to get their priorities in order cause they're way out of wack. Many more at my barn seeing the same thing and looking hard for something else.

Good luck to you sir. I totally agree with you , So take the five years of ltl experience you earned and find a good job in this industry if you choose to stay , there are a number of freight company's that would love to have you on board!

A long time guy brought this up the other day... So they tell us we have a " Cadillac " plan. That means yearly cost of over $27,500 per employee. And they told us, straight up, that they will take the $3000 per employee bail out to not continue providing company health care. Leaving the company $24,500 to the good per employee. How much of that do you think that any of us will see ? It was part of our compensation package. Was. He said.

Cadillac plan my ass... More like a 69 Volkswagen on a 1/4 tank of gas 'plan'.. If they choose to take the bail option and put more burdon on these employees over this so called great insurance , There will be a mass exodus of drivers from this company . And also the management told us that they think we are over paid in the south per industry standards.

Cadillac plan my ass... More like a 69 Volkswagen on a 1/4 tank of gas 'plan'.. If they choose to take the bail option and put more burdon on these employees over this so called great insurance , There will be a mass exodus of drivers from this company . And also the management told us that they think we are over paid in the south per industry standards.

Lol yeah. I know of at least 4 other non-union lines in the south that pay more than us.

And they told us, straight up, that they will take the $3000 per employee bail out to not continue providing company health care. Leaving the company $24,500 to the good per employee.

Who told you they were going to do that? Someone high up in the company, I assume.

The reason is obvious, but not for the reason you imply. If the fella really said this to a group of people, what's the harm of telling us his name?

We were told the same thing when the guy that does the videos and a bunch of his minions were in visiting last year. 2014 no more company sponsored insurance.

We were told the same thing when the guy that does the videos and a bunch of his minions were in visiting last year. 2014 no more company sponsored insurance.

I spoke with the guy that does the videos recently, and he never mentioned it.

He did say something about a 401k increase for new hires, though.

The reason is obvious, but not for the reason you imply. If the fella really said this to a group of people, what's the harm of telling us his name?

If you don't see the harm, that doesn't mean it isn't there. He said it during a town hall meeting.

no, it is not different rules for different service centers. The value of training is $3000.00. Quit the company within one year after completing the class and a pro-rated amount will be determined and pursued for repayment. Leave after 6 months and the amount would be $1500.

someone who doesn't know what they are talking about, imagine that
and pursued for repayment !???? that right their is funny.

well i worked for conway once i moved out here from kansas. stayed about 3 months. wow i just couldnt take the yelling and screaming everyday i got over that very quickly. then the calling in for my start time i would waste a whole day calling them. they would say just call me back in an hour. as far as my training well it was suppose to be for a couple of weeks but after 3 days they cut me loose i didnt even know the system and paper work or anything. i remember one of the last days i was there the temp was extremely hot one of the hot shots from conway was comming so everyone was trying to get the terminal nice a pretty. one of the guys was extremely over heated to point he almost passed out. the terminal manager came out said he could rest 5 min. later he came out and said get back to work. that was it for me i just couldnt believe that you could treat someone like that. the grass sometimes is greener on the other side you just have to find the right grass.

Lol, really surprised he got five minutes ... Don't care about the health of the employee , had to get the poles painted and the floor swept first !!!

well i worked for conway once i moved out here from kansas. stayed about 3 months. wow i just couldnt take the yelling and screaming everyday i got over that very quickly. then the calling in for my start time i would waste a whole day calling them. they would say just call me back in an hour. as far as my training well it was suppose to be for a couple of weeks but after 3 days they cut me loose i didnt even know the system and paper work or anything. i remember one of the last days i was there the temp was extremely hot one of the hot shots from conway was comming so everyone was trying to get the terminal nice a pretty. one of the guys was extremely over heated to point he almost passed out. the terminal manager came out said he could rest 5 min. later he came out and said get back to work. that was it for me i just couldnt believe that you could treat someone like that. the grass sometimes is greener on the other side you just have to find the right grass.
You must have worked at ltu... I see this everyday, and they wonder why the turnover is so high around here .

not sure where that is but this terminal was in portsmouth,va i believe that was the city. its been awhile since i have been there. but got a job at saia for awhile til it went into the crapper now at odfl.

Well if that don't work out at od , come on down we have plenty of spots open.. But you better hurry ' the waiting line is out the gate.. lol !