Do we still promote from within?

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by icuicp, Aug 15, 2010.

1. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

What's the highest ranking former driver you know?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2010
  2. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member

I know one that is in employee relations.I think he used to be an SCM but I'm not sure.

3. Gunner119

Gunner119 Member

They tell us they promote from within but I have not see a driver advance in years. I know several drivers that would make a lot better sales reps than some of the ones we have. BUT flat out there is no way they would ever promote a driver to a sales rep position. The only thing they occasionally do is let a driver go to dispatcher which means a pay cut.

4. wonderring99

wonderring99 Well-Known Member

They hiring college edgumacated types now .. I dont recall anyone in my travels being any higher than a simple fos ..

5. companyclown

companyclown Nosey Mother Trucker

I know of dsrs turned scms......2 of them actually. xhp and nfy scms are previous dsrs. been wrote up by both of them in my time.........come on!!

6. Merdock

Merdock Kool-aid-aholic

Bob P., Director of Safety, former driver that still holds his CDL. Account manager @ XGR, former driver. Regional Safety Larry F., also former driver. A full time dock worker gets an interview for FOS on Tuesday.

7. cmsdock

cmsdock Active Member

I was told that you need to have a degree to get into management.

8. Gunner119

Gunner119 Member

How long ago were they promoted? I know a former Driver turned SCM that was one heck of a Terminal Manager. When they started this College Degree crap they shuffled him to a Terminal they knew he would want out of. Now he left that Terminal and they are in the progress of working him out the door. That whole thing started on Black Friday. Black Friday was the beginning of getting Uncle Jerry's people out the door and this new breed of Frat Boys in place.

9. doppler

doppler Active Member

testing testing is this thing on??? 1.2.3:hide:

10. doppler

doppler Active Member

damn, speaking of hireing with in... i was a senior member and got bumped to a junior member..... even with out an l.o.i.

11. DragRacer

DragRacer Suicide Jockey

Wasn't Miller a driver? Or did he mutate from account rep/FOM type status? Can't remember...

12. Dodge Ram

Dodge Ram Well-Known Member

As far as I remember being told, Fat Beard started out as a FOS or a greeter. Management wants to hire off of the street because they don't want a ex driver to show them how a real LTL company should be ran.

13. rattlehead

rattlehead he said member uh huh huh

bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha:bananapartyhat:

14. rattlehead

rattlehead he said member uh huh huh

I have only been here since march of this year, but I did work for CCX for 4 mnths back in '99. It seems to me there were more "men" supervisors then, (and I don't mean there are females at the helm). There are alot of the college "edumacated" guys out there now that I see giving guys crap when they don't have the freight knowledge to burn a match with if it were fuel. I have been fairly lucky to be able to tell most of them I have 20+yrs freight exp. and they leave me alone, even before I got my blue shirts, but some of the new guys to the biz I have seen going crazy cuz the college boys were picking on them.

15. companyclown

companyclown Nosey Mother Trucker

hoptown promotion was a while ago, fayette was about two years ago. Both still with the company.

16. bigfoot077

bigfoot077 Who's your daddy!

SCM and that is just not really thinking long and hard.

17. rightturn

rightturn Member

former president-Jerry Detter

18. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

Rightturn , what barn did Jerry Detter start out of? Was he more driver-friendly since he was one before?

19. rightturn

rightturn Member

do not remember what barn, but believe ha was a former cfer, and yes he said it many times that the drivers were what made con-way what it was.

20. sweep993

sweep993 New Member

I have been with Con-way for 10 yrs, I applied for an open FOS position at our SIC 4 months ago and have not heard a thing. The position has not been filled yet. I have been a dock lead, and backup FOS for 5 yrs.