XPO | Do we still promote from within?

They tell us they promote from within but I have not see a driver advance in years. I know several drivers that would make a lot better sales reps than some of the ones we have. BUT flat out there is no way they would ever promote a driver to a sales rep position. The only thing they occasionally do is let a driver go to dispatcher which means a pay cut.

I know of dsrs turned scms......2 of them actually. xhp and nfy scms are previous dsrs. been wrote up by both of them in my time.........come on!!

Bob P., Director of Safety, former driver that still holds his CDL. Account manager @ XGR, former driver. Regional Safety Larry F., also former driver. A full time dock worker gets an interview for FOS on Tuesday.

I know of dsrs turned scms......2 of them actually. xhp and nfy scms are previous dsrs. been wrote up by both of them in my time.........come on!!

How long ago were they promoted? I know a former Driver turned SCM that was one heck of a Terminal Manager. When they started this College Degree crap they shuffled him to a Terminal they knew he would want out of. Now he left that Terminal and they are in the progress of working him out the door. That whole thing started on Black Friday. Black Friday was the beginning of getting Uncle Jerry's people out the door and this new breed of Frat Boys in place.

damn, speaking of hireing with in... i was a senior member and got bumped to a junior member..... even with out an l.o.i.

As far as I remember being told, Fat Beard started out as a FOS or a greeter. Management wants to hire off of the street because they don't want a ex driver to show them how a real LTL company should be ran.

I have only been here since march of this year, but I did work for CCX for 4 mnths back in '99. It seems to me there were more "men" supervisors then, (and I don't mean there are females at the helm). There are alot of the college "edumacated" guys out there now that I see giving guys crap when they don't have the freight knowledge to burn a match with if it were fuel. I have been fairly lucky to be able to tell most of them I have 20+yrs freight exp. and they leave me alone, even before I got my blue shirts, but some of the new guys to the biz I have seen going crazy cuz the college boys were picking on them.

Rightturn , what barn did Jerry Detter start out of? Was he more driver-friendly since he was one before?

do not remember what barn, but believe ha was a former cfer, and yes he said it many times that the drivers were what made con-way what it was.

I have been with Con-way for 10 yrs, I applied for an open FOS position at our SIC 4 months ago and have not heard a thing. The position has not been filled yet. I have been a dock lead, and backup FOS for 5 yrs.