ABF | Do we want tyson or someone else negotiating for us?

Do you want johnson or someone else in charge?

• Total voters

Muler

TB Veteran
Credits
Since the IBT is not talking to us about our contract maybe it is time we start talking. Let's hear your ideas about what you would like to see addressed. Is pension protection a major concern or is there another area you would like to see addressed? And will we be demanding a more informative negotiating system and people to be put into place this contract?

IMO...Tyson shouldn't be anywhere near the talks...unless...of course...there's an overwhelming response for him to do so...lol

My question is, if Tyson isn't smart (or honest) enough to represent us in the upcoming talks what the heck is the union paying him for?? Muler, Obiwon of facts, I'm sure you can find out how much we (the union) are wasting here, and post it for us...:duh:
PS. Please if you can, fix the title of this thread... thx... (makes me crazy for some reason)

My question is, if Tyson isn't smart (or honest) enough to represent us in the upcoming talks what the heck is the union paying him for?? Muler, Obiwon of facts, I'm sure you can find out how much we (the union) are wasting here, and post it for us...:duh:
PS. Please if you can, fix the title of this thread... thx... (makes me crazy for some reason)
Is that better?

Tyson Johnson $188,095- Total salary ---------$224,056- Total Comp.

Teamsters' 2011 $150,000 Club Full Report

Oh no...so far it's 5 votes for no and a big fat zero for yes...according to Tyson way of looking at things...it looks like he has an overwhelming response so far...lol

My vote is for major concentration and focus on pension protection. Pension earned, pension entitlement. We EARN it, PROTECT IT. No give-a-ways. :6788:
Since the IBT is not talking to us about our contract maybe it is time we start talking. Let's hear your ideas about what you would like to see addressed. Is pension protection a major concern or is there another area you would like to see addressed? And will we be demanding a more informative negotiating system and people to be put into place this contract?

Tyson Johnson $188,095- Total salary ---------$224,056- Total Comp.

Teamsters' 2011 $150,000 Club Full Report
Yes and this does not include his pension cost that are paid. He has a pension that 6% of all the dues collected in the Southern region goes into a pension fund for elected officials of the Southern Locals. In other words grovercxl the turncoat is sitting pretty well off. YOUR SHAKING HIS HEAD IN DISGUST BROTHER ALWAYS!

For its short life span this thread is on fire, now we need more participants.

Your right ABFer we need more ABF Brothers to not only read this thread but to comment on it also. Thanks.

You talk about what Tyson is getting paid, does any body no what yellow pays him to help with there yes votes?

Aha, Brother Ziper! Good Point! The whole YRC thing stunk on ice...especially the "Vote till you get it right" part. And the "Let's terrorize the ABF employees with closure and job-loss and general doom and gloom." part just prior to our wage concession vote.....yeah, that part stunk too.....On Ice......How about we use the results of this poll to have the IBT declare a vote of "No Confidence" in Mr. Johnson? (....yeah, in my dreams....) Seriously, the National Labor Relations Board could have a say in whether the majority of ABF people feel Mr. Johnson has a "conflict of interest" and is "not negotiating in good faith". I wonder if Mr. Johnson and the IBT take all these hard feelings seriously....or are they consoling themselves with the idea that it's just a "small bunch of malcontents"?..............Not a word from the IBT, huh?

Well Mr Canary, as it looks like you have noticed, we the freight haulers are in the minority anymore and those on Looseiana Avenue know it. Yep, we are a bunch of malcontents, selfish malcontents at that. We should feel lucky to have the jobs we have and take the pot of gold that the inhabitants on Looseiana Ave "give" us. Fortunately all it takes is one of us to have a little know how to keep them in check. And I sense that we have more than the minimum necessary to keep our best interests up front. Not to mention the ass burning they are feeling over the YRC dealings right now.