ABF | Do we want tyson or someone else negotiating for us?

Do you want johnson or someone else in charge?

• Total voters
IMO...Joe is right about this one Slystone...there are many Teamsters that do not support Obama and I for one resented the fact that Jr. made the statement about us being Obama's Teamster army!

me too! Although I have already have made my choice hands down it sucks that some have to make a choice between a pro union democrat that is our strongest pro union advocate in many many years but at the same time is a closet communist that intends on changing this country "fundamentally". If he gets elected again you will see his true colors and we will see changes BIG CHANGES. I truly believe that man is a pro PUBLIC union advocate and doesn't much care about unions in the private sector except to get himself elected. Sorry, I know this thread is not about Barrack Hussein Obama so I will stop. I want to say that I left out a part of what I was trying to say earlier, what I meant was is that I am hoping the Teamsters union will not try and make ABF make huge pension payments above and beyond what they are paying now to try and make up for the lack of money they have lost from YRC and all the businesses that have gone out, that will hurt ABF employees wages and benefits. I do not have a problem with them putting into the pension as long as they do not overwhelm ABF with this burden.

I remember that very well Truxforever! That was the first of many lies told by Tyson when it came to the concessions. I can also recall how he stated in his conference call how he wasn't even going to enter talks with ABF unless he had an overwhelming response to do so from the ABF Teamsters...how he declared freight local unions from across the country overwhelmingly endorsed an economic relief plan before the meetings with the rank and file at the locals were even concluded.Remember this article?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=due%20to%20an%20overwhelming%20response%20from%20the%20abf%20teamsters&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDQQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamster.org%2Fsites%2Fteamster.org%2Ffiles%2FABFFreightNews42010bw.pdf&ei=G-85UIfdGMbY2gXckIHoCw&usg=AFQjCNFyJnUVefY6QVYppX0HcA5NoJ88cg&cad=rja

Docker I do also remember that one, that was another one he told. If it was so overwhelmingley endorsed by local freight unions and members why didn't it pass. I am glad that the ABF teamsters saw the real writing on the wall.

The TurnCoat told many false things. I can;t see why anyone from the Teamster side or company side would believe anything he says. I don't know about you all but once someone lies to me like I feel he did I have no trust in him again. We paid him to watch out for our best interest. And if he feels he has to mislead us to see things his way then he has got to go.
If we can't trust our National Freight Director then there is a problem. And just look at what our president has done to him. He has not came out and denounced all the under handed tactics the TurnCoat used against us. So I my self put him in the same category.
Gordon Sweeton will get one chance to place his name in the Teamster Book as a fair and just Representative of the Rank and File.
Now I hope Gordon has the courage to fight for our rights and not cave in to the proven weak and shady tactics his predecessors used against us.
Some on here know that the UE/Road driver COO that was inked by Gordon and John Dale was not completely done by the book. But with that said many agreed that it was a necessity.
But don't be fooled Gordon we ABF Teamsters will be watching these talks closely. We don't need no secrets we need facts.
yrc Teamsters were forced to vote without all the facts and many of us seen that as a slap in all Teamsters faces. And that vote until you see it the way they want tactic was disgraceful.
So I for one hope you stay strong enough to do the right thing for your Teamster Brothers and Sisters. Do the right thing Gordon and you will have our respect for ever. YOUR ROOTING FOR GORDON SWEETON BROTHER ALWAYS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want Johnson or someone else in charge? What difference does it make who the lead negotiator is? You all will be doing the voting. So you cannot blame anyone for the outcome. Like you blamed Tyson for the outcome of the YRC vote. Remember, when the going gets rough the rough get going:popcorn:

Do you want Johnson or someone else in charge? What difference does it make who the lead negotiator is? You all will be doing the voting. So you cannot blame anyone for the outcome. Like you blamed Tyson for the outcome of the YRC vote. Remember, when the going gets rough the rough get going:popcorn:
That's right joe. We have been telling you for months that we will decide our future not anyone else. I am glad you finally see the light. YOUR FLASH LIGHT CARRYING BROTHER ALWAYS!

The only problem with someone like the TEXASS TURNCOAT leading the talks is we would be limited to what we may get to vote on. But I think we have found a loophole so as to force the IBT into only negotiating on the matters we want discussed. YOUR WORKING HARD BROTHER ALWAYS!

The only problem with someone like the TEXASS TURNCOAT leading the talks is we would be limited to what we may get to vote on. But I think we have found a loophole so as to force the IBT into only negotiating on the matters we want discussed. YOUR WORKING HARD BROTHER ALWAYS!

Will you address the company's concerns given they will likely want to push you back..way back. I think the IBT will decide on the pension whether it should be altered or not

Will you address the company's concerns given they will likely want to push you back..way back. I think the IBT will decide on the pension whether it should be altered or not
No joe we will decide on everything that concerns us. The one good thing that came out of the yrc Teamsters getting hosed was we know now not to trust anyone. We will demand answers to questions before voting. This will not be a cake walk for anybody. We will be just fine. YOUR SEEING THE SILVER LINING BROTHER ALWAYS!

Yes!! Remember that if you aren't fully satisfied that you know what is in the contract VOTE NO!! Until they fully explain it to your satisfaction.
The yrcw mess has taught us not to settle for vague language that a third grader could write. And for gods sake dont let them tell you it says something when you can read it and it says something different or its not in there at all. (it happened A LOT in the give back votes)

me too! Although I have already have made my choice hands down it sucks that some have to make a choice between a pro union democrat that is our strongest pro union advocate in many many years but at the same time is a closet communist that intends on changing this country "fundamentally". If he gets elected again you will see his true colors and we will see changes BIG CHANGES. I truly believe that man is a pro PUBLIC union advocate and doesn't much care about unions in the private sector except to get himself elected. Sorry, I know this thread is not about Barrack Hussein Obama so I will stop. I want to say that I left out a part of what I was trying to say earlier, what I meant was is that I am hoping the Teamsters union will not try and make ABF make huge pension payments above and beyond what they are paying now to try and make up for the lack of money they have lost from YRC and all the businesses that have gone out, that will hurt ABF employees wages and benefits. I do not have a problem with them putting into the pension as long as they do not overwhelm ABF with this burden.

It will hurt more then just ABF. It will hurt everybody, union, and non-union. I will also hurt people not even in the trucking business.