XPO | do Y'all have DSR's that don't drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other companies probably aren't such hard ass's on accidentally damaging equipment like XPO is. Never worked at a company that tried so hard to fire their much needed drivers like this one, just over minor stuff other companies wouldn't bat an eyelash at .
If you haven't figured it out yet, but any and all accident are the drivers fault. This safety dept will find a way to blame the you. We all know this because I sure everyone at one time or another you were talk to about being a half second to close to the car when the camera goes off.

Does a 48 pay more? I have seen a lot of hero's filling out accident reports, if they don't feel comfortable don't do it. One of your drivers on thursday tried to beat the green arrow heading to your Wilkes Barre Pa. terminal rear pup ended up laying in the bank parking lot. I don't know how to post the link, it was The Times leader. com who had the pix....
That driver was driving like an idiot. I seen some of these first hand. At my barn I saw a driver whip around a set of pups so hard and fast I was wishing the trailers would have flipped.
May I need to call it SELECTIVE P&D. The drivers will pull the safety card on a stop but at another they will back across the street to get in.

Well let's see I not comfortable driving those bag of :crap: sterlings I feel they are unsafe. I also feel that it is unsafe to backup oh hell it just unsafe to drive a truck so they can just pay me for showing up. "Sarcasm "
I know there are tight spots that only short trailer need to go, but pulling the safety card just because you don't like doing a stop is BS.

If you don't want to do a lot of backing and go to tight places then work in line haul.

That driver was driving like an idiot. I seen some of these first hand. At my barn I saw a driver whip around a set of pups so hard and fast I was wishing the trailers would have flipped.
May I need to call it SELECTIVE P&D. The drivers will pull the safety card on a stop but at another they will back across the street to get in.

Well let's see I not comfortable driving those bag of :crap: sterlings I feel they are unsafe. I also feel that it is unsafe to backup oh hell it just unsafe to drive a truck so they can just pay me for showing up. "Sarcasm "
I know there are tight spots that only short trailer need to go, but pulling the safety card just because you don't like doing a stop is BS.

If you don't want to do a lot of backing and go to tight places then work in line haul.
The driver that put that pup on its side was a good safe driver according to the xpo driver who knew & worked with him before, he was suppose to be there at 4am but was delayed for some reason. Its no excuse for what happened but that's what I was told ....

Was checking to see if this is normal. I have been with conway/XPO for 3 years now, and a guy at our barn is a DSR, but never drives a truck. No he's not injured. Guys that have been here for a long time say it has been going on for years. last manager made him a "lead dock guy" due to fact that they were in business together (moonshine and guns) well that manager, and a fos,and this DSR brother all got fired for this but this guy is still around and the new manager has let this continue. this DSR told a couple guys that he makes $70K for years now due to being "lead dock guy" comes in way early, works hourly wage 10-14 hours a day.I'm a proud african american man, who was never offered this job along with some others that are more qualified. so what gives, is this NORMAL?

You only have three years in. After a while you will start to see what is really wrong with this place. Or you will get smart and get out before you get the feeling there is something to lose by leaving. Equal opportunity is on your side. You'll get a job. Nothing to be scared of.

This is all true. Corporate came down to investigate and dumb dumb had some of the weapons he was selling in the company car......lmao the people they put in management. Not sure bout the moonshine:guinesssmilie:

He had a track record of success. Ignoring laws and fudging books. I'm surprised he wasn't higher up.

The way XPO Logistics\Con-way is set up you shouldn't waste your energy being mad at the other driver - He is only doing what management allows him to get away with.

If you were allowed to work in the "lead" position , would you?

This is a large company , we all have seen nonsense take place. If you're smart in how you handle it you can make your life easier.

Take the easy way. Everyone else is.

Did you have to special order your xpo skirt? why don't you stop being a crybaby. After seeing some of the words used in these posts, the last thing you should be worrying about is a non xpo posting here....

Did you special order your helmet for the short bus ? Why don't you mind your own business ? After seeing the words used in your posts, the last thing you should be worried about is posting anywhere on the Truckingboards.

Do we have to go over this again? Hope not.

Don't point your finger at me. I ain't posted all week.

He's not adding anything constructive and is the reason you needed to ask for things to return to topic.

If you are so happy with his contribution, why did you feel the need to say something ?

I am used to his ignorance. But if you are calling me out for something, you need to clarify what and why.

Don't point your finger at me. I ain't posted all week.

He's not adding anything constructive and is the reason you needed to ask for things to return to topic.

If you are so happy with his contribution, why did you feel the need to say something ?

I am used to his ignorance. But if you are calling me out for something, you need to clarify what and why.
:sign0024::sign0024:

Status
Not open for further replies.