Do you guys have clean or dirty trucks

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Do you guys have clean or dirty tractors where you work. I keep my tractor clean, but other guys drive around in rolling garbage cans it seems. What's it like where you guys work?

Ours get washed once a week, when the mobile wash crew decides to show up. My truck is one of the cleanest of the fleet. I am OCD about keeping it that way. One of the fuel stops I frequent has wash brushes and water that I touch it up between washes.

Guardrail

I keep mine clean. Problem is, it's a single axle and on the days I'm given a tandem there's no telling what it'll be like.
We've got one that's basically brand new, only like 45,000 on it, that looks like a family of racoons has been living in it. No one takes responsibility when they're slip seating.
Half filled soda cups, empty food containers, and my all time personal favorite the soda can half filled with tobacco juice. At least they're thoughtful enough not to spit on the floor I guess.

I keep mine clean. Problem is, it's a single axle and on the days I'm given a tandem there's no telling what it'll be like.
We've got one that's basically brand new, only like 45,000 on it, that looks like a family of racoons has been living in it. No one takes responsibility when they're slip seating.
Half filled soda cups, empty food containers, and my all time personal favorite the soda can half filled with tobacco juice. At least they're thoughtful enough not to spit on the floor I guess.

My new truck has just a little under 600 miles on the odometer. Mine is clean, but we get that to with the half filled tobacco juice and trash cans full of trash and one time I opened the passenger door of a truck I never had before and a bunch of garbage just poured out on to me.

We don't slip seat in our yard. My truck is only driven by me and I am anal when it comes to keeping the inside clean. I have always been that way when I have an assigned truck. Now as far as the out side goes, it only gets washed when it rains. They do not provide washing for shuttle trucks. If I wanted it washed, I would have to send it up for service and have them keep it till Monday(Sunday) since truck wash day is on Fridays.

I share with a city driver who, like myself, is a non-smoker and a bit anal about keeping the interior clean. Trucks are washed once a month and I do my best to keep the exterior clean in between, that's on my time. If that wasn't enough, new trucks have aluminum rims all around and I can't stand seeing them get dull or discolored. I'm keeping them looking good also, for now.

Edit: I just realized what forum this is, but I once ate a sandwich in this truck. Does that qualify?

C6CEB0A5-F396-47EF-BE3C-BE0E1D233FA6_zpsv6fxtqhi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a driver, that, if you leave trash in his truck, that trash will be in your mailbox the next day.

For the most part, the drivers who have the same truck every day keep it clean (I do know of one exception). The trucks that have no regular drivers are unbelievably trashed. I don't leave trash in any truck I drive, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to pick up after themselves.

We have a driver, that, if you leave trash in his truck, that trash will be in your mailbox the next day.

For the most part, the drivers who have the same truck every day keep it clean (I do know of one exception). The trucks that have no regular drivers are unbelievably trashed. I don't leave trash in any truck I drive, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to pick up after themselves.

I don't expect another driver to clean windows or take the fire extinguisher out to sweep the dirt that collects under it etc, but there is no excuse for leaving ones trash behind and not taking a second to use the provided broom to give a 2 second sweep of the driver's footwell. I referring to trucks that are obviously being properly cared for by the regular drivers, not the ones that are assigned but still have every spec of dirt they've collected from day one.

Washboard you're welcome to post here. I'm a linehaul driver at Saia and I post here.

You're a former foodservice monkey and Washboard I think is trying to forget about the time he did foodservice ;-) and yes, it is an open board to all :-)

I share with a city driver who, like myself, is a non-smoker and a bit anal about keeping the interior clean. Trucks are washed once a month and I do my best to keep the exterior clean in between, that's on my time. If that wasn't enough, new trucks have aluminum rims all around and I can't stand seeing them get dull or discolored. I'm keeping them looking good also, for now.

Edit: I just realized what forum this is, but I once ate a sandwich in this truck. Does that qualify?

C6CEB0A5-F396-47EF-BE3C-BE0E1D233FA6_zpsv6fxtqhi.jpg

See BOLD above:

Trying to forget that time you spent at a certain company working on a certain account? ;-)

You're a former foodservice monkey and Washboard I think is trying to forget about the time he did foodservice ;-) and yes, it is an open board to all :-)

The nightmares have subsided, only the flashbacks, cold sweats, and hairy palms remain. That was a long month at Clover Hill.:wink:

The nightmares have subsided, only the flashbacks, cold sweats, and hairy palms remain. That was a long month at Clover Hill.:wink:

I'm in therapy for the 9 years that I spent there, lol. It will be A LONG time before before the nightmares go away, especially since I have a few customers that they also have, LOL. And it's now called "Clover Mountain". They changed the name last year, have no idea why though.

There's some Clover company with dirty white International trucks running around Cleveland here I swear it's probably the one your talking about just started to notice them recently.

There's some Clover company with dirty white International trucks running around Cleveland here I swear it's probably the one your talking about just started to notice them recently.
White Internationals that say AIM Integrated Logistics on the door and either Clover Hill Foods or Clover Mountain Foods on the side of the box. Either 30' pups or straight trucks. They have the Dave's Markets, brightside Academy's, Haniner's(SP) warehouse and few other small places that they do in Cleveland. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday was the delivery days for Cleveland. Ran the Dave's route on Tuesday twice and the wednesday route once. Hated it! LOL. Surprised the trucks are dirty, Clover Mountain pays to have the trucks washed bi-weekly.

A Clover Hill tractor/pup passed me heading east on I-80 near Warren, OH at about 3am Friday. It seemed like an unusual time to be eastbound in that area.

A Clover Hill tractor/pup passed me heading east on I-80 near Warren, OH at about 3am Friday. It seemed like an unusual time to be eastbound in that area.

From what I hear, not anymore unusual. New router and routes are really screwed up. Cleveland trucks use to leave at 330am on Friday. Of course, I use to leave at 2am on Friday for a city route. 5 of the top drivers(me included) all left in the same year. One former Clover driver retired and the router/afternoon supervisor left after 10 years in that position. 2 of those drivers work with me. One in Cranberry, on in Canonsburg ;)