do you know a DAYLIGHT driver ????

I drove for Daylight Donuts for 9 years, thats where I learned to drive a truck, sadly they gave their transportation over to JB Hunt (DCS) just another one of the best private trucking jobs in the biz down the drain, I'm glad I wasn't there to see it happen, I know this isn't the same Daylight, I just felt compeled to share.

I don't know about now, but as of 2007 they didn't have any drivers. They use contractors & LTL carriers to consolidate their LTL shipments (mainly inbound/outbound So. California). In my opinion this is a bad company for other LTL's. They hire TL carriers for their line haul paying backhaul rates. Their discounts are high, they don't have any equipment or the infrastructure of other carriers to pay for. Basicly they can move the freight from a prime area and dist. throughout main points of the country cheaper than a true carrier. The problem is this takes away "real" carriers prime lanes and leaves them with more of the outlying freight across the country. I believe between them and Roadrunner they have become a problem for long haul LTL's like ABF, Yellow & FedEx National.... Just my feelings, I think it would help if the government would add at least a little regulation to this. What happens to customers outside LA, Chicago, New York etc. if they lose options of carriers because of this? Prices go up, service goes down. I wish something could be done about these "virtual" trucking companies and 3rd parties, carriers are hurting themselves by using these guys.