Yellow | Do you know this guy?

larry retired

TB Veteran
Credits
I probably shouldn't do this, but I can't help myself. Being on the boards has caused me to remember a few managers, and I was just wondering if any of you have memories of these guys. I know each of you has similar memories of others like this, obviously these are not unique.

Craig L********: As I recall he was once in Cleveland, and I don't know where else. He was my manager once and was a great guy. Unfortunately the white powder got the best of him. He took off with his secretary and a bunch of unsigned vouchers from the terminal safe and headed to Cancun. His daddy-in-law was Yellow's COO at the time. That poor soul had to leave the company in disgrace and never did anything wrong. Craig eventually wound up back in KC where he started holding up convenience stores to feed his habit. Last I heard he was in the Missouri state pen, and after that he was going to have to go over to Kansas and do some more time.

Third string Notre Dame linebacker: You know who I mean if you ever worked for him. Fortunately I never had to work directly for this guy, but a lot of my friends in Denver did. They all hated his guts. They told me when he did his daily dock-walk, they would all hum the Notre Dame fight song.:hysterical: They said he would walk with one hand in his pocket while swinging the other. They said all his minions would be lined up behind him doing the same thing. They said it looked like a momma duck with her little duckling in tow.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dan H*****: This fellow started as a casual at my barn. He eventually got on full-time. You know, we all talked all the time about management, but now everything we were saying was getting back to them and we didn't know how. Well, we finally figured it out. It was Dan. He eventually moved over to management where he belonged. He got canned up in Seattle a few years ago for embezzling from the company.

Mark S*********: You fellows up in Cleveland should know him. I think that is where I was told he came from. I never had to work directly for this man either. He was in charge of city dispatch and I was a hostler. Therefore I never had any problems with him, but everyone else hated his guts. One of our stewards got so po'ed at him one day that he slammed him up against a wall in a stairwell and was going to kill him. I don't know what stopped him. Another guy told me that Mark told him that his dad taught him to never treat a subordinate with anything but contempt, because if you did they would run all over you. Nice, huh? :hide:

Hope this brought you some memories and maybe a smile during these trying times.