XPO | Do You Love CWF?

mforeste said:
Hey no freight, just remeber who sends you all that dunnage...Me down at UBA, I shove as much dunnage as I can into a trailer going north, you guys hate that...I have received numerous emails w/ pics baout the dunnage I have sent(thats just plywood)...
Yeah well we did just get a sh*#!y load with some plywood the other day. Thanks! HaHa! :chairshot:

mforeste said:
Hey no freight, just remeber who sends you all that dunnage...Me down at UBA, I shove as much dunnage as I can into a trailer going north, you guys hate that...I have received numerous emails w/ pics baout the dunnage I have sent(thats just plywood)...

Send some to USA with a note explaining what it's for :biglaugh:

yeah, USa will send the trailer right back to us saying what are you using the dunnage for...TO BLOCK AND BRACE THE FREIGHT!!!!!!,never mind that its about a fott and a half thick....

At USE we are having people leave like rats from a sinking ship and people are getting screwed over a lot on the line runs like low men on the totem pole getting turned befor the senior guys because a FOS has an hair up his butt.

Bankroll said:
At USE we are having people leave like rats from a sinking ship and people are getting screwed over a lot on the line runs like low men on the totem pole getting turned befor the senior guys because a FOS has an hair up his butt.
You need a phone number?

I'm a CWF noobie however I am 43 yrs old and I've seen enough to know a crap company from a good company so I'd like to add a different perspective. Sometimes when you been at a job long enough you get a little jaded and sarcastic and forget that although others may have it a little better, there are many more who have it worse. Theres a handful of good ones that offer paid bennies, paid pensions, and overtime after 8/40. There are dozens that do not offer any of these. My last company didnt even pay drop/hook time. Got pd mileage for the run, hourly for dock after dropping/docking trailer at reship, clock out before rehooking, mileage to go back and drop/dock again. Gave away 2 hrs a day. No bennies no overtime no pension. Image, professionalism, appearance of facilities was no way near CWF. Point is sometimes we focus on the negative too much. All companies have good and bad and CWF has more good going on than bad when compared to the majority. Are there better ones? Maybe, but how much better? You have to eat a little sh** at any job. Lets face it, none of us really want to work if we didnt have to. Well thats my sermon, thanks for attending. Peace out.:smilie_132:

RevItUp said:
I'm a CWF noobie however I am 43 yrs old and I've seen enough to know a crap company from a good company so I'd like to add a different perspective. Sometimes when you been at a job long enough you get a little jaded and sarcastic and forget that although others may have it a little better, there are many more who have it worse. Theres a handful of good ones that offer paid bennies, paid pensions, and overtime after 8/40. There are dozens that do not offer any of these. My last company didnt even pay drop/hook time. Got pd mileage for the run, hourly for dock after dropping/docking trailer at reship, clock out before rehooking, mileage to go back and drop/dock again. Gave away 2 hrs a day. No bennies no overtime no pension. Image, professionalism, appearance of facilities was no way near CWF. Point is sometimes we focus on the negative too much. All companies have good and bad and CWF has more good going on than bad when compared to the majority. Are there better ones? Maybe, but how much better? You have to eat a little sh** at any job. Lets face it, none of us really want to work if we didnt have to. Well thats my sermon, thanks for attending. Peace out.:smilie_132:
Its just a lot of distrust of the company.Thats all

rev it up, glad to see you're showing no ill effects from your "mentor" friday nite in xco. how many times did you hear the word "man"?

badlionsfan said:
rev it up, glad to see you're showing no ill effects from your "mentor" friday nite in xco. how many times did you hear the word "man"?
Are you going to share with the rest of us.

gfy said:
Are you going to share with the rest of us.
the guy he went with to xco friday nite talks like boomhower from king of the hill, and sez man at least once a sentence. he's not from the north originally. when ever anyone talks to him at our barn, we always use "man" way too much, and with a deep southern accent. pretty boring, u just gotta know the guy i'm refering to.

badlionsfan said:

Man like, whadda ya mean man? Jimmy's cool man.:cool:

(Just got back from Kenny Chesney concert in Columbus last nite, awesome man!)

Just got my liscense from CSE(oops, CWF) so I'm greatful for that because most ltl co.s won't even give you a look without one.

Theres a few things about CWF I dislike, but thats regular with most co.s.Work is slow right now(as yall know)and I'm 2nd to last man on linehaul board, meaning I'm lucky to get at least one run a week, so I'm mostly stuck breaking CWTL vans from the west most nights.

What pisses me off is usually I'm forced to leave FAC early in order to give a forklift to a dsr from another terminal so they can break and go home,so right now, I'm clawing & scratching for at least 30hrs a week. Folks keep saying it'll pick up, and I'm optimistic,but that gets repetitive because thats what I've been hearing since March!!!

Lastly, we've just had bids and 5 of the top senior guys who was on dayshift p/d MOVED TO NIGHTTIME LINEHAUL!!! Translation:lesser runs for me.

CWF is a good co.,MOST of the mgrs have common sense and are way better than the mgrs at Southeastern(worked dock there right outta high school)who cursed like it was standard vocabulary. I'm sticking it out for at least a yr hoping it gets better.

gfy said:
3yrs to top,better tractors,higher pay,bigger return on 401 k,30min flat rate for dropping,15 min flat for fuel,all D.o.t. tests on the clock,management that acts like they care about their people,smoking area's,no dispatching or arriving,In extreme weather areas a heated dock,80 different health care plans and nicer looking uniforms.
sounds about right. well done. i think about how much i love conway every time one of those new volvos passes me climbing a hill- or on the flats. i made 85 grand last yr, maybe 87 or 88 this yr. guess its not that bad.

I have talked to Fedex drivers on the road and they all are saying the same thing.Conway freight are losing customers because there rates are higher than other companies and plus to much freight is being destroyed by the dock workers loading the freight.I have seen alot of trailers from all over with people using no dunnage no load bars or load racks and the the FOS's are signing off on them.The bad handling of freight is the real reason Conway is losing customers and that is what Ann Arbor will not tell you cause they do not want to face reality.I believe Conway is losing money and employees do to this reason.

:duh: :duh: I have talked to Fedex drivers on the road and they all are saying the same thing.Conway freight are losing customers because there rates are higher than other companies and plus to much freight is being destroyed by the dock workers loading the freight.I have seen alot of trailers from all over with people using no dunnage no load bars or load racks and the the FOS's are signing off on them.The bad handling of freight is the real reason Conway is losing customers and that is what Ann Arbor will not tell you cause they do not want to face reality.I believe Conway is losing money and employees do to this reason.

jstdrivin said:
sounds about right. well done. i think about how much i love conway every time one of those new volvos passes me climbing a hill- or on the flats. i made 85 grand last yr, maybe 87 or 88 this yr. guess its not that bad.
Not bad at all.Someone asked about FXF and I answered.OOPS

Nighthawk said:
:duh: :duh: I have talked to Fedex drivers on the road and they all are saying the same thing.Conway freight are losing customers because there rates are higher than other companies and plus to much freight is being destroyed by the dock workers loading the freight.I have seen alot of trailers from all over with people using no dunnage no load bars or load racks and the the FOS's are signing off on them.The bad handling of freight is the real reason Conway is losing customers and that is what Ann Arbor will not tell you cause they do not want to face reality.I believe Conway is losing money and employees do to this reason.
REALLY.I had no clue.Thank you for keeping us up on this new news.Have nice kool-aid day.

gfy said:
REALLY.I had no clue.Thank you for keeping us up on this new news.Have nice kool-aid day.

Apparently your just there for a hobby.If so maybe you need to stop listening to your TM and do your research a little bit more.:chairshot: