XPO | Do you think we will get a very nice raise after the new tax plan is enacted?

I don’t expect a raise because of standards. Let’s face it, we work for cheap bastards interested only in their bottom line. We are bidding for next year and I had to consider if I wanted to work here one more year. I am, for reasons to long to go into.

It's literally a day by day thing. UPS looking for over 100 more drivers up the street as soon as they finish the expansion. The UPS on the south side needs 50 drivers. OD adding doors and drivers. FedEx will hire anything with a CDL. They all pay better. Starting over always sucks. But we all see what's happening. It's only a matter of time.

Wrong Sir!
My Wife and myself will pay substantialy more in tax’s due to the fact they have now eliminated the local and state tax deduction in are Federal tax return which will cost us personally $6,000 in 2018 . Freinds of ours in New Jersey will pay $16,000 more. Now maybe if you live somewhere where you state and local taxes are very low you might break even.
You have to look at the fine points and not the talking points the Republicans want you to believe by watching Fox News.:1904:

The Republicans are not out to help the middle class.

I am not wrong. Your situation is different. For you it's not going to work out. And likely for reasons that go beyond the local and state deduction. For the overwhelming rest of us, it will be a tax break. If you have kids or dependents especially. And Jersey is small. What you mean is maybe, if you didn't live a :shit:hole, you could enjoy the tax plan with the rest of the country.

It doesn't matter what news channel I watch, you are still a clueless dumbass.

The Republicans and the Democrats and the whole of Washington DC is out for itself.

Wrong Sir!
My Wife and myself will pay substantialy more in tax’s due to the fact they have now eliminated the local and state tax deduction in are Federal tax return which will cost us personally $6,000 in 2018 . Freinds of ours in New Jersey will pay $16,000 more. Now maybe if you live somewhere where you state and local taxes are very low you might break even.
You have to look at the fine points and not the talking points the Republicans want you to believe by watching Fox News.:1904:

The latest word is that the SALT deductions will not be eliminated.

I have friends in NJ too. They live in a nice home, and their taxes aren't anywhere near $16000.

I have friends in NJ too. They live in a nice home, and their taxes aren't anywhere near $16000.
I have family that lives in Maplwood Nj who pay in excess of 16,000 a year on a million dollar home.

Probably depends what part of New Jersey you live in South Jersey is totally different the the northern part of the state.

I am not wrong. Your situation is different. For you it's not going to work out. And likely for reasons that go beyond the local and state deduction. For the overwhelming rest of us, it will be a tax break. If you have kids or dependents especially. And Jersey is small. What you mean is maybe, if you didn't live a :shit:hole, you could enjoy the tax plan with the rest of the country.

It doesn't matter what news channel I watch, you are still a clueless dumbass.

The Republicans and the Democrats and the whole of Washington DC is out for itself.
Again I will ignor the name calling. You probably are having a bad day or something. In general when people debate something the losing side usually will resort to that kind of banter in frustration. I willing to think someone as smart as you probably woke up on the wrong side of bed today and it has nothing to do with that.

Again I will ignor the name calling. You probably are having a bad day or something. In general when people debate something the losing side usually will resort to that kind of banter in frustration. I willing to think someone as smart as you probably woke up on the wrong side of bed today and it has nothing to do with that.

I got nothing to lose. You are talking about some idiot in Jersey with a million dollar home. Ain't none of the rest of us that guy.

Wrong Sir!

Not to be too nosey, but are your state and local taxes $25000 annually? If they are only $6000 then your tax burden on that would probably only be$750 to $1500 depending on which bracket you fall into. You only get to deduct the $6000 from your gross earnings not your tax total. I'm assuming you fall into either the 12% or 25% bracket. You have to gross more than $260000 to fall into one of the higher brackets.

Not to be too nosey, but are your state and local taxes $25000 annually? If they are only $6000 then your tax burden on that would probably only be$750 to $1500 depending on which bracket you fall into. You only get to deduct the $6000 from your gross earnings not your tax total. I'm assuming you fall into either the 12% or 25% bracket. You have to gross more than $260000 to fall into one of the higher brackets.

Here you go trying to use facts and intelligent conversation. This guy ain't about any of that.

Let’s not make it personal.

Exactly how are we supposed to react to this guys example of a $300K a year income and his $1M dollar home ? Frak him and his carrying on. People like that crying about paying taxes are greedy NOT needy. They should pay taxes on all of that. And they probably are abusing the system everyway they can to get out of it. Which is fine and well, but don't come telling me how awful it is that you are so well off, that's just stupid.

Let’s not make it personal.

He made it personal. It's his example. Should have kept it to himself if he didn't want to hear what people had to say about it.

Pointing fingers saying everyone else is some corporate clown. He ain't no truck driver living like that.

Gentlemen... the bottom line is the taxpayers between the coasts have been paying your taxes for to long. You pay huge property taxes, you write, them off, we make up the difference for you. Been going on to long. You liberals need to vote with your wallets not your bleeding hearts.

Damn right. Absolutely, with a doubt, no question, completely correct. Yes, sir.

This tax plan is BS just like every other so called tax break. The USA tax system is so unfair and one sided. The more you money you make the HIGHER percentage you pay in taxes and if you make under a certain amount you pay nothing. The only fair and even way to pay taxes is a flat tax that EVERYONE pays into. This includes anyone getting any money for the Govt like welfare, food stamps, housing allowance, and SS to name a few. I got my pay check today and my Fed Taxable income was $66500 and I have paid 13200 into the Federal Govt alone. That around 20% of my income.
Now if the US went to a flat tax system were EVERYBODY pays and the only per tax deduction were you 401K and HSA contribution you could fill out you tax return on a postcard. There would be no deduction at ALL none.
If we had a 10% flat tax that EVERYONE paid into we would be better off and the tax would be the same across the board. If you made $2,000 per year you would pay $200 in taxes and if you made $2 million you would pay $200,000 in taxes. That fair everyone paid the same percentage. The problem we have now are the leaches that suck on the system and never pay a dime while the working class pays the bills. This type of system that the liberals and Democrats praise and at one point will fail. The liberals want the people dependent on the Govt and if you don't belive me just look up what some of the said about the oil rich county of Venezuela years ago. They all said that there govt was the best system in the world and it was, until they ran out of other peoples money. Now look at then and there prices on food that shot up nearly 300% overnight.

This tax plan is nothing more than a quick handjob some crack ***** will do to get her next fix.

Last edited: